Deleted

Another haste cap thread: geming this time

Heya fellows 'lock,

I have a specific probleme to submit, in my case i upgraded my stuff (ilvl 495), i had 14.5 approx hit + 6700 haste (second plateau) reached before i upgraded but with reforging, now that i have looted better stuff i can't reach that plateau just by reforge (keeping my hit rating).

So this is my question:

Should i stick to the ~4800 plateau with my gems being mastery ones
    Or should i put in my yellow socket, haste gems and reach that ~6700 plateau ?
    in other words, is geming pure haste a non sense or not ?

Just do a SimulationCrafting based on which changes you want to.

For me, even in ilvl 489, was better go after 6700 haste and after stack mastery then 4717 + mastery by about 200-300 dps.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2012-12-21 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    only singeltarget dps gain if you do it

I'd gem haste, reforging is a little easier to handle with especially with reforge lite (addon).

So if you needed the Mastery for the multi-dot fights you can easily rework your setup by a couple clicks instead of regemming. The idea can work both ways, but with a "Haste cap" its more of a foundation thing and the mastery can be flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    So if you needed the Mastery for the multi-dot fights
    Why? Mastery is not better in multi-dot than Haste, it is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Why? Mastery is not better in multi-dot than Haste, it is?
    Why are your letters fat?

It's going to be a question of very little dps loss/gain, so go for what you prefer. I personally prefer my dots lasting for a long time (reaching haste plateaus), this makes multidotting easier and casting fast is always lovely.

Deleted
    as far as i remember the principle is : lenght stay the same for a dot, only the amount of "tick" from the duration is changed by haste plateaus

thanks for answers, did a quick simcraft, difference is ~500 dps in favor of ~4800 haste + mastery than ~6700 haste then mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Why are your letters fat?
    Because my letters are like me.