Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gangnam Style - 1 Billion Views!

The infamous Gangnam Style has now hit 1 Billion views!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 | http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20812870

This is the first video on YouTube to every hit the record number!

15+ Year Old Account
    The pure frustration i feel that people are still milking this just makes me feel worse for Psy, knowing that he's never going to be able to achieve anything of the same level again.

This is history in the making

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The pure frustration i feel that people are still milking this just makes me feel worse for Psy, knowing that he's never going to be able to achieve anything of the same level again.
    Why would he need too? Despite the fact it'll will bring in a ton of cash now, while it is popular, he still intends to release other singles. Anyway, this really is a moment in Internet History, the first 1 Billion views on YouTube.

I'm pretty sure he is very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ohhhh, is that why the logo changed to the one in the OP? I wondered what that was for lol
    Yup. The video itself also has the animation next to the video view.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Over-played and annoying song but hey, congrats to the man!
    Overplayed yes, but geez it is a good song. Makes me so happy listening to it.

Still haven't seen it. No desire either.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Yes, I feel so bad for Psy since his video is the first video to ever hit 1 billion views and he might never release a better song again... I mean, god that must suck to make millions of dollars for a single song and to have people around the globe (who don't even speak the language the song is in) to listen to it... a lot.

I also feel bad for Michael Jordan knowing that most people consider him the greatest basketball player of all time and he will never be able to achieve anything of the same level again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Its a song - don't you listen to the radio?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Yes, I feel so bad for Psy since his video is the first video to ever hit 1 billion views and he might never release a better song again... I mean, god that must suck to make millions of dollars for a single song and to have people around the globe (who don't even speak the language the song is in) to listen to it... a lot.
    Find me a single artist that would rather be known as a one hit wonder than having a long successful career.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its a song - don't you listen to the radio?
    Apparently not, its all over the radio and the net.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Why not? It is hardly going to hurt your pride to listen to a song once...

So this is how the world ends.

Plenty of musicians have one hit wonders. It's nothing new.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, really I am...ok not really...this has to be done.

Want a longer answer?

Lets see, the internet is still an emergent product, masses more people gain access to it on a daily basis so activity across the entire thing will go up so getting excited about an arbitrary number is silly.

Asian pop stars have been making just this same kind of rap/pop ripoff of American entertainment for yeeeeears. There are entire libraries of exactly the same crap as is in this video. It isn't like its even decently entertaining, if anything we should all be face-palming the fact that the first video to hit 1 billion views is basically a car wreck that no one seems to be able to stop watching.

But really....

Who

The HELL

CARES?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Plenty of musicians have one hit wonders. It's nothing new.
    PSY is fairly famous in korea

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    But really....

Who

The HELL

CARES?!
    you do, apparently.

I don't really care for Psy, and am not THAT big into the song itself, but the video does make me smile. The elevator scene just cracks me up every time. Everyone has a friend or knows someone that fits into that description and it's easy to relate to, making it even more funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all the parodies and references to it that bothers me more than the view count.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post

Who

The HELL

CARES?!
    A video reaching 1 Billion views (The same amount as 1/7th of our planets population) on the largest video media sharing website known to man is a pretty important point when it comes to the "emergent product" that you spoke about.

There are thousands of videos out there that deserve more views and more popularity, but for whatever reason this song stole the spotlight. What is interesting though is it demonstrates just how popular Video & Music still is on the Internet. Many companies who use the internet still fail to engage their customers and potential clients with Video.

Not all of them can make something as popular of course, but this is pretty important in many aspects. Then again, you could see it as nothing more then a silly music video, and just accept that achieving a Billion views is still a pretty impressive feat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    A video reaching 1 Billion views (The same amount as 1/7th of our planets population) on the largest video media sharing website known to man is a pretty important point when it comes to the "emergent product" that you spoke about.
    1 Billion, how how many of these are legit, unique views? Probably half.
    -K