Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Mafia - The End of the World

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!

General
    Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    Deleting posts is forbidden.
    Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by moderators in a PM as evidence is forbidden, this includes providing a link to your forum.

If no faction has won the game after 12 RL days from this post. Mafia will win.
    If a scum faction (mafia/SK) is slower than 8 hours to make their action, there's an increasing chance per hour one of them will be discovered.

Revelation of a dead players role will take place half a game day after death, i.e. Lynched targets will be revealed at dawn and NKed targets at dusk.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Day phase
    Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote. It is unofficially night once the last vote is placed and no one is allowed to post. Any posts made will be deleted. The day will go on until someone reaches the required number of votes for a lynch or the town decides to no-lynch. Timer for night will start as soon as the last vote is placed even if no mod is present to officially start night.

Put your decision in Bold Letters (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE" on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer] to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    A vote that is not bolded will not count. Both the word "vote" and the player name need to be bolded.

To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Worgenite
    If you feel that just pointing a finger isn't strong enough, you may use Hand of Suspicion; HoS: Worgenite

Night phase

Order of actions
    Santa Claus will do his stuff.
    Stuff will be done in the order they are sent to mod.

No players are allowed to discuss anything in the game thread (this thread) at this time (it's night, you're asleep!). Any posts made during this time will be deleted! Night (and the night timer) begins once the final vote is cast! The deadline for night will be 18 hours. If there's no mod to end the night in time, there'll be an intermission with neither night nor day. You may still discuss things in your faction threads.

Reminder of all roles that may or may not be in the game:
    Serial Killer
    -Cannibal
    -Vampire
    -Strongman
    -Ninja
    Mafia
    -Normal Goon
    -God Father
    -Mafia Role Cop
    Traitor
    Cop
    Doc
    Jack of all Trades
    Mason
    Vigilante
    Bomb
    PGO
    Innocent Child
    Restless Spirit
    Jail Keeper
    Medical Examiner
    Tracker
    Lookout

The exact description will be the same as it's been before or similar (there might be small changes). If you haven't played in a game with a certain role, ask your fellow townies what it means. The exact role will only be known by the player to get the role.

There is also a new role:
    Santa Claus
    Each night you may perform one ability.
    Ability: He knows you've been naughty - You may check a single player and see if they've committed a foul deed. Hammering (being the last to vote) and killing someone counts as a foul deed.
    Ability: Deliver gift - Each night you may deliver a small gift package to someone in the town. Each one player may only receive one gift. You cannot give a present to yourself. You have two of each gift. You may not gift the same kind of gift two nights in a row. The receiver of the gift may chose not to open the gift. Until the gift is opened, there is no effect and the receiver will not know what the gift is except when the gift is the gift of knowledge. The following gifts may be given:
    Bullet-proof vest - prevents a night kill.
    Steel collar - prevents being killed from one lynch.
    Explosive package - The package will explode killing the target if target performs any foul deed. If the target is the victim of a NK, the target and the killer will die. If the target is a bomb or PGO, both Santa and the target will die.
    Knowledge - You compile a list of all you have checked if they're naughty and also what presents you've given and to whom.

Alive players
    Dyra
    kel
    Lysah
    NightFury Treann
    rolo4804

Dead players
    Anakso - Bomb
    Decagon - Caroler (Mason)
    Elyaan - VT
    Kisuro - Mayan Mafia
    listo95 - Doc
    Majad - Traitor
    Robozerim - Mayan Mafia
    Silkku - ??
    The Dwarf Lover - Santa Claus
    Worer - God Father of Mayan Mafia
    Worgenite - ??

It is Christmas, if you feel you are obliged to log in and do your night action, you are playing this game wrong. It has been taken into consideration that you might not be able to perform your night action every night. Leave your computer, close your laptop, put your mobile phone back in your pocket and enjoy the company of family, friends or someone else instead if you rather do that.

There is no deadline for the day.
    Last edited by keleb; 2012-12-26 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote: Treann

Jk not playing, carry on
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insert obligatory REM - It's The End of the World

Deleted

Why can't the mafians and the citizens live together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello.
    And goodnight. I'm off to sleep, as I need to get up at 5am tomorrow.

In the meantime, is there a kind soul that would explain the following roles to me:
    God Father
    Mafia Role Cop
    Vigilante
    Innocent Child
    Restless Spirit
    Medical Examiner

Role PMs have yet to be sent out. They will be sent out within the next hour.

Deleted
    Guys guys, I think we should all roleclaim RIGHT NAUUU!!!

Ho ho ho...

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Hello.
    And goodnight. I'm off to sleep, as I need to get up at 5am tomorrow.

In the meantime, is there a kind soul that would explain the following roles to me:
    God Father
    Mafia Role Cop
    Vigilante
    Innocent Child
    Restless Spirit
    Medical Examiner
    Godfather is the "leader" of the mafia and has final say on night actions (helps the mods be able to get a conclusive decision). They are also sometimes used so that a Traitor can search them out at night in order to be converted. We have mostly gone away from the traitor part of it in recent games.

Mafia Role Cop is basically what it says. It is a mafia member who has the abilities of a cop, but instead of finding mafia he tries to find town members.

Vigilante is basically a SK, but is on the side of the town. He/she does not need to perform a night kill each night (it's often helpful if they don't).

An Innocent Child is a player who is mod-confirmed as Town-aligned at the start of the game. A common variant of this role gives the Innocent Child is not confirmed as Town-aligned until they send the moderator a PM telling them to do so. Thus, they can stay "undercover" until they need their innocence to be proven.

A Restless Spirit is a player who is allowed to Vote once after death. That vote is submitted through the mods because that player is not allowed to talk in game once dead. A player does not know they are a Restless Spirit until after they die.

A Medical Examiner is basically the same as the Journalist role from last game. They get to investigate one death each night and their report revealing how that person died will be posted the following morning.

Remember, one or more of these roles may or may not be in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't even got my role PM yet, so I am a Bomb.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Haven't even got my role PM yet, so I am a Bomb.
    I'm pretty sure you are a kitten.

guys im new here, I got a message saying im Serial killer, what does that mean?
    게임 은 어렵~~

If there's anyone that has yet to receive their role PM, I failed somewhere and you may feel free to PM me and curse me. It took some time to get the all out. I was a bit distracted by the TV

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy end of the world everyone! Hopefully it has been full of fire and zombies. Oh hello my partner in puppy rescuing helpfulness!

So the object of this game is to get lynched immediately right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are a kitten.
    Robokitty. Purring is to mask the ticking.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    So the object of this game is to get lynched immediately right?
    Whats a lynch?
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    Gonna go to sleep, I hope everyone will know his role untill the morning.

I now has a role.

So.. what do we do now?

Hurry to the night so I can be of use!