Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did you see the regular 3d or the HFR?

I saw it in HFR, and let me tell you, it sucks in the first row. But my friend who sat a few rows back said it looked amazing.

Also, if the movie is too dark, its fake 3D. Before you go see a 3d movie, you should always look up if it was shot in 3d or if it was added after it was finished.

Deleted
    Saw The Hobbit in 3D last week, and personally, I loved it. Was the first 3D movie I've seen and it blew my mind right away. Once I got used to the glasses I didn't even notice them, I was totally immersed in the movie. I should point out though that our cinema upgraded their 3D tech to some really top of the line stuff about a month ago.

I can totally understand why some would like to see movies in 2D, since some get headaches and stuff from the 3D. I'm blessed in the sense that I didn't get it I guess.

-edit-

I should add that I saw it in HFR mode, and I sat at the back-row, might have done improved my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So I decided to see The Hobbit in 3D. I've never seen a movie in 3D before. I must say I don't think 3D was that impressive.
    The Hobbit is special, because every OTHER movie I've seen with 3D have had tons of scenes and shots purely intended to remind the viewer that he/she is watching 3D. Peter Jackson didn't do that, so the 3D was kinda just there, instead of the obnoxious INYOURFACE-3D other movies have gone for.

Generally, though, I consider it a gimmick. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't make me enjoy bad movies more, but it doesn't take anything away either, that I can see.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tadin View Post
    Did you see the regular 3d or the HFR?

I saw it in HFR, and let me tell you, it sucks in the first row. But my friend who sat a few rows back said it looked amazing.

Also, if the movie is too dark, its fake 3D. Before you go see a 3d movie, you should always look up if it was shot in 3d or if it was added after it was finished.
    What is the difference? I didn't know there was different kind of 3Ds. real D 3D is what was advertised on my cup and during the previews. So I guess that is the version I saw.. I don't know. lol

Resident Evil 5 was great in 3D

If you sit in the middle of the theater 3D can be sublime. The hobbit was the greatest 3D I've seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    If you sit in the middle of the theater 3D can be sublime.
    This is probably why it's better used in a home environment, you can set the parameters of the 3D to fit the room and your own preference, a theater needs to compromise those settings to accommodate everyone as good as they can. It also has a lot to do with how the director uses the technology if it's enjoyable or to much in your face just because it's available.