Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I don't want to be the kind of guy that will complain about everything, but I hope that early jan PTR ends up in a ~ 1st march patch, or I will have to say.. too soon for a new raid (56 kills of Sha as of now, with Xmas on the middle!)
    Don't worry I can pretty much guarantee to you that 5.2 will hit mid to late march. That puts it perfectly in the 6 month timeline for a new raid tier. It also means it will land perfectly just before the financial year first quarter finishes to get those to unsubbed players who were just waiting for patch 5.2 to resub for raiding again back in time to count for the shareholders report.

Expect a 2nd or third week in march launch 12th/13th or 19th/20th March 2013 release for 5.2 patch. My guess would be for 19th US release and 20th EU.

At the end of the storyline for 5.1 The Bell is destroyed
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's official, check the front page.

Honestly this isn't a surprise, I'd had 5.2 pegged as the Zandalari raid since Beta.

What is a surprise is Early January. That means PTR will be coming out sometime next week at the latest. It also means when they said 4-months to make a raid they meant 4-months from the previous tier, not previous patch.

Which means either we're looking at next expansion in the very early part of 2014 (I'm talking Janurary or February) or 4 tiers in MoP.
    Dok, read the pic again, it says ''PTR early Jan'' the Patch wont be out in Jan, the PTR will NOT the actual launch.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-12-21 at 09:05 AM.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but we've already seen a Mogu raid and Trolls in raids has been used to death. What is a legitimate reason to get excited for it?

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I don't want to be a debbie downer, but we've already seen a Mogu raid and Trolls in raids has been used to death. What is a legitimate reason to get excited for it?
    I dont mean to put realism into your debbie downer but..... Have you seen ANY of the bosses in this raid ? Have you seen the trash ? You you seen ANYTHING but this one picture ??

Shed some light on what you mean because I have no idea that this is a full on mogu/troll raid ?

Deleted
    Was to be expected with a troll raid, considering how the kunlai summit storyline ended if you went the whole way while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    I dont mean to put realism into your debbie downer but..... Have you seen ANY of the bosses in this raid ? Have you seen the trash ? You you seen ANYTHING but this one picture ??

Shed some light on what you mean because I have no idea that this is a full on mogu/troll raid ?
    There's a possibility that there could be something different inside it, but it's literally been hinted 20 times throughout the expansion. The end boss is the Thunder King, who is clearly the first -Mogu- emperor. The Zandalari came to Pandaria to personally ressurect him so you'll definitely see trolls there. He's bound to have some Mogu henchman.

It's going to be a Mogu/Troll raid, which doesn't get me excited. Sorry?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Dok, read the pic again, it says ''PTR early Jan'' the Patch wont be out in Jan, the PTR will NOT the actual launch.
    Yeah. Shows me for not having my glasses on to read.

I'd say early 2014 was off. But I do still think we're on a timetable right now where Blizz will release 4 tiers in MoP to avert another Dragon Soul.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Blizz is doing 2 month patchrate and it's AWESOME!

Because it has the potential for lots of bosses, new and fun mechanics, and nice art and story? What, should people's excitement be based solely on what race the bosses will be? "Oh, the bosses are going to be Jinyu? You're allowed to be mildly excited. Wait, the bosses are going to be Ethereals? You're allowed to be extremely excited in that case."

There's a possibility that there could be something different inside it, but it's literally been hinted 20 times throughout the expansion. The end boss is the Thunder King, who is clearly the first -Mogu- emperor. The Zandalari came to Pandaria to personally ressurect him so you'll definitely see trolls there. He's bound to have some Mogu henchman.

It's going to be a Mogu/Troll raid, which doesn't get me excited. Sorry?
    Cool, move on then and take your debbie downer with you bra.

Deleted
    Trolls in raids been used to death? The last troll raid was in TBC, we seen one troll boss in raids during the last 4 years and its been used to death, i just do not get this logic.

Deleted
    I have to agree with you. Trolls got content literally every expansion (either raid or 5 man or a zone) I am already so bored of them being wheeled out.

We already have a troll/mogu raid this expansion in Mogu''shan vaults so if its just going to be more of the same this is going to be one hell of a boring tier, especially if its a big one!

The mogu also do not seem like an appealing enemy, I guess constantly fighting them in all those dailies and all over pandaria has got me bored of them fast.

Trolls in raids been used to death? The last troll raid was in TBC, we seen one troll boss in raids during the last 4 years and its been used to death, i just do not get this logic.
    And the last 2 expansions had troll 5 mans and a troll zone. its done to death.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2012-12-21 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's official, check the front page.

Honestly this isn't a surprise, I'd had 5.2 pegged as the Zandalari raid since Beta.

What is a surprise is Early January. That means PTR will be coming out sometime next week at the latest. It also means when they said 4-months to make a raid they meant 4-months from the previous tier, not previous patch.

Which means either we're looking at next expansion in the very early part of 2014 (I'm talking Janurary or February) or 4 tiers in MoP.
    Why wouldn't MoP have 4 tiers? With the exception of Cataclysm, every expac and even Vanilla had 4 tiers of raid content.

Vanilla:
    Tier 1: MC / Ony
    Tier 2: BWL / ZG
    Tier 3: AQ
    Tier 4: Naxx

BC:
    Tier 1: Kara / Gruul's / Mag
    Tier 2: SSC / TK
    Tier 3: Black Temple / Mount Hyjal
    Tier 4: Sunwell

WOTLK:
    Tier 1: Naxx / Sarth / Malygos
    Tier 2: Ulduar
    Tier 3: ToC
    Tier 4: ICC

The length of some of these is laughable and debatable at best, but before Cata we always saw at least 4 different sets of raids get released. So hopefully we're seeing a return to that with the speed at which these patches are getting developed.

As for the patch news itself, yay? Not sure I'm excited about more Mogu / Trolls, but more content is always fun. Even if our guild is still working on current Tier Q.Q

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Why wouldn't MoP have 4 tiers? With the exception of Cataclysm, every expac and even Vanilla had 4 tiers of raid content.

Vanilla:
    Tier 1: MC / Ony
    Tier 2: BWL / ZG
    Tier 3: AQ
    Tier 4: Naxx

BC:

WOTLK:
    Tier 1: Naxx / Sarth / Malygos
    Tier 2: Ulduar
    Tier 3: ToC
    Tier 4: ICC

The length of some of these is laughable and debatable at best, but before Cata we always saw at least 4 different sets of raids get released. So hopefully we're seeing a return to that with the speed at which these patches are getting developed.

As for the patch news itself, yay? Not sure I'm excited about more Mogu / Trolls, but more content is always fun. Even if our guild is still working on current Tier Q.Q
    Well let's be a little honest here.

Vanilla - 3 tiers, 1 tier only the top 10% finished

BC - 3.5 tiers

Wrath - 4 tiers

Cata - 3 tiers when there was time for 4

MoP - 2 and counting.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get some Saurok Bosses.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

It's really rich. I made this post about 20 minutes before the preview image was releases and in that 20 minutes there was so much "OMG ZA/ZG 3.0 REHASH QQ" and now it looks like it's going to be Ulduar 2.0 which is a juxtaposition of the worst to best thing ever made by popular consensus. Their lack of faith tastes sweet in defeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol ppl are already complaining here. Thats new, wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    BC:
    Sorry Sunwell isnt a full tier. It added 3 additional items to the Tier 6 set, as well as items that were a bit stronger from those in BT/MH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    And the last 2 expansions had troll 5 mans and a troll zone. its done to death.
    He said trolls in raids, not 5 man content/world zones.