Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They changed it so Frostbolt isn't affected by the debuff.

Sorry, I did read that wrong. But on the plus side, that is a fairly decent buff to Frostbolt damage, it's around 7-8% increase even with losing the 15% debuff.

Deleted
    Deep Freeze Spells which benefit from Shatter will break this effect.
    eehhh.... yeah, right. o.O

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    Sorry, I did read that wrong. But on the plus side, that is a fairly decent buff to Frostbolt damage, it's around 7-8% increase even with losing the 15% debuff.
    8% if I'm not wrong, yeah. They removed frostbolt's ramp up time, likely as a PVP concern. The deep freeze change reinforces this, it looks like they want to push it back to frostbolt+lance for shatter off DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    8% if I'm not wrong, yeah. They removed frostbolt's ramp up time, likely as a PVP concern. The deep freeze change reinforces this, it looks like they want to push it back to frostbolt+lance for shatter off DF.
    A nice quality of life change for PvE Frost as well, I like it.

You guys are missing a lot of the more subtle nerfs. Look at the base mana cost of Arcane Blast. Fire got absolutely raped and then forced to go to a Bieber concert. CM nerf, Inferno Blast Glyph doesn't effect bombs and only spreads fire spells to 1target?! Good thing these are very preliminary dataming results or I'd be flippin my shit right now

Edit: oops looks like I read inferno blast wrong. Glyph spreads the effects to 4 total targets
    Last edited by Methusula; 2012-12-22 at 02:31 AM.

If this is any indication of the direction they want to go with mages, it's time for me to start preparing to reroll. The pvp changes are fucking crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    You guys are missing a lot of the more subtle nerfs. Look at the base mana cost of Arcane Blast. Fire got absolutely raped and then forced to go to a Bieber concert. CM nerf, Inferno Blast Glyph doesn't effect bombs and only spreads fire spells to 1target?! Good thing these are very preliminary dataming results or I'd be flippin my shit right now

The mana cost increase of AB is incredibly small, it's quite inconsequential really.

Hold on until Blizzard puts out the PTR, I don't think those are fire nerfs, but rather buffs to be honest. I'd put down money to say any change to CM is a tooltip change, and that they wanted to make the Inferno Blast Glyph fire only, so they just baked the original glyph into the spell itself.

I don't PvP much if at all, I won't make any comment on how those changes will affect that, but they don't look all that pleasing.

The buff to Arcane was through 5.1. It's just tooltip stuff.

Frostbolt gets a nice scaling buff, but loses it's 15% benefit from its own stacking buff... Not sure if buff or nerf.

Deep Freeze now breaks on one attack. Bam. Mages can no longer PvP. Good fucking job, Blizzard.

The changes to Blazing Speed and Cold Snap changes nothing really. People still won't use either in PvE (and Blazing Speed will simply never be used, regardless).

Would love to know why L90 talents weren't affected at all (except for the 25% mana regen nerf to RoP). These definitely aren't complete unless Ghostcrawler is a fucking liar. (Remember when he admitted there were issues with them?)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-12-22 at 02:34 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The intent in nerfing Glyph of Fire Blast is obvious; they must think it had too much synergy for Fire mages using Living Bomb, preventing the other 2 bombs from being a choice. I'm really sad to see it go though. I thought "spreading" living bombs that used the original's explosion time was an interesting alternative to casting new ones at full duration.

Mana cost is slightly increased. BUT what none seems to mention/notice is that the mana cost is increased by 75% per charge down from 125%... Which is just HUGE deal...

Edit: oops looks like I read inferno blast wrong. Glyph spreads the effects to 4 total targets
    Actually no, it says that Inferno Blast spreads TO three targets (meaning 3 + IB'd target). Glyph brings this number to FIVE total targets (4 + IB'd target). CM isn't actually being touched if you looked at the tooltip. The words typed were horribly wrong. Tooltip is still showing 50% old to 30% new (which is actually live, so this is just a tooltip fix)

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post
    Mana cost is slightly increased. BUT what none seems to mention/notice is that the mana cost is increased by 75% per charge down from 125%... Which is just HUGE deal...
    That's because it's just a tooltip change. This made it to 5.1 and if you've been arcane, you've had it since. It's in NO WAY a buff, but rather, you're just getting nerfed due to RoP and Scorch mana nerfs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Anyone who didn't see Scorch weaving dying with this patch was kidding themselves, Blizzard don't support non-standard rotations that math out better than their predicted ones.
    They've nerfed the mana cost of AB to compensate, might even end up doing more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    The intent in nerfing Glyph of Fire Blast is obvious; they must think it had too much synergy for Fire mages using Living Bomb, preventing the other 2 bombs from being a choice. I'm really sad to see it go though. I thought "spreading" living bombs that used the original's explosion time was an interesting alternative to casting new ones at full duration.
    I agree with both points. They should have just made the glyph interaction better with the other bombs. But of course, the easy way was to nerf it.

Also, does the Deep Freeze nerf completely ruin Frost for PvP, effectively removing Mages from doing PvP? We don't have any time to cast Frostbolt in PvP. What are they expecting us to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Actually no, it says that Inferno Blast spreads TO three targets (meaning 3 + IB'd target). Glyph brings this number to FIVE total targets (4 + IB'd target). CM isn't actually being touched if you looked at the tooltip. The words typed were horribly wrong. Tooltip is still showing 50% old to 30% new (which is actually live, so this is just a tooltip fix)[COLOR.
    So you quote what I said in disagreement, and then say the same thing in a different way? Since you can't SPREAD something to a target that already has it, it SPREADS to 4 targets. The total targets with affected would be 5 as you pointed out needlessly.

So you quote what I said in disagreement, and then say the same thing in a different way? Since you can't SPREAD something to a target that already has it, it SPREADS to 4 targets. The total targets with affected would be 5 as you pointed out needlessly.
    *Coughs* didn't see that edit there. I'm kinda tired, sorry

Also, does the Deep Freeze nerf completely ruin Frost for PvP, effectively removing Mages from doing PvP? We don't have any time to cast Frostbolt in PvP. What are they expecting us to do?
    This one has me stumped. It would never make it through PTR without more PvP changes to balance it out without causing several thousand people to instantly unsubscribe.

That's because it's just a tooltip change. This made it to 5.1 and if you've been arcane, you've had it since. It's in NO WAY a buff, but rather, you're just getting nerfed due to RoP and Scorch mana nerfs.
    Meh.. Thx for the clarification.. It's definetly a nerf of course.. I'm frost actually, and will remain so it seems!

*Coughs* didn't see that edit there. I'm kinda tired, sorry
    Tis k. I do that all the time.

So am i understanding the shatter nerf that if you have a frost bomb on a target and deep freeze them to make sure it crits, the frost bomb will crit and break the deep freeze because of the new shatter mechanic? Instead of being able to deep freeze, ensuring a bomb crit and having a fb lance combo benefiting from shatter like currently?