Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know in previous games someone was outed as mafia because they had a tab open on their browser and took a screenshot for someone to show pm correspondence. I believe the only thing we are not allowed to do is use a SS or quote specific mod correspondence.

I believe Kumduh said at one point when he was modding that it was a choice of a quicktopic group to invite someone else to it, but i don't remember.

They may not allow it though as it might fall into the realm of quoting or screening mod correspondence (by explicitly showing your role).

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 10:52 AM ----------

Of course, don't take my word for it, just my thoughts on the idea. Also, in the realm that anything can be faked, so to can quicktopics.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Yo, Keleb/Krayzy!

Is it or is it not allowed to post screenshots from one's "special thread" to other players?
    E.g could lysah post screenshots from her cop thread? (I do not mean that I doubt the claim, I just want to know if it's possible)
    *sigh*

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we've found one Mafia then.

Oh and Lysah, lets try something:

Yo, Keleb/Krayzy!

Is it or is it not allowed to post screenshots from one's "special thread" to other players?
    E.g could lysah post screenshots from her cop thread? (I do not mean that I doubt the claim, I just want to know if it's possible)
    It's not allowed, taken from the OP:

Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by moderators in a PM as evidence is forbidden, this includes providing a link to your forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    If you're dead then stay dead. It is up to the alive players in the game to find their own answer. If Keleb (who posted 7 minutes before you did) or myself wanted to answer the question we would have.

Well, we've found one Mafia then.

Oh and Lysah, lets try something:

Yo, Keleb/Krayzy!

I have said that somewhere between page 1 and 20
    -keleb

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    -keleb
    This is the last warning!

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    -keleb
    I like this response best =)

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    If you're dead then stay dead. It is up to the alive players in the game to find their own answer. If Keleb (who posted 7 minutes before you did) or myself wanted to answer the question we would have.
    Mafia games is now F**king serious business.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Unvote Vote NFT

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Unvote Vote NFT
    Shoot now. Why's that?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I just wanna point out that this only says pm's (and should be modified to anything, including posts by mods in quicktopic threads) but says nothing about screenshotting specific parts of a quicktopic thread, such as one person's own posts and removing any and all evidence of a mod's posts. Now we could argue whether that is against the rules, but since it's not specifically stated....

Merry Christmas Vanilla, I'll be sparse today, so I have no idea when I can post.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    The games have always been serious, just not as much in the past, mostly b/c people didn't know how to play and just went with what they could guess at. It's more about getting people to reveal something that could get them to slip as a mafia more than being a goof. If you're not having fun with how it goes, maybe mafia games aren't for you :\ Or maybe you should look at them as how they're supposed to be: a game of clue brought to life mixed with team a vs team b instead of thinking it's just a big gathering of everyone who aren't supposed to find anything out. The games drag on enough as it is, if everyone acted like it was silly, like day one, the games would've ended long long ago.

Now, I honestly hate this "everyone claim by the 3rd or 4th day" thing b/c it's not as fun as trying to figure everything out. Why not just claim on day 1? There's no difference. Maybe it'll provide with some fun mafia counter claims, who knows, but no one ever fake claims b/c it means they'll get counter claimed by the real role(even a vt can do it) and it's just so flawed. I'd love it to go back to gameplay without LaL being the main objective and a focus on actual detective play, but I doubt it will go to that.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like this response best =)
    I agree whole heartedly.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I'd love it to go back to gameplay without LaL being the main objective and a focus on actual detective play, but I doubt it will go to that.
    Everyone has to post for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I just wanna point out that this only says pm's (and should be modified to anything, including posts by mods in quicktopic threads) but says nothing about screenshotting specific parts of a quicktopic thread, such as one person's own posts and removing any and all evidence of a mod's posts. Now we could argue whether that is against the rules, but since it's not specifically stated....
    That part was modified briefly to this game. Instead of just "includes" I should perhaps have written "includes but is not limited to" to make it more clear that it may be more than just what is exactly stated. There's a fine line there because one should also remember the last sentence of the General section. This is one example of why I'm not stating clearly what is forbidden and what is allowed. One should use ones own judgement but think carefully first.

For next game I'm considering completely rewriting the top post to make people actually read it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has to post for that to happen.
    I see where Worgenite is coming from but I completely agree with Lysah here. You can't ignore the fact that some people don't post all that much. It's somewhat of a strategy that can be used. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either. On day 3, you may end up with the choice of voting for an active player who is coming off scummy or seems to be connected with a dead scum, or to vote on the person who isn't talking at all. It's an easy out that scum can use to force the option of voting on the inactive player. These games would be completely different of there was more of a time zone balance than what we usually have. If a game is heavy east coast or Euro time zone players, then those players prime times will be a majority of the post times. The rest of the players will post during their available time, which will lead to stagnant posting. If I'm the only one online for 4 hours, who will I be responding to? I'll put out my big post to encompass everyone's questions, answers and theories, and then have to wait for everyone else to post again. Granted I haven't been called out on lurking in a while, I've never done it intentionally. I do feel like as the games go on longer, I post more because early game strategizing is nigh impossible. Middle to late is where the fun lies.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I think now is a time to roleclaim. I am the vigilante. I targeted the following:
    Night 1- Decagon because I didn't believe that he didn't know about the 12 day time limit, I thought he was just stalling for time so the mafia could win with a timeout.
    Night 2- Kisuro because he was being awfully quiet, I even stated I suspected him in the main thread to see if anyone would bite, but nobody did so I went with killing him that night instead. It would seem he got his kill in first and hit the bomb though. I was certainly surprised to see that bit of info.
    Night 3- I targeted Lysah because I figured if Listo was lying then she would have the protection of the doctor and she'd survive the hit, and if Listo was the doctor then I'd probably kill someone who fake claimed doctor to try and lure out the real doctor for lynching. I guess I was wrong here and there are probably two doctors, unless Santa gave Lysah a vest before he was killed night one.
    I chose to never go with a no kill because of the time limit, though realize now that at the speed we're going, that's really not necessary anymore.

The time zone issue is definitely a problem. Mafia wasn't meant to be played for weeks at a time, I don't think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also like to explain my absense these past couple of days (or reexplain). Day three started early because night ended early by several hours by my calculations. I didn't check up on here until close to when I figured the day should start at which point I saw that the day was almost over already. As nobody was really saying anything about me, I thought it'd be best to not draw mafia attention to myself by role claiming at that time, I figured Mafia would want me alive as a potential framing for a lynch, so I didn't think I was going to be nk'd. As for today, it's Christmas people, the day started while I was at my stepfather's family's place for Christmas breakfast.

edit: Some family members just arrived for the evening celebrations, I probably won't be able to post much in the next few hours.
    Last edited by Robozerim; 2012-12-25 at 09:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So we have the cop and vigi role claimed, as well as the second caroler. Lysah cleared me and Silkku both as town. That leaves Worgenite, Dyra and Treann as the remaining 2 or 3 mafia. I'm going to also assume Lysah's secret doctor is amongst those 3 names. Lysah's already got a vote on Treann (unless she removed it), and if I'm not mistaken we have no other votes.

Ideas?
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Unvote vote Robozerim
    I've been talking to a claimed vigilante who gave his kill targets in advance and you are not him, unfortunately.