Kindle Fire HD vs iPad 3

Earlier this year I purchased the iPad 3. Ever since updating to iOS 6, however, I find myself not using it nearly as much since its primary use in my daily life included YouTube (Which only exists in the browser now).

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of Google integration (finding a good Google Talk app, for example, is proving next to impossible) and am unwilling to invest more money into the Apple ecosystem (To which my content is forever contained).

Lo and behold, someone I work for got me a Christmas present. A Kindle Fire HD. I was quite excited as I do love Android and have heard nothing but great things about the Kindle Fire.

Yet here it is, Christmas time, and I have received a second tablet. I know at least one person (My father) who's been wanting a tablet for a long time and have considered simply re-gifting the Kindle Fire to him and continuing to use the iPad hoping the issues with it are ironed out. The problem is the Kindle Fire is more than double our annual gift price-limits even though I paid nothing for it.

Yes, I know. This is a serious "First world problem" but I'm really unsure of what to do here.

Get him another gift for the party and give him your free kindle fire "under" the table at a different time and location.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Get him another gift for the party and give him your free kindle fire "under" the table at a different time and location.
    I second this.

Also, tell him you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    I think this seems like a pretty good idea.

And if it turns out Apple can't get their shit together (Which would mean an unfortunate waste of $700 for me) I'll just get myself a Kindle Fire in January or something. They're much less expensive... so I could buy 3 for the price of one iPad.

Now I know why Apple lets you engrave your iPad for free... so you can't sell it on eBay.

I tried to buy a Kindle but Amazon wont bloody let me!

I tried from the UK one, the American one and even the German one. Apparently they won't send it to my country for some weird reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the Kindle Fire HD, despite owning and liking my Kindle Fire. I frankly do not want a scroll of "other people also purchased" information at the bottom of the home screen.

Frankly, I would look into a Nexus 7. The Kindle Fire HD is really only good for consumption of Amazon content.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2012-12-21 at 05:20 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-