Deleted

Is it worth to start playing again? Or is GW2 dead already?

I played 3 weeks when GW2 came out, but I quit because the servers lagged like hell.. and went back to WOW when MOP was released.
    Should I start playing GW2 again? Is it worth it?

Deleted
    Well there's the winter event people seem to find it fun. Its not like you have to resub so i'd just login take a look and leave if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to pay anything since you already own it, so why not just go and try it instead of asking a forum where you will get mixed answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? It's free anyway. Personally I haven't touched the game since I got my char to full exotic 1.5 months into release, so I cannot comment on how populated servers are.

Servers are still pretty populated, there's still overflows etc. But there's not so many people in the low level zones and SPvP like there were at start

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You don't have to pay anything since you already own it, so why not just go and try it instead of asking a forum where you will get mixed answers.
    Pretty much this.

You do not pay any monthly fee, why come here and ask? Just download the patch, and login. Is it worth it? Keep playing. Is it not? Log out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittypurry View Post
    I played 3 weeks when GW2 came out, but I quit because the servers lagged like hell.. and went back to WOW when MOP was released.
    Worth it as in should you re-sub? Or worth it as in worth your time?

Well the first question is just a joke we all know there is no sub fee, you can play GW2 as long as you have an active account aka its not banned. So you must mean worth your time. Well there are a few new things in game most specifically the Wintersday activites. All of which i find fun and entertaining. There is also the lost shores and fractals which both came last month. So there is plenty of new things to do and theres alot of ppl doing them.

Now as to your question is GW2 dead already. I would say no because Anet is still selling copies of GW2 and their events bring players back each time. Also GW2 can never die. There isnt a sub fee so how could u tell? Also ppl are buying gems like crazy during events so Anet is making money.

Deleted
    You've already bought it, have fun with it. It doesn't matter if you only play it for a week or two - it's still good entertainment for something you already own.

I don't know why the servers lagged for you though, if that made it unplayable, I'm not sure if it will have changed because it might well be on your end. I'm in the EU playing on US servers since release and I've pretty much never had any lag other than during the Nov lost shores weekend event. You'll probably find the game very similar to when you left it - although there are less people playing now I think than just a few weeks after release, as you would expect with just about any game.

I'm just not sure why you had so many lag problems you found it unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittypurry View Post
    I'm having as much if not more fun that I had when I first started palying the game a few months ago. I just started with WvWvW and couldn't be happier, but if you are going to try and play it like WoW, don't bother. It's wierd playing without thinking about level, all other MMO's I played I always kept a close eye on my level, now I don't even care. I have around 185 extra skill points atm, I wonder what level I'd be if it didn't stop at 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm guessing the OP has never played GW2, or he/she would already know this. This is like me starting a thread to ask if it's worth it to start playing Skyrim again.

These type of topics and questions are totally unnecessary. They also invite a lot of easy trolling.

You have bought the game already. Play as you wish. Don't need the internet's opinion to do so.

-- Fencers