making a good budget PC

would like opinion on this setup please before i purchase

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/2715941/2012-12-21 ( sorry for being in swedish but the items are as usual in english)

HDD+ ram is allready purchased from another website so hence why not in this list.

PC will be used for wow/d3/mw3 and some fruitloops
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure how much power that thing will have for gaming (the fruitloops it should handle no problem ) or how well the onboard gpu will play with your 7770 selected. Someone with more knowledge can probably say way mo better than I could. What kind of budget do you have?

Around 450USD/ 345Euro

sounds low but as stated, allready have Ram and HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    I testify here that the 7770 will have enough juice to pay stuff on high settings at 1280x1024 , i should know i have it, above that i cant say, about the cpu I'd say try to go for an i3 3220 and a cheap ivy bridge motherboard intel destroys amd on the cpu field for now atleast.

so on 1920x1080 it'll do with medium?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know nor can i say it will, it very much depends on the games, for medium i think something like a 7850 atleast, would be much more fiting, now how to put that into your budget i dont know, i myself made a budget pc for gaming at 1280x1024 and its quite perfect with this:

I3 3220
    8GB ddr3 1333mhz
    Sapphire GHZ edition 7770

But at your resolution i think more juice on the gpu is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    7770 should be ok for med @ 1920x1080. Im curious if there would be any conflicts between the apu and the dedicated. I think you can xfire it, but I think you have to get like a hd 6670 or something like that to enable to hybrid xfire. I cant remember if thats a locked or unlock cpu ( if oc'ing is your thing). You could consider looking at a pentium, i3 or fx 6300 build. The intels I know you can toss in with a pretty cheap mobo ( i think those are the B75's? ) and the 6300 you can do the same as long as its am3+ and will support it.

i asked this same question regarding this setup on another forum (not mmo related) and they claimed that the integrated GPU *AMD
    Modell Radeon HD 7000* would handle playing wow on 1920x1080 wich feels abit dodgy to me..

and no clocking isnt really my thing. i prefer not to touch stuff like that more than needed

those intels setups from the website im ordering from actually costs more for less performance, so thats why i went AMD

10+ Year Old Account
    It could probably handle it with all settings to low. If you can do the hybrid crossfire, it could possibly help being able to go maybe mediumish. Havent played WoW in forever so not sure how its come along with the graphics. Im guessing they updated some of it with MoP release.

Are the A8's or A-10's more than what your looking to spend? At 1080p on med settings those will do ok until you get into a crowded city or a raid. Pairing with a discrete card for the hybrid crossfire could help some as well. I want to say that you have to use like a 6650 or something in order to do that. If you can turn off the gpu part of the apu and use the 7770 it should still do ok at med-low settings until yuo get into an intense situation.

If im wrong someone please come correct and save me

Quote Originally Posted by Nixaler View Post
    7770 should be ok for med @ 1920x1080. Im curious if there would be any conflicts between the apu and the dedicated. I think you can xfire it, but I think you have to get like a hd 6670 or something like that to enable to hybrid xfire. I cant remember if thats a locked or unlock cpu ( if oc'ing is your thing). You could consider looking at a pentium, i3 or fx 6300 build. The intels I know you can toss in with a pretty cheap mobo ( i think those are the B75's? ) and the 6300 you can do the same as long as its am3+ and will support it.
    would the xrossfire improve performance alot or what? i mainly use computers not toy with em so much so no clue about these kind of things

10+ Year Old Account
    It would help some on the graphics load, but with WoW being more cpu bound you really want to look into a slightly beefier processor. Ive been trying to find a site that did a review on them with some wow benchmarks in them to give you an idea, but havent had much luck as of yet.

heres one from Tom's hardware : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...k,3224-16.html

a gaming build "suggestion" from anandtech : http://www.anandtech.com/show/6449/h...buyers-guide/4

Ill keep looking to see if I can come across anything else.
    Last edited by Nixaler; 2012-12-21 at 06:43 PM.

im sorry if i cant answer on everything etc but i do not have very good knowledge of computers anymore ( i knew alot when pentium 2 was awesome haha)

so is the setup i have good or bad or what should i change in terms of hardware? in same price range that is

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol and no worries Since you Intels are out of your price range, are the fx cpus from amd the same? If you can work up something with a 6300( if the 4300 is significantly cheaper look at that, but here in US its only 10$ difference and I wouldnt recommend it with them so close in price) in your range it would do better than the one you have selected for sure. If not and the APU's are what you must stick with, I would at least say look for the A8 or A10, as I believe that would at least give you a little more horsepower than the A4. Especially if you dont want to look into overclocking.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 07:51 AM ----------

There is a guy on another forum I frequent often, who has the A10-5800k, says he gets about an avg of at least 45 fps in Skyrim, which most benchmarks I see, AMD seems to "tank" somewhat. He also recommends getting a faster speed of ram ( he is using ddr3-2400 ) this is without a discrete card and also with an overclock to both cpu and gpu. W/O going that route, ymmv

Also it seems most sites use the hd 6770 to pair up with the APU's for the hybrid crossfire. (Sucks though imo that the 6770's are still same price as 7770)

If going the APU line I would still recommend getting one of the quad core versions be it the A8 or A10, possibly look into a faster speed of ram and hold off on the gpu for now. The ones with K behind it i believe are the unlocked ones (A8-5600K) the locked one would be the A8-5500.

I am not 100% positive on all the intricacies of the AMD APU's, so please get a 2nd opinion just in case I am wrong on some of the info.