View Poll Results: Should It Be Allowed To Transmo White Items?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not

    44 68.75%
  • No, I don't like it

    20 31.25%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,676

    Why Can't We Transmo White Items?

    I honestly wonder why. There's so many of them that look really good. Of course they can put restrictions on some of them like seasonal garb or silly outfits, but for the most part, there's a lot of white gear and even white sets that look pretty good. A lot of the weapons aren't too bad either. So...why not? Anybody else think this needs to change?

  2. #2
    Epic! schwank05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sanborn, MN
    Posts
    1,680
    I don't feel there should ab any restrictions other than the type of armor, and weapon type. They should just let us transmog anything we want and be done with it, who cares how silly someone looks if that is the way they want to look so be it.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    426
    I think they don't want people running around with really stupid items.

    I understand you said they could put restrictions on specific items, but that would probably take more resources than they care to spend right now. They've probably just found it easier to ban all white items so far.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I don't feel there should ab any restrictions other than the type of armor, and weapon type. They should just let us transmog anything we want and be done with it, who cares how silly someone looks if that is the way they want to look so be it.
    Well I wouldn't go that far with it, I mean I don't want to be at the last raid boss of the game or something and have some moron show up dressed like Santa Claus wielding a fish and a wine glass. That would kind of take away from the experience. I'm talking about things like you buy from vendors, starting zone kind of stuff (which I admit isn't that great, but somebody might want to use it, never know) especially the Worgen starting clothing which is amazing for all classes, there can be special vendors that sell stuff like Formal Dangui or whatever it was that's huge prices and really hard to get. They could a lot more layers to the game that way and put some more stuff to do/depth in there with the transmo feature if we were allowed to use white gear.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    I really don't understand why they restrict silly stuff like that, if someone wants to wear some white/grey set I don't see why they shouldn't be able to, greens are practically the exact same thing. Obviously transmogging things to santa suits and fish/fishing poles or whatever is a little too far. And they need to make it so you can transmog your weapon to whatever you can use, instead of just 2h mace/2h mace, it really doesn't matter at all.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  6. #6
    They already restrict green and higher items that they feel are inappropriate, so they could EASILY do the same for white items. I think clothing ones with no classification probably still wouldn't work because there would be no category for them, but for example sandals. There aren't any sandals a horde character can use but the alliance already gets them as green items. So since those are allowed for transmog, how could allowing the identical white item be bad?

    I've started a webcomic. Updates Sporadically. Last update 9/4

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I really don't understand why they restrict silly stuff like that, if someone wants to wear some white/grey set I don't see why they shouldn't be able to, greens are practically the exact same thing. Obviously transmogging things to santa suits and fish/fishing poles or whatever is a little too far. And they need to make it so you can transmog your weapon to whatever you can use, instead of just 2h mace/2h mace, it really doesn't matter at all.
    They restrict silly stuff, because this game should have some sort of 'epic' feel to it. You can wear all that dumb crap while running around; but there is no reason at all why you would fight a 20 story dragon with a fish and a farmer's hat. C'mon.... really? You say yourself that "santa suits and fish fishing poles are too far" but also say "I don't understand why they restrict stuff like that".

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I really don't understand why they restrict silly stuff like that, if someone wants to wear some white/grey set I don't see why they shouldn't be able to, greens are practically the exact same thing. Obviously transmogging things to santa suits and fish/fishing poles or whatever is a little too far. And they need to make it so you can transmog your weapon to whatever you can use, instead of just 2h mace/2h mace, it really doesn't matter at all.
    What would be wrong with transmogging to the santa clothes? They look great! =) And if it's because they are too revealing, there are already plate sets that are more revealing than that. Take this chest for example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=10845#modelviewer:10+1

    All in all there are already silly looking gear and weapons that are allowed, so if some rogue wishes to stab me with a fish, why the hell not? If Blizzard felt it was ok to use it at its current level, it's ok at any level in my book.

    Also, to anyone who dislikes silly things, take another look at the game. You can fight as a Gnome Warrior and tank huge dragons, infernals and who knows what else, who really should be able to just squish the Gnome flat... If that isn't silly I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Chaozu; 2012-12-20 at 11:14 PM.

  9. #9
    What white items are we talking about? Because there's a lot of green classic and BC sets with similar if not the same looks.

  10. #10
    Blizz already stated that items being xmogged already takes something away from spotting peoples achievements by not recognizing their level by their gear. To allow Grey and White items would add more levels of "silliness" to the process and is currently not necessary.

    Also, if you find an item you like and put it on wowhead, there is a "Same Model As" tab that lets you see the green and blue gear that looks just like it to xmog (when available). Some things, like winter wardrobe, or other holiday gear should not be xmoggable. JMO.

  11. #11
    Of course that at least objects of white quality should be possible to transmodify. In fact, purely aesthetic objects designed only to copy their model should be white-quality (actually, most of aesthetic objects that are sold by NPCs are of white-quality). The excuse that Blizzard puts is that there are some white-quality items that have not appropriate models... For the love of God, limit only those cases! but not all of them!

    In my humble opinion, most transmodification restrictions should be abolished, if not all. We have to have complete freedom to alter the appearance of our character! We should be able to copy the appearance of any object that we can equip!

    And as an own suggestion, I would like that the off-hand items could be transmodified in main hand or two-handed weapons and vice versa. That could lead to interesting combinations ...

    Let take a practical example, imagine that I want to equip myself with a Kirin Tor style, and for so, I would need the following items, which, with the existing restrictions, are impossible to transmodify nowadays:

    Head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44647
    Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=5110
    Main hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638
    Off-hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44655

    But I'm afraid we can only dream ...
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-12-21 at 06:39 PM.


  12. #12
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Of course that at least objects of white quality should be possible to transmodify. In fact, purely aesthetic objects designed only to copy their model should be white-quality (actually, most of aesthetic objects that are sold by NPCs are of white-quality). The excuse that Blizzard puts is that there are some white-quality items that have not appropriate models... For the love of God, limit only those cases! but not all of them!

    In my humble opinion, most transmodification restrictions should be abolished, if not all. We have to have complete freedom to alter the appearance of our character! We should be able to copy the appearance of any object that we can equip!

    And as an own suggestion, I would like that the off-hand items could be transmodified in main hand or two-handed weapons and vice versa. That could lead to interesting combinations ...

    Let take a practical example, imagine that I want to equip myself with a Kirin Tor style, and for so, I would need the following items, which, with the existing restrictions, are impossible to transmodify nowadays:

    Head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44647
    Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=5110
    Main hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638
    Off-hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44655

    But I'm afraid we can only dream ...
    You ever think to click on the "same model as" button? All but the chest have another item with the same model you can transmog from.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,970
    If you honestly wonder why, here's a perfectly acceptable answer for the same question. I totally agree with this blue post.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...allow-players/

  14. #14
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    They restrict silly stuff, because this game should have some sort of 'epic' feel to it. You can wear all that dumb crap while running around; but there is no reason at all why you would fight a 20 story dragon with a fish and a farmer's hat. C'mon.... really? You say yourself that "santa suits and fish fishing poles are too far" but also say "I don't understand why they restrict stuff like that".
    "Silly stuff like THAT" that, being in reference to white items. Comprehend.

    Speaking of fighting a dragon in a farmer's hat, hey look, a farmer's hat, http://www.wowhead.com/item=90896/straw-hat , hey look, pimp hats, http://www.wowhead.com/item=25680/stylin-purple-hat . Calm down.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I honestly wonder why. There's so many of them that look really good. Of course they can put restrictions on some of them like seasonal garb or silly outfits, but for the most part, there's a lot of white gear and even white sets that look pretty good. A lot of the weapons aren't too bad either. So...why not? Anybody else think this needs to change?
    I think the amount of white is the issue. If they add white gear to the transmog list then they have to add almost all of it. White gear probably out numbers all other gear colors.

  16. #16
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,842
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    "Silly stuff like THAT" that, being in reference to white items. Comprehend.

    Speaking of fighting a dragon in a farmer's hat, hey look, a farmer's hat, http://www.wowhead.com/item=90896/straw-hat , hey look, pimp hats, http://www.wowhead.com/item=25680/stylin-purple-hat . Calm down.

    You do know that straw hat is a white item and can't be transmogged right?

    **EDIT**
    Reading comments says it can be transmogged even though it is white.

  17. #17
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    You do know that straw hat is a white item and can't be transmogged right?
    You do know that it can be, right? Think.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  18. #18
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,842
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    You do know that it can be, right? Think.
    You do know normally white items are not suppose to be transmogged right? I was thinking, what I didn't do was check that item. If you reread my post I corrected it before you posted.

  19. #19
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    You do know normally white items are not suppose to be transmogged right? I was thinking, what I didn't do was check that item. If you reread my post I corrected it before you posted.
    Sure you did champ, that's why when I quoted it that's what came up, nice try, but you didn't know what you were saying and now you're s keying as fast as you can. Calm down, you don't have to prove your worth to me sir.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Blizz already stated that items being xmogged already takes something away from spotting peoples achievements by not recognizing their level by their gear. To allow Grey and White items would add more levels of "silliness" to the process and is currently not necessary.

    Also, if you find an item you like and put it on wowhead, there is a "Same Model As" tab that lets you see the green and blue gear that looks just like it to xmog (when available). Some things, like winter wardrobe, or other holiday gear should not be xmoggable. JMO.
    What about this set? http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...7;33263:10+1:0

    You will find some of the items have a green item with the same model, but not all of them. So it's impossible to get the entire set.

    Also why shouldn't it be possible to transmog the holiday gear? Wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to use it now that it's actually current and all?

    Especially considering you can transmog other holiday gear, such as the Halloween helmet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •