Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    The most ironic thing of them all is that Blizz was trying so hard to make us clear stacks with ABarr. But with the latest change to invocation, we will be clearing stacks with Evo We just keep refusing to press that ABarr button!!
    Eh, all they have to do to fix that is ensure that burning to 0 mana either does less damage or has some other tangible downside over actually using your mastery and having to clear stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    The most ironic thing of them all is that Blizz was trying so hard to make us clear stacks with ABarr. But with the latest change to invocation, we will be clearing stacks with Evo We just keep refusing to press that ABarr button!!
    They just add to reverse the things: make Evoc regen less at full stack so you will have to clear it with ABarr before. No quite a good play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    For pve at least I actually think the change to freeze is a nice qol improvement.

After spending quite a few hours wiping in lfr it is rather nice to not have to use it all the time and the change to frostbolt is just so good. Frostbolt just never felt like it did anything until now.

I have spent quite a bit of time using freeze during fights trying to work out what it works on but thats just part of learning the fights and it should get better with experience.

I am a bit concerned about wasting FoF procs as the increased proc rate and the increased randomness seems to make it hard to dump the charges quick enough especially since we still have to ramp up the frostbolt debuff to get the most damage from ice lance.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    In fact, the first thing to do in a fight will be to stack FB's debuff to 3 before using CD, especially Frozen Orb.
    I bean to change my Alter Time rotation a little to this:
    debuff = 3
    1. FoFx2 + BF -> IV/AT
    2. IL > FFb > IL > FB > Frozen Bomb
    3. IL > FFb > IL > FB
    4. Frozen Orb
    With something slike that, I have gain 20k dps on my first burst phase. (130k -> 150k instant dps)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Invocation regenerates more mana for Arcane mages though
    yeah i got that too...and i also had it in mind while posting. the thing is, they nerf it for arcane only and then ADD another mechanic to compensate for it and dealing with the damage inbalance. so from my point of view, its the same thing as the step with "down to 4 charges and no cd on invocation".

in general, it's not about the invocation nerf for arcane (which is kinda compensated by 10%*1.25*Arcane Charges), but its the FACT that they did it.

there is no talent that is weaker if you chose frost or fire. LB/Ice Bomb both benefit the spec with same element, but e.g. there is no slow on blazing speed cuz you're a damn chilled frostmage, or no effect on ice barrier just because you constantly throw fireballs through it. there are many talents that benefit from certain specs, but afaik there's no talent that's actually weakened for a certain one. even if it's the same or more regenerated mana, if you chose invocation as your t6 talent, it will add a new mechanic to your gameplay(dropping stack), in addition to evo->invo itself. this is not the case for frost or fire, or the other both t6 talents. that's the same as if water elemental would explode when you pop up incanters ward...or not beeing able to cast combustion while in rune of power...not in terms of trololololity but in principle -.-

but there is a special case for arcane when it comes to invocation. because appearently, blizzard is not able to keep the balance otherwise. and that is basically my point. it's probably just one of the easiest solutions (yeah jumping to conclusions -.- ), i think this change is just something they have come up with earlier...and now it's beeing tested for real because time's running out and there are no other/just worse ideas left.
    it just doesn't feel right.
    or maybe i'm asking too much if i want a decent change for arcane. so much hate it makes one sick :>
    Last edited by mmoc303677997c; 2013-02-11 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They've already said they don't want people evocating every 20 seconds so if that's what they see on the PTR they're going to change it again
    Then they will have to do more changes, because with the increased mana cost, what else is invocation arcane gonna do? It will be haste stack, and burn->evo->burn->evo. Barrage will not be used at all and you'll go through the mana pool in 15-25 seconds depending on missile procs.

There is no mana management involved in this at all though, which they seem to want for arcane.

Deleted
    arcane in ptr is quite dumb, evo each ~15-20seg, even the scorch rotation is more fun than this. Blizzard does not what the fuck is doing u_u. Using ABarr rotation keeping mana high is a lot of dps loss in comparation with the burn/evo rotation. just nonsense
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-02-11 at 11:19 AM.

I wonder which happens first: PTR ends or arcane gets sorted. Sort of feel that since these "solutions" to arcane are not converging in any way but more out of the field ideas get thrown in now with nearly comical results so I guess it will be the former and Blizz will just simply run out of time to fix arcane the way they want it before 5.2. God knows what it will end up as :P A rotation without ABarr, just don't see it going live, but do they have anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    It will be haste stack, and burn->evo->burn->evo. Barrage will not be used at all and you'll go through the mana pool in 15-25 seconds depending on missile procs.
    There is no mana management involved in this at all though, which they seem to want for arcane.
    Mana Management might be how long you choose your burn phase to be...
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    Mana Management might be how long you choose your burn phase to be...
    But you'd need a bunch of mastery before your third blast at full mana catches up with your fourth blast (first or second simply cant). With +50% damage per stack, I just don't see it happening. Blasts with 4-stack at 10% mana will be a higher dps than a blast with 3-stack at 100%, right?

I don't see why you'd ever want to start over until you absolutely have to.

But since the current ptr version also makes you never ever want to use arcane barrage (as invocation), it wouldn't be surprising to see changes before it goes live.

The problem I see is them trying to find a way for us to use ABarr with Invo. Sadly, it's not going to happen.

The only way we can is if they completely change the L90 talent tier, something I doubt many would be upset about (since, y'know, most of us have been ASKING for that since beta...)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Lol at 5.2 arcane design. What a mess!
    It'd be way easier:
    1) delete current lvl 90 talents
    OR
    2) remove mana part of said talents AND buff abarr to be worth casting
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2013-02-11 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    Lol at 5.2 arcane design. What a mess!
    Seriously. It really shows that they aren't trying atm.

1) delete current lvl 90 talents
    Which is what everyone's BEGGING for, but they won't admit to the failure that is the Mage "Ultimate" tier. That, however, would require effort, something which Blizzard doesn't do too often with class balancing/design mid-way through an expansion (or even during a beta apparently since we all gave negative feedback about it...)

2) remove mana part of said talents AND buff abarr to be worth casting
    What more could they really do to ABarr without making it OP in PvP though?

The only thing I can think of is making it deal 100% damage per stack, but overall does half damage on players/pets/PvP-related-shit (if they're going to modify Frost Bomb like that, why not ABarr?)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Seriously. It really shows that they aren't trying atm.

Which is what everyone's BEGGING for, but they won't admit to the failure that is the Mage "Ultimate" tier. That, however, would require effort, something which Blizzard doesn't do too often with class balancing/design mid-way through an expansion (or even during a beta apparently since we all gave negative feedback about it...)

What more could they really do to ABarr without making it OP in PvP though?

The only thing I can think of is making it deal 100% damage per stack, but overall does half damage on players/pets/PvP-related-shit (if they're going to modify Frost Bomb like that, why not ABarr?)
    Make abar buff other spells, maybe next ablasts or abar gives arcane only buff (be it mana , dmg w/e)

Make abar buff other spells, maybe next ablasts or abar gives arcane only buff (be it mana , dmg w/e)
    Making it give a buff/mana would actually be pretty cool!

Also, with only 2 weeks left, my optimism has just completely faded. They aren't anywhere close to having Arcane and Frost ready... Fire's only ready once we pick up those 522s.

Deleted
    Making it give a buff/mana would actually be pretty cool!

Also, with only 2 weeks left, my optimism has just completely faded. They aren't anywhere close to having Arcane and Frost ready... Fire's only ready once we pick up those 522s.

There as been no date announced yet, is it ? 2 weeks seems early if they haven't annouced anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    There as been no date announced yet, is it ? 2 weeks seems early if they haven't annouced anything.
    Go look at the front page. I'm extremely disappointed with this news because we're going to get FUCKED over hardcore. They're going to pull another knee-jerk nerf/buff shortly after 5.2 launches if they don't get this right soon. Frost still isn't ready and Arcane is in a giant pile of crap.

Deleted
    Go look at the front page. I'm extremely disappointed with this news because we're going to get FUCKED over hardcore. They're going to pull another knee-jerk nerf/buff shortly after 5.2 launches if they don't get this right soon. Frost still isn't ready and Arcane is in a giant pile of crap.
    Woops, just seen it. Son, im disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Woops, just seen it. Son, im disappoint.
    Ikr?

I seriously expect to see a hotfix the friday of patch week that does something to vastly change Mage DPS, and it'll go through 100% untested.

*sighs*

Deleted
    Ikr?

I seriously expect to see a hotfix the friday of patch week that does something to vastly change Mage DPS, and it'll go through 100% untested.

*sighs*
    Just tweeted GC, he almost always replied so we'll know, he's good.

I think we'll probably be fixed the first two weeks of 5.2, PTR build isnt good atm, they won't have time to do something.