Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What about those that had no choice in the matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What about those that had no choice in the matter?
    Obviously yes them to, I was thinking after the draft :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I feel most sorry for the poor bastards forced to serve, like in Vietnam. Ending conscription is the best move most first world countries have done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I feel most sorry for the poor bastards forced to serve, like in Vietnam. Ending conscription is the best move most first world countries have done.

Indeed, though I'm glad for our military now but conscription....sucks donkey balls.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure anything but i hope we do. I think its important to learn from them though because they have experienced so much compared to our generation.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Probably the same thing that happened after the Civil War. After that war, the Union soldiers were in this club/veterans organziation called the GAR, or Grand Army of the Republic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Army_of_the_Republic

The GAR reached its largest enrollment in 1890, with 490,000 members. It held an annual "National Encampment" every year from 1866 to 1949. At that final encampment in Indianapolis, Indiana, the few surviving members voted to retain the existing officers in place until the organization's dissolution; Theodore Penland of Oregon, the GAR's Commander at the time, was therefore its last. In 1956, after the death of the last member, Albert Woolson, the GAR was formally dissolved.

The GAR was a presence for about 80 years after the Civil War, then faded away. WWII vets should largely fade away by 2025.

Someone from WWII will be its version of Albert Woolson - the last veteran to die.
    http://localhistory.morrisville.edu/...t/woolson.html