Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thought is that Arcane can never work fully or properly with Haste as the primary stat. The entire spec is (in theory) based around our Mastery and this is I believe a unique dps thing in WoW. Specs which similarly depend on Mastery for their functionality are Protection Paladins and Protection Warriors.

If we are to abandon Mastery as the main stat, then the entire spec design becomes irrelevant. And please, let's not start yet another discussion on the topic of "but it's already irrelevant because...". While we don't have lots of functionality in terms of *active* mana management other than Blast control, the spec is designed around staying at near-max mana levels because of our Mastery.

The pure Haste builds have been working in 5.1 because the mana cost of our spells was severely reduced and that is now being changed for 5.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Don't scorch me for this as I don't play a mage, but try to keep up with it since my wife plays one and is hardcore arcane, but could this be a way of forcing arcane into a primarily haste build with low mastery so your dps was not scaling so hard with your mana?

It seems like it is an over the top nerf, but could it be offset by pure speed?
    Nothing can offset Arcane doing literally 50% less damage than the rest, even an atonement disc priest will do more after those latest changes.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    An interesting development.

According to this post that was just made by GC 15 mins ago, it seems like there are massive buffs coming for almost all classes.

While not directly mage related, I do think this is telling. It seems like the massive buffs to other classes coupled with the Arcane nerf could mean the 'hypothesis' of Arcane's demise is actually looking a LOT more likely now.

What I do find interesting, is that there is no mention of Affliction nerfs. So it seems a lot of other specs are being brought up by a very significant margin, Affliction is being left where it is, Arcane is (as we can see) being nerfed hard.

I'm not quite sure wtf is going on at Blizz HQ, but I think the interns might have taken over. Either that, or there is some timewarp effect that has sent me to April 1st.
    buffing cm to 1.5 scaling again on april 1st >_>

but yea with the changes to other classes we will most likely be below average on dps.......noooooooooooooo
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL, that gotta be a joke! As if Hunters and SPriests weren't already OP enough as it is. And Mages being the only class left out of buffs? By now Arcane would need a +100% buff across the board to bring it back in line with Hunters and Warlocks.
    Um did you seriously say that spriests are overpowered? I hope you're not talking about in pve... They are one of the worst dps at the moment..

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the official patch notes, the latest Arcane nerfs are the only Arcane nerfs, not cumulative to last week's salvo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:19 AM ----------

Additionally, I will be locking this thread and personally start a new one a minute after the lock here. I'll post the current notes there and it will make it easier for new forum posters and everyone to continue our discussion points there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Um did you seriously say that spriests are overpowered? I hope you're not talking about in pve... They are one of the worst dps at the moment..
    I was talking about their state on the PTR after they got several massive buffs during the last few weeks already.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Why would you come into a thread that has 5.2 in the title and comment on how they are at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Why would you come into a thread that has 5.2 in the title and comment on how they are at the moment?
    I fail to see where these massive buffs to shadow are in the notes. I think they need a lot more help than what theyve gotten.