Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    8 years later, they're pretty hard pressed to create mechanics that haven't been used before. That said, there are plenty new encounters this expansion that could possibly share a previous mechanic, but yet are still complex in their own way.
    yep from time to time blizzard comes with someting difrent.
    but its good they don't overdo a new thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    /enter10charsrighthere

How is that stating as fact? I was asking a series of questions about remembering points over the course of WoW's history. Those who answer Yes to any (or all) are counted in "we", right?

Get down from your high horse sir!

WoW needs more Goblin raids.

Deleted
    Oooh Mogu, pretty boring race. I'd rather have more Alliance vs Horde quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    No one expects the Zandalari inquisition!
    Oh you just made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very excited for the big new raid. But I'm also curious as to whether or not they'll include any new 5-mans in this or any other patch. Not saying I want something like in Cataclysm, where the new dungeons gave you loot to outshine previous raid tiers - I know Blizzard wants players to consider previous tiers viable content in this expansion.

Just want me some more dungeons. Done all the others already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Except that's not what Pheromones is for. You use it to kite a big-ass bug around that can't be tanked by anyone else, plus he is constantly swiping in front of him so you have to keep his front away from the raid while being far away to not get nearly one-shot. Totally the same fight as Putricide.

If you reach and stretch you can connect any fight mechanic.
    Professor Putricide had no cleave. While you can stretch to connect any fight mechanic, pulling one out of your butt is going a little far afield.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    How is that stating as fact? I was asking a series of questions about remembering points over the course of WoW's history. Those who answer Yes to any (or all) are counted in "we", right?

Get down from your high horse sir!
    I am actually riding a Mule. It is a very low horse >:

I guess I took what you said out of context then. My apologies sir :x.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I think many people saw this coming but that doesn't change the fact that I'm looking forward to it. Overall I consider tier 14 one of the best tiers that I've raided starting from tier 4 and I have reasonably high hopes for tier 15 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Why wouldn't MoP have 4 tiers? With the exception of Cataclysm, every expac and even Vanilla had 4 tiers of raid content.
    That's not entirely true. Technically speaking, both BC and Classic had three tiers. AQ40 wasn't it's own tier, it was sorta a half-tier. It's more of a sister-raid to BWL or Naxx. Likewise for Sunwell, which was technically part of the same tier as BT/Hyjal, as it dropped Tier 6 set pieces, despite the increased difficulty and later release date.

Just like I wouldn't consider Terrace a different tier than MV (or ICC and Halion) even though they weren't released at the same time and they have different item levels.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Very excited for the big new raid. But I'm also curious as to whether or not they'll include any new 5-mans in this or any other patch. Not saying I want something like in Cataclysm, where the new dungeons gave you loot to outshine previous raid tiers - I know Blizzard wants players to consider previous tiers viable content in this expansion.

Just want me some more dungeons. Done all the others already.
    Something like the loot given by 4.1 ZA/ZG would be fitting if instances were introduced. Since, the first raid tier gave 359's, and 353's dropped in those two instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Something like the loot given by 4.1 ZA/ZG would be fitting if instances were introduced. Since, the first raid tier gave 359's, and 353's dropped in those two instances.
    They don't want people to skip over RF for gearing. New dungeons will probably give blues (maybe a guaranteed purple off the end boss) of a slightly less ilevel than current RF, but higher ilevel than current heroics.

And I suspect they will probably bump up the success chance for loot in the previous RF tier, or remove the boss locks.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That's not entirely true. Technically speaking, both BC and Classic had three tiers. AQ40 wasn't it's own tier, it was sorta a half-tier. It's more of a sister-raid to BWL or Naxx. Likewise for Sunwell, which was technically part of the same tier as BT/Hyjal, as it dropped Tier 6 set pieces, despite the increased difficulty and later release date.

Just like I wouldn't consider Terrace a different tier than MV (or ICC and Halion) even though they weren't released at the same time and they have different item levels.
    I actually kind liked the staggered tier of MoP, with Vaults sort've been independent of the others, and Heart of Fear leading into Terrace. It seems like the Thunder King raid is a single stand-alone affair, but I wouldn't mind seeing more raids leading into other raids, in terms of storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    They don't want people to skip over RF for gearing. New dungeons will probably give blues (maybe a guaranteed purple off the end boss) of a slightly less ilevel than current RF, but higher ilevel than current heroics.

And I suspect they will probably bump up the success chance for loot in the previous RF tier, or remove the boss locks.

Maybe that's what they want, but it's not going to work. Even today if I try to queue LFR at around 1am West Coast time, there's like an hour queue or longer for DPS. Lots of groups sit around for 10, 20, 30+ minutes waiting for a healer.

I imagine the queues will only be worse for outdated LFR.

You can't make your main source of "catch-up" gear something that can only be done during prime time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I actually kind liked the staggered tier of MoP, with Vaults sort've been independent of the others, and Heart of Fear leading into Terrace. It seems like the Thunder King raid is a single stand-alone affair, but I wouldn't mind seeing more raids leading into other raids, in terms of storyline.
    Oh, me too. I like it a lot, especially if a tier is going to be several smaller instances.

But I also like really long, epic raids, too, so I'm okay with a unified release for that.

Mostly I was just commenting that I don't think it's accurate to count AQ40 or Sunwell as their own tier anymore than it would be to count Hallion or ZA or Terrace or any of the other staggered raid releases.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    don't forget that bliz also said they are adding more world bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Man that new place looks amazing!! and joycemiester is right it Does kind of feel like ulduar

between this and that new book about voljin in April its looking like a fun spring in Warcraft

A picture of the front gate leads you to believe that "the place looks amazing" even though you haven't seen it yet.
    And
    It "Feels" like ulduar somehow from looking at a screenshot of the front gate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I wish those trolls would die off already. I hate that they brought them back yet again.
    But but but trolls are awesome

| twitch | bsky
    |

Well the raid will be having 13 bosses!
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=date...h#achievements
    Count the number of heroic boss achievements and different names.
    Also here:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...ges-and-more#.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing