Page 1 of 47
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Code pink is all I needed to see for some fresh scapegoating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice plan. So the first target in future school shootings is the lonely cop guarding the school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Nice plan. So the first target in future school shootings is the lonely cop guarding the school.
    better than no cops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    better than no cops.
    How about sorting the root of the problem? No school should need armed police guarding them, if that started happening here I would move country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Think it through, if a cop is shot outside of the school and teachers have guns what happens to the crazy guy about to bust in?

"How about sorting the root of the problem?"

How about telling us what you think the root of the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what happens with gun rights in our country, this seems like a reasonable step to take. Even if our government made it impossible to get a weapon, its quite possible some nut already has one and is planning a copycat crime. While a cop or two might not be able to stop someone, they stand a better chance than a bunch of unarmed teachers and kids.

The NRA's scapegoat is media sesnationalization of gun violence and violent video games.

They fail to address why those same factors do not lead to gun rampages in countries such as Australia, England, Japan, Germany, China, etc...

Hint: They don't let you get your hands on the guns in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klimon View Post
    The NRA's scapegoat is media sesnationalization of gun violence and violent video games.

They fail to address why those same factors do not lead to gun rampages in countries such as Australia, England, Japan, Germany, China, etc...

You can own them, but they make you jump through hoops to get them.

After 9/11 we have increased security and security spending to astronomical levels. Yet, we have 0 indication that any of those increases in "security" or spending has prevented even 1 attack.

Now, after 1 school schooting, you want to pay for to train and place armed guards at every school in the country? Who is going to pay for that? Will that actually make the schools any safer at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Code pink is all I needed to see for some fresh scapegoating.
    Where is code pink on fast and furious and benghazi? Heads still in the sand? At least 10 times more people have died with fast and furious and they are silent? If they arent consistent they are bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    How about sorting the root of the problem? No school should need armed police guarding them, if that started happening here I would move country.
    The root of the problem is complicated and will take time to sort out. I think its irresponsible not to take this step, at least as an interim solution.

I guess it would be somewhat acceptable if they took the money for it out the military budget. If this is realized and it goes out of the education budget then I'll feel really bad for the kids that are going through school now and in the future.

So sad. So the NRA does not even acknowledge that all of the mass slayings the killers used semi-auto, high capacity magazines. So they say put armed guard in every school which idiots don't realize that not all killings happened in school, Aurora in a movie theatre. Taking a wild guess here that most in NRA are super right wing conservatives and the other issue of spending how much money to our federal government for the cost of armed guards. So the want to EXPAND the federal government, luz, they contradict themselves.

He also blamed violent video games, Hollywood, gun free zones in schools and other factors. Well the video games and Hollywood I actually think there is a de-sensitive of violence among youth. I ask this question tho if this is the case how come many more mass killings don't happen in Europe and other places. Call of Dutry and other shooter games are just as popular in Europe and other countries as they are in U.S., same goes for movies. Gun Free zones are a joke. Thats like putting up signs in your vegetable garden that says "no rabbits" while 20 rabbits sit outside your garden and there is no fence from stopping them. Our nation is flooded with guns, so people are going to move anywhere they want with their guns. Tough gun laws say in city of New York does not mean that guns will not be transported across state lines from Pennsylvania for sale.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klimon View Post

I love your point Klimon. The violence like this is only happening in one country. I know other countries have had mass killings but not the rash of mass killings like the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...so given that school budgets are being slashed all the time the sheer financial scope of this make it an impossibility.

Plus as mentioned earlier, this doesn't fix the problem. Not even close.

All the focus on guns is really missing the real issues at play, which is unfortunate. Any gun related solution will just potentially minimize the damage, but not stop it completely. Of course, it may also make the problem even worse.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Hope they give the cops armor piercing rounds because coming equipped in body armor to mass shootings is becoming a trend. Or they could devote resources to realistic solutions like mental health screenings and family support for mentally unstable children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So sad. So the NRA does not even acknowledge that all of the mass slayings the killers used semi-auto, high capacity magazines. So they say put armed guard in every school which idiots don't realize that not all killings happened in school, Aurora in a movie theatre. Taking a wild guess here that most in NRA are super right wing conservatives and the other issue of spending how much money to our federal government for the cost of armed guards. So the want to EXPAND the federal government, luz, they contradict themselves.

He also blamed violent video games, Hollywood, gun free zones in schools and other factors. Well the video games and Hollywood I actually think there is a de-sensitive of violence among youth. I ask this question tho if this is the case how come many more mass killings don't happen in Europe and other places. Call of Dutry and other shooter games are just as popular in Europe and other countries as they are in U.S., same goes for movies. Gun Free zones are a joke. Thats like putting up signs in your vegetable garden that says "no rabbits" while 20 rabbits sit outside your garden and there is no fence from stopping them. Our nation is flooded with guns, so people are going to move anywhere they want with their guns. Tough gun laws say in city of New York does not mean that guns will not be transported across state lines from Pennsylvania for sale.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 11:58 AM ----------

I love your point Klimon. The violence like this is only happening in one country. I know other countries have had mass killings but not the rash of mass killings like the U.S.
    yet they still happen anyways. how very intriguing. banning guns wont stop the shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Hope they give the cops armor piercing rounds because coming equipped in body armor to mass shootings is becoming a trend. Or they could devote resources to realistic solutions like mental health screenings and family support for mentally unstable children.
    Solutions that might actually work have no place in the conservative agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So true. Putting up guards in schools will only make the mass shooters take their business, if you can call it that, elsewhere since there won't be guards everywhere.

What would be next? A soldier on every street corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yeah...so given that school budgets are being slashed all the time the sheer financial scope of this make it an impossibility.

Plus as mentioned earlier, this doesn't fix the problem. Not even close.

All the focus on guns is really missing the real issues at play, which is unfortunate. Any gun related solution will just potentially minimize the damage, but not stop it completely. Of course, it may also make the problem even worse.
    It would probably have no affect. These shootings aren't crimes of passion. They don't happen because someone has access to a gun and has a bad day. The killer is determined to cause serious damage and will do so with or without gun control. The core problem is diagnosing and treating the various mental illnesses that drive these mass killings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps