Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    you dont know how 5.2 raid will look like so if we have alot of switch fights it might be usefull if not i dont see myself using it ever
    Looking for the first boss fight that you can use it:
    Stone guards - Popping mines
    Feng : dropping flames
    Gara : /shrug
    Spirit kings : Avoiding Flanking / Annihilate
    Elagon : Dropping stacks quicker
    Will : already answered.

There's a fairly good use for it on every fight in MV, and there's still possible uses in HoF. So i wouldn't call it bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    you dont know how 5.2 raid will look like so if we have alot of switch fights it might be usefull if not i dont see myself using it ever
    And neither do you, and you are shouting all over the place that the Blade Flurry change will completely break everything and the world is going to end because of it. I think in current tier it has some uses. And you are allowed to think in this tier the Blade Flurry change is too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Hit and Run most likely shares tree with step so we wont use it, but it does look cool.

What I wonder though, is which talent Marked for Death replaces?!?!?!?
    It replaces Versatility. Doubt many people take it over Anticipation, though. Anticipation is just too big of a quality of life improvement to give up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    It replaces Versatility. Doubt many people take it over Anticipation, though. Anticipation is just too big of a quality of life improvement to give up.
    Really? No one will take it, just like no one took Versatility. Versatility was better then "Marked for Death" i think, could redirect stun every 20seconds.

Shuriken Toss is also pretty insane now. Auto attacks at range + 40-50k crits? We're a ranged class now..

Deleted
    Really? No one will take it, just like no one took Versatility. Versatility was better then "Marked for Death" i think, could redirect stun every 20seconds.

Shuriken Toss is also pretty insane now. Auto attacks at range + 40-50k crits? We're a ranged class now..
    Unless Anticipation becomes baseline i see no reason why anyone wouldn't take Anticipation.

On regards to BF, always hoped BF got to proc poisons, although it can be vary strong effect, it could be a reason the 25% nerf
    or maybe they messed up on the tool tips /crossfingers

also on Shuriken Toss, can the auto attacks also proc poisons?
    Last edited by Astinos; 2012-12-22 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lulz at the BF nerf. Combat will be just like any other Rogue spec, Single Target tunneler choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit and Run most likely shares tree with step so we wont use it, but it does look cool.

What I wonder though, is which talent Marked for Death replaces?!?!?!?
    100% chance it replaces Versatility. It serves the same purpose and doesn't make Redirect redundant as it is.

Essentially, it adds a second redirect with the same cooldown that generates combo points (doesn't require them on the target!) and resets when the target dies.

Money says Marked for Death totally replaces Redirect.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Baseline prep is the best news I have EVER heard for the class. This will fix us in pvp, combined with our mobility tier actually being a goddamned mobility tier.

Marked for Death will replace versatility, a junk talent. Anticipation is currently a dps increase if you can sit on a target. Marked for Death will be the go-to thing for adds- if you will have adds that die, you walk up to each one and press MfD (don't sweat your existing combo points, this is BETTER). Then you do your thing, add dies, POOF new Marked for Death. MfD also offers you single target damage- I would guess less than anticipation, which saves you more than 5 combo points per minute.

Hit and Run looks AMAZING. It doesn't appear to have a range, and is very much like the mage alter time (someone even mentioned recently how we should have a cool thing like that). That plus the burst of speed buff will really give us a lot more tricks in pvp. This is going to be a sweet class to play.

Baseline prep, greatest thing ever! This patch should be stupendous!

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Baseline prep is the best news I have EVER heard for the class. This will fix us in pvp, combined with our mobility tier actually being a goddamned mobility tier.
    Am I the only one who would have preferred them to shift rogues away from being so cooldown reliant in PvP, rather than make them even mores?

We aren't any more cooldown reliant than on live, though. Right now you just get sat on and die anyway. This is definitely the ideal buff.

We aren't any more cooldown reliant than on live, though. Right now you just get sat on and die anyway. This is definitely the ideal buff.
    I guess what I should have said is, anyone else wish they made rogues less cooldown reliant instead of adding more cooldowns?

I really don't think this is the ideal buff. They should have removed prep and made up for it in other areas.

Nothing could make up for the loss of prep. Nothing.

I'm sure some people wish that rogues were just unkillable or whatever passively. But having prep without giving up shs doesn't make us more cooldown reliant- it makes us more mobile. It was a stupid choice before. "Would you like a sword, or an arm to wield it with?"

finaly the lv 90 talents will be interesting for pvp. Marked for death burst (specially sub) or shuriken toss ranged attack for magical uptime!

Nothing could make up for the loss of prep. Nothing.

I'm sure some people wish that rogues were just unkillable or whatever passively. But having prep without giving up shs doesn't make us more cooldown reliant- it makes us more mobile. It was a stupid choice before. "Would you like a sword, or an arm to wield it with?"
    Nothing could make up a loss for prep? Many rogues don't even use prep right now.

What if rogues got a new passive, say, 20% speed boost and snares/roots are 75% less effective while above 80% energy? Would that make up for prep?

And if not, what if most defense cooldowns had a lower cd? I just really don't like being balanced around a 5 minute cooldown ability. Which we now have baseline, so we'll be balanced around it now.

Nothing could make up a loss for prep? Many rogues don't even use prep right now.
    That's only because there aren't many rogues right now at all. Look at our class heroes, they all specced arms this patch.

Nothing can make up for the loss of prep. The rogues that don't spec it are taking shadowstep. That's a ludicrous choice, because it's our only gap closer. I mean, sure, if you put it on a tier with eviscerate, yea, rogues will take eviscerate. Or shadowstep. You need those buttons to do your job. But no, nothing would make up for the loss of prep. Shadowstep and Burst on live don't make up for the loss of prep. You just are forced to take them (almost always step).

It will be EXCELLENT as baseline. I'm stupendously excited for this patch.

Which we now have baseline, so we'll be balanced around it now.
    You were balanced around it before. Look at our rep man.

Also, you know what? Burst looks really bad every time I look at it. Maybe it plays better than it sounds. Right now I take it versus some mage comps. I really liked having a scissors because those mages got nothing but paper nova for miles.
    Last edited by Verain; 2012-12-22 at 06:06 AM.

I also don't like having prep. Maybe it's a leftover feeling from vanilla, but I don't like being a god with prep up but toast with it on cooldown.

Good thing you aren't a god with prep up!

Hopefully they fixed the toast thing.