[Resto] Is it normal for my healing to be low with this 10m comp?

Holy pally and a disc priest and then there;s me the druid. Normally i'm a decent player that tops meters but a druid can't really snipe heals so it's a little frustrating. Am I dreaming or does it make any sense? >.>

You are going up against the 2 shielding healing specs - of course your healing will be low on most fights with that sort of comp. (Half the fights are better off 2 healed anyhow)

Better question is, does it matter? Are you guys downing the bosses? Would the raid be better off having one of you go dps to down them faster? Or switching to 2.5 healers (the disc full time atonement healing on fights that are a bit too rough for 2 heals, but not really needing 3)

Your healing is probably low since u guys have enough gear to 2 man heal it and are running with 3, if u are downing bosses right now it don't matter. But if u are dying of too low healing then i would guess that you are doing something wrong. If you can you should run with 2 healers, it should be enough and not that hard if u have decent gear (like 472+ or something around there). We are currently running 2 man healing (druid + disc / druid + pally) and its works very well. When you are running 3 healers your hots will just overheal more, especially if you running with a pally so i guess that is also a factor to your "low healing", but need logs to say any more .

Until you give us some numbers, it's hard to analyze your situation. Low is not necessarily bad if the raid is in no danger of dying. I usually heal for 45-55k in my 10 man MSV and go down to as low as 28k in LFR. If the other healers are doing a good job at keeping the raid up, of course your healing will be lower. Anzolix explained it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Until you give us some numbers, it's hard to analyze your situation. Low is not necessarily bad if the raid is in no danger of dying. I usually heal for 45-55k in my 10 man MSV and go down to as low as 28k in LFR. If the other healers are doing a good job at keeping the raid up, of course your healing will be lower. Anzolix explained it nicely.
    I actually destroy by a mile every healer in LFR but yesterday on heroic blade lord. The other 2 absorb based healer were doing 40-44k while I was doing 24-32.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 05:35 PM ----------

And I also know I can't really take advantage of swiftmend's aoe on that fight but still.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I actually destroy by a mile every healer in LFR but yesterday on heroic blade lord. The other 2 absorb based healer were doing 40-44k while I was doing 24-32.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 05:35 PM ----------

And I also know I can't really take advantage of swiftmend's aoe on that fight but still.
    Either its your other healers that are extremely good and topping ppl off fast or your doing something wrong, starting to thing that you are doing something wrong. Since i only killed him in normal i cant really compare but i think you should be higher. But still if you down the bosses and don't have any problem with healing i wouldn't worry to much. Would be nice if u can link some logs

I mean in MSV we run with druid + disc so ofc i will get high numbers since disc is mostly absorb and i will need to "heal" them up, but numbers dont matter rlly, what matters is if you down the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You are going up against the 2 shielding healing specs - of course your healing will be low on most fights with that sort of comp. (Half the fights are better off 2 healed anyhow)

Better question is, does it matter? Are you guys downing the bosses? Would the raid be better off having one of you go dps to down them faster? Or switching to 2.5 healers (the disc full time atonement healing on fights that are a bit too rough for 2 heals, but not really needing 3)
    This basically sums up your issue. The best advice I can give is compare your healing to other Druids that are healing in the same comp and see how you compare. The damage on the bulk of blade lord can be easily predicted and spirit shelled I tend to find that the bulk of my healing on blade lord comes in the final 20% when the absorbs don't keep up with the healing and the mobility that we have wins.

your druid its normal..

if you have a priest with some brain that knows the encounter

spirit shells will take out almost ALL the dmg inc.. its sad but its like that ^^

our heal shamy is not happy too cause well the priest is steeling all the heal... befor we had the priest he was realy good in heal an ranking now that we got the priest he is like last on EVRY fight :P

you cant do anything about shielding classes

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    This basically sums up your issue. The best advice I can give is compare your healing to other Druids that are healing in the same comp and see how you compare. The damage on the bulk of blade lord can be easily predicted and spirit shelled I tend to find that the bulk of my healing on blade lord comes in the final 20% when the absorbs don't keep up with the healing and the mobility that we have wins.
    I actually have a bit. It seems to be the same issue for monks and resto shamans as well with that comp so maybe i'm not just the suck.