Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation [Patch 5.2] Rogues changes Build 16408

Preparation is now a baseline ability learned at level 68.
    Versatility has been removed.
    New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death
    Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.
    New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger
    Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.
    Burst of Speed now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy), can be used in Stealth, and always grants increased movement speed in addition to breaking snare effects, but no longer breaks root effects.
    Shuriken Toss now causes the Rogue to throw shuriken instead of autoattacking for 10 seconds after Shuriken Toss is used.
    Deadly Throw can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4, and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively (was 5 combo points and 6 seconds).
    Nerve Strike now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 25%.
    Shadow Focus now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%).
    PvP set bonuses have been changed:
    Vigor is now the 4 piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 50 (was 10).
    Deadly Brew is now the 2 piece set bonus, and its effects remain unchanged.
    Combat
    Vitality now increases attack power by 30% (was 25%).
    Blade Flurry now deals 75% less damage.
    Subtlety
    Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%).
    Last edited by Boricha; 2012-12-22 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does this mean combat rogues will be useless post-5.2?

idk why they dicided to nerf BF thats just retarded
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    So does this mean combat rogues will be useless post-5.2?
    wasnt combat already useless???

Hit and Run and Marked for Death? Merry Christmas indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    lol a 75% dmg nerf to Blade Flurry, that can't be final.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    wasnt combat already useless???
    all the guys who like playing combat are fucked now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    all the guys who like playing combat are fucked now
    5 % more attackpower, huge buff.

The cleave will be very weak now, but single target will be almost 5 % stronger .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post

The cleave will be very weak now, but single target will be almost 5 % stronger .

XD!! the only reason most people used to play Combat was for the Cleave, now that they nerf it there's no fucking reason to play Combat at all

Deleted
    Marked for Death looks good.

Seriously disappointed. Deadly throw will still never be used. Shadowstep is still the only option on the tier. Burst of Speed still only good against mages. Hit and run not a gap closer. Prep being baseline is nice but not enough.

Still boring as fuck.

okay my rogue has 40k ap unbuffed with the 5% more i have 42k unbuffed how much of a difference is this compared to the BF nerf ? my attacks still hit like wet noodles i guess the want us combat specced rogues to play mutilate

Hit and Run looked neat but actually seems really useless. What use is it getting into range if I'm just going to be teleported back across the map after 10 seconds? Can't give up Shadowstep for that.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Hit and Run looked neat but actually seems really useless. What use is it getting into range if I'm just going to be teleported back across the map after 10 seconds? Can't give up Shadowstep for that.
    i predict no one is going to pick this shitty talent its bad for rogues to actualy get away from your target if you could port back and forth like some classes already do monks warlocks i would pick it over shs but a timer of 10 seconds is just plain retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i predict no one is going to pick this shitty talent its bad for rogues to actualy get away from your target if you could port back and forth like some classes already do monks warlocks i would pick it over shs but a timer of 10 seconds is just plain retarded
    Well it is the first build so I'm sure it will be tweaked since its brand new.

Huge? Please, a 75% nerf to BF will make the spec totally useless. This won't make it to the final patch, but if it does I demand a 500% dmg increase to FoK since the skill fucking sucks.

Is that a baseline Preparation???

It looks like Prep was replaced with Hit and Run, and Versatility with Marked for Death?
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2012-12-22 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Is that a baseline Preparation???

It looks like Prep was replaced with Hit and Run, and Versatility with Marked for Death?
    yes, yes, and yes

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 09:30 PM ----------

We have had the discussion about whether we're buffing rogues too much in 5.2.
    - Ghostcrawler (LOL)

so basicly prep got replaced with another shit talent most used in pvp or not and versa with crap ass talent mostly used in pvp so we gonna have 2 pvp talents in lvl 90 tier i dont see myself using mark for death in pve in any situation since i consider anticipation more powerfull

Oh look, shiny new things that don't really solve anything instead of changes we've been begging for since beta.

Color me surprised.