Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    was lookin in teh patch notes

Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 15% (was 25%) for Destruction Warlocks and 35% (was 50%) for Affliction Warlocks. In addition, it now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.

back to 35% for aff or miss-typed?
    The official patch notes sometimes take a bit of time to catch up to the datamined ones.

Deleted
    yeah, the way it often goes, is first patch comes and then the hotfix patch comes where they fix tooltips and bugs.

Deleted
    How about Seed of Corruption hit range? Will it remain at 15 yards. No mention in the official patch notes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloui View Post
    How about Seed of Corruption hit range? Will it remain at 15 yards. No mention in the official patch notes
    No, that was brought back too, to 10 yards. I think it might be in the OP of this thread where you can find it.

Deleted
    any news on shadowburn and if it's still bugged to not return 2 embers for killing blow?

Deleted
    from what ive heard, shadowburn got a nerf but they are keeping the 2 embers return on a kill. i dont know if the nerf to shadowburn is intented tho, there has been no mention of it, so they might have nerfed it with the 2 embers thing in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    any news on shadowburn and if it's still bugged to not return 2 embers for killing blow?
    PTR isn't the actual release client, very often bug fixes aren't applied on PTR, but are fixed once the patch goes live. I guess it's just not worth them fixing some stuff twice over, so I presume it's something they haven't reverted because it's not something that's going to be changed on Live (and if there's a risk reverting it could cause other issues on PTR, then it's definitely not worth messing with).

Deleted
    You give me some hope Jessicka

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going through this thread, I've yet to see anyone mention Troll Racial and how it would affect GoSac Aff and GoSup Aff, or even GoSac Demo for that matter, on Beast type encounters. I would imagine that GoSac would be superior to the other grimoires for those encounters since the pet does not receive the 5% damage bonus? Or would the Troll racial additional damage bonus not offset the DPS gain of pets?

I just love the way affly works on panda :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenicka View Post
    I just love the way affly works on panda :P
    you are a priest so yes u are happy atm :/
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Do you think uninterupptable instant cast spells are fine to use while moving? All castable spells while moving today does is give you bit more damage and utility while making you vulnerable to interuppts. You could make a lot of instants have a cast time if everyone could cast and move and perhaps decrease range in pvp or something.

I don't really care either way personally, but I don't see how it would be so terrible with a bit of design rework (other than losing some of the cast/instant/movement contrast, which I really like, and there would have to be some new interesting mechanic for casters in PVE to pay attention to if maximizing movement will be gone)
    Making such a change would require a complete rework of the game's basic mechanics. PvP is already a shitstorm because a reworked talent system, can you imagine how many abilities they'd have to change if say frost mages could cast while moving permanently? Casting while moving makes a huge difference, however the game is currently too screwed up for anybody to realize. You could follow opponents LoSing you, give yourself those extra 0.5 sec to avoid getting interrupted by that melee charging at you, etc...

To Biruta: Yes casting while moving is nice in GW2, but if you'd want to fully implement that in WoW then there'd have to be once again lots of major changes. Basically all casters getting their escape tools down to Destruction's level, if not less.

Is there anyone who did a good amount of testing on the PTR that could give a quick rundown of what spec they think is best for each given fight? I am specifically very curious to fight out which fights have adds that will refresh embers/shard on death. Thanks in advance

Deleted
    I can't tell which spec is best on each fight but as for the ember/shard gains :
    - Horridon : Everything
    - Council : Everything
    - Tortos : Bats : yes; Turtles : don't die
    - Megaera : Wyrms in HM : yes; Heads : yes (I think ?)
    - Ji-Kun : Eggs / Birds : yes
    - Durumu : ?
    - Primordius : I was getting my Ember back on most of the adds, but it can bug out
    - Dark Animus : no test on this one
    - Iron Qon : perhaps for each mount ?
    - Twin Consorts : On the small adds I guess ?
    - Lei Shen : I only did 10N, I think it worked on everything

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I can't tell which spec is best on each fight but as for the ember/shard gains :
    - Horridon : Everything
    - Council : Everything
    - Tortos : Bats : yes; Turtles : don't die
    - Megaera : Wyrms in HM : yes; Heads : yes (I think ?)
    - Ji-Kun : Eggs / Birds : yes
    - Durumu : ?
    - Primordius : I was getting my Ember back on most of the adds, but it can bug out
    - Dark Animus : no test on this one
    - Iron Qon : perhaps for each mount ?
    - Twin Consorts : On the small adds I guess ?
    - Lei Shen : I only did 10N, I think it worked on everything
    How is destruction on Primordius with mannoroths? Seed of Corruption doesn't work, does F&B?

Deleted
    It depends of the strat you do I think, and where you place the boss. Obviously with the FnB nerf this is much less powerful than before, but depending of the paths of the adds you could AoE them.
    It was a bit sad after the awesomeness that was FnB in 5.0/5.1

Destro could play the role of add finisher on this fight, as the multidotters will... multidot everything that moves and slowly kill them as they crawl towards the boss, a Destro guy could AoE & exec them before they come too close, and allowing melees to stack without having to go too far away.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-04 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Is there anyone who did a good amount of testing on the PTR that could give a quick rundown of what spec they think is best for each given fight? I am specifically very curious to fight out which fights have adds that will refresh embers/shard on death. Thanks in advance
    well from the numbers provided in this thread shows the specs to be very close but i cant say if those numbers are accurate or not, what i cant tell you is that it does seem like you can get shards back from killing most adds in boss encounters atleast, so that is a good thing and from what ive seen in traherne's stream when he was streaming his ptr hc testing at ilvl 537 gear, it certainly showed that affliction and demo is performing quite well at that ilvl, didnt see any1 being destro tho, so i cant say about that.

New patch notes don't seem to mention the 35% buff to Haunt and Affy GrimSac is still at 35% instead of 30%. Also Glyph of UA seems mandatory which was something I thought Blizzard was trying to move away from. A lot of buffs to Demonology as well, I look forward to learning Demo again if it comes out on top

Deleted
    Did anybody test demo on horridon? How do pets/fellguards do with regards to sand/poison pools and the boss cleaves? Just wondering if they will die easilystanding in them whilst aoeing or whether afflic sac maybe the way to go.

On the method 10 video sparkuggz topped as affliction but unsure at what point of the ptr balance stage it was at

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Also Glyph of UA seems mandatory which was something I thought Blizzard was trying to move away from.
    It has been said before, but Glyph of UA doesn't bring anything new to Affliction: albeit the cast time is reduced, the GCD is unchanged. The cast time is equal to the GCD, and both go down at the same rate with Haste.

It is a 0 DPS improvement in PvE, and is only intended for PvP purposes where GCD concerns are second to actually finishing that cast before being Kicked.