Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    LB/Ice Bomb both benefit the spec with same element
    No they don't, in fact NT is the best bomb for Frost right now.
    You actually named the one talent tier that does have specific caveats depending on which spec you are, like the varying Brain Freeze proc chance on the living bomb tier that you just mentioned yourself.

Talents have more specific effects for specs if they would have a deeper impact on the rotation than the spell would for other specs.
    I do actually think that mana should be removed entirely from the level 90 tier, but while that isn't the case then it makes no sense to leave it identical for all three specs when Arcane mages use mana as an important mechanic and the other two do not, if that will also lead to the Arcane rotation being made more uninteresting.
    And it would be! You'd evocate even more frequently if it was capped at 60%!

They better have an amazing internal build of arcane is all I'm going to say. Otherwise Arcane is coming out extremely unbalanced one way or the other at this point I'd almost suggest they sweep arcane under the rug and buff fire up a bit while they actually get their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    They better have an amazing internal build of arcane is all I'm going to say. Otherwise Arcane is coming out extremely unbalanced one way or the other at this point I'd almost suggest they sweep arcane under the rug and buff fire up a bit while they actually get their shit together.
    We should always expect the worst when it comes to blizz and mages.. I mean so many miss steps, 5.1 combustion buff? 5.1 arcane buff when arcane mages were already doing 6 charge stacking in 5.0? Terribly unfriendly t6 talents which are being addressed now rather than 4 months ago? Blazing speed in t2 talents? IW still being near unusable for half of the PvE fights out there?

Their internal testing for mages clearly ain't working, and somehow they are missing all the key data from PTR and Beta. Now maybe am a bit childish on some of my points, but hell the game should be fun, not annoying to a point that you take a talent that ticks you wrong the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ikr?

I seriously expect to see a hotfix the friday of patch week that does something to vastly change Mage DPS, and it'll go through 100% untested.

*sighs*
    You should quote this post and your previous one on wow forums that way when it actually happens, and it will, you can say i told you so. Maybe someone important will take notice? one can hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    You hear so much "sky is falling" talk on the mage forums because it actually is. When they nerf mages, they don't just tune down the spec. They drive a fucking stake through its heart.

Mages are absolutely in shambles they are the MOST un-fun ranged dps to play at the current state of the game and i just wish the developers would understand that the worst part is the stupid lv 90 talents. They are TOO important to our dps. They require TOO much babysitting. Not to mention i hate the direction they are doing with us and slashing our mobility more and more. I do not want to plant my feet i want to be able to move and dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Mages are absolutely in shambles they are the MOST un-fun ranged dps to play at the current state of the game and i just wish the developers would understand that the worst part is the stupid lv 90 talents. They are TOO important to our dps. They require TOO much babysitting. Not to mention i hate the direction they are doing with us and slashing our mobility more and more. I do not want to plant my feet i want to be able to move and dps.
    I agree on that lvl 90 Talent part. And I also want to add the weak AoE on Fire and Arcane for Challenge Mode dungeons. It's really painful you are forced to play Frost in order to maximize trash damage....

And I also have a lvl 90 Death Knight Alt, so I'm just curious how come DK's lvl 90 talents are MEANINGLESS for DPS and Mages talents are totally the opposite side of it? As you say, the babysitting is insane, if you do not pay attention to your lvl 90 spell, you won't be doing good DPS ever. And Warlocks have passive abilities..... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    I agree on that lvl 90 Talent part. And I also want to add the weak AoE on Fire and Arcane for Challenge Mode dungeons. It's really painful you are forced to play Frost in order to maximize trash damage....

And I also have a lvl 90 Death Knight Alt, so I'm just curious how come DK's lvl 90 talents are MEANINGLESS for DPS and Mages talents are totally the opposite side of it? As you say, the babysitting is insane, if you do not pay attention to your lvl 90 spell, you won't be doing good DPS ever. And Warlocks have passive abilities..... seriously.
    And Fire Blast Glyph removal is further weakening our already barely-existent aoe t.t
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

And with the patch coming in two weeks I hope Blizzard has a miracle up their sleeves or the Arcane mage is going to be a completely broken spec at the start of this raid tier.

Deleted
    Just had a big test with mates on PTR till now (server restart). Arcane is weird to play now with 4 stacks and Invocation (without resetting stacks). Damage is still quite nice, but I was evocating every ~20s. Mastery with Rune is slightly ahead Haste/Invocation.

Then I had a few parses with frost ~20k behind arcane/invocation on dummies and huge mana issues. Needed to evocate with frost every ~40s. Dunno how Blizzard can explain themselves a launch in 2 weeks!

Deleted
    Still doing ~10% more dps on PTR with Haste/Invo than on live with RoP/Haste or Invo/Haste.
    Have to evo every 15 seconds, thats not fun at all...

Why can't they just lower damage but make us more mobile so that we end up doing the same dps but with so much more QoL ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Just had a big test with mates on PTR till now (server restart). Arcane is weird to play now with 4 stacks and Invocation (without resetting stacks). Damage is still quite nice, but I was evocating every ~20s. Mastery with Rune is slightly ahead Haste/Invocation.

Then I had a few parses with frost ~20k behind arcane/invocation on dummies and huge mana issues. Needed to evocate with frost every ~40s. Dunno how Blizzard can explain themselves a launch in 2 weeks!
    I did something similar, but with Arcane then fire.

With Rune/Mastery build I was doing quite okay(damage-wise) - although getting 4 stacks and clearing, maybe casting an extra AB then clearing, mana dependant, felt wierd and not right tbh.

Did some messing about with Fire, it was around 20k behind Arcane. I also tried out Crit > Haste > Mastery and then Crit > Mastery > Haste just 'cos I was bored. Results was very similar (should anyone be interested) All of it was rough testing though just to get a feel for things so take it for what it is.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Mages atm - something just isn't quite right and I can't put my finger on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... isn't it still the 100% mana regen reduction on the PTR that is accidental? I don't understand why you're bothering testing stuff with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    But... isn't it still the 100% mana regen reduction on the PTR that is accidental? I don't understand why you're bothering testing stuff with it.
    What mana regen reduction? Don't think I've heard of it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Still doing ~10% more dps on PTR with Haste/Invo than on live with RoP/Haste or Invo/Haste.
    Have to evo every 15 seconds, thats not fun at all...

Why can't they just lower damage but make us more mobile so that we end up doing the same dps but with so much more QoL ?
    Oh dear So I'm not the only one who doesn't like the lvl 90 talents much. Evo every 15 sec for what like 4sec? No chance to make dmg at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    When not clearing stacks your mana goes down so fast i'm guessing it'll be barely noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by mountandpetlover View Post
    Oh dear So I'm not the only one who doesn't like the lvl 90 talents much. Evo every 15 sec for what like 4sec? No chance to make dmg at all.
    Well at full haste/frost armor on PTR the invo cast is really fast, less than 2 seconds, but its just not fun to channel a spell every 15 seconds, it just doesnt make any sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    When not clearing stacks your mana goes down so fast i'm guessing it'll be barely noticeable.

Well at full haste/frost armor on PTR the invo cast is really fast, less than 2 seconds, but its just not fun to channel a spell every 15 seconds, it just doesnt make any sense
    2 sec. or 4 sec. - but it probably feels stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cmon don't make me log into the PTR, I've just been downloading the updates and never pressed play so far...

From what we know, Invocation on the PTR currently makes your mana regen reduced by 100% which is an accident and should be fixed in the next PTR build (restored to 50% as it should be). Unless there's been an update which I missed.

Deleted
    I think it's been fixed. When I tried Invo with fire the other day. I was at around 30-40% (I think, possibly more) mana by the time it ran out

10+ Year Old Account
    The Invocation glitch came up on Saturday.

Deleted
    I went on, Friday morning. Would most likely be the reason I didn't notice it!