Poll: Is the Universe infinite or finite?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    When we get a big enough telescope, the universe will figure out if it is finite or infinite.
    What?

If there is no end we don't call it "infinite", otherwise we would be calling it now and making these statements.

If we get a big enough telescope and there is still no end then obviously we need a even bigger telescope.

Also telescopes in this thread don't make any sense.

Deleted
    It's finite, but practically infinite since it expands faster than anything could reach its border.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranica View Post
    False in almost any suitably rigorous sense. I direct you to Wikipedia's article on cardinality.
    That's maths. Cantor's set theory don't really have anything to do with physics.

Or are you referring to something else?

Deleted

Post You are absolutley right, and I can give you the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I believe it to be both. An infinitely expanding finite closed system. What I mean by that is you can't go past the the 'bubble wall', or the outer edge if you were to suddenly be transported there, into the medium the universe is expanding into but the expansion of the closed system is infinite (no 'big crunch' point). That is my layman's opinion at least.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:02 PM ----------

I.e the stuff inside the universe is finite (energy and the likes) but the expansion (empty space/distance between things) will tend towards infinity.
    I wanted just to say that you are "right". But you thinked a little reversed. Its not really finite or normal infinite. But its special infinity. Special infinity got no limitation in existence but it has limitation in size. The big bang is wrong because Universe got no start. If you want to help me spread this theory which I try hard then would I tank you. Look at my picture of Universe with black background at;

www dot invinsibleforce dot com (describe special infinity) you must understand black stars, black hole is wrong, its stars thats imploding.

Well if you can't understand I thank you for been reading this at least.

Check my equation of an infinity core. The entire Universe is the special infinity reactionchain who is "finite" in size.

talk with me on skype; karate-martin at hot mali dot com