1. #221
    yes. warlock now is the tank in area. As a warlock in pvp, i used to fKing by two guys(DK、warrior、rouge...)
    i hate this..byby warlock.
    i will back my rouge and kill evey warlock i can meet..
    FK you blz. you destory us in one patch!
    why you NOT nerf forst bome?
    JUST BECAUSE MAGE AND ROUGE IS THE CORE FOR THIS GAME?

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    Actually quite like this idea, chaos bolt has to be worth it's ember cost, else we'd just save them for heals surely :3
    well it would solve the chaos bolt problem but I don't know that it would be a popular change. it would need to be reduced in damage enough so that it wasn't worth taking for PvE, maybe 75% damage, or even 66% damage. its strength would lie in the ability to actually be able to cast it in PvP and do so 2-3 times at once to stack the debuff and score a kill.

    not like this change would ever happen but I think it seems like a good way to fix Destro PvP.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hitlinbo View Post
    yes. warlock now is the tank in area. As a warlock in pvp, i used to fKing by two guys(DK、warrior、rouge...)
    i hate this..byby warlock.
    i will back my rouge and kill evey warlock i can meet..
    FK you blz. you destory us in one patch!
    why you NOT nerf forst bome?
    JUST BECAUSE MAGE AND ROUGE IS THE CORE FOR THIS GAME?
    Frost Bomb already got hotfixed, top end Mages take Nether Tempest instead now, apparently.

  3. #223
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    As we guessed, nerfs to GoSac for demo and affli. Reduce to 20-45% damage increase from original 25-50%

    Also:

    Glyph of Drain Life Increases the healing of your Drain Life by 30%.
    Glyph of Ember Tap Increases the healing of your Ember Tap by 50%.

    Does this mean that 4 shards and embers will become baseline?
    GoSac needed nerfed for affliction. It wasn't even an option to use the others. And yes, we get 4 shards. The glyph of soul shards was pretty stupid. Who the hell isn't going to use it?

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You single out Warriors, when Demo can do something similar with Axe Toss, GoServ Axe Toss, Shadowfury, and Carrion Swarm; there is just fuck all you can do on the receiving end of that with all the DPS being put out at the same time.
    the only example of a class using consecutive CC's that DR each other like these I can think of would be Frost Mage a couple of seasons ago when they added Ring of Frost to the Polymorph (??) DR school. FMages could still use a DRed Sheep as part of a CC chain. as it stands, you wouldn't ever waste these stuns consecutively.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Really, such a large gap between Affliction and ANY other spell in the game? Number one spec you say?

    http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

    Yes, I can tell how OP it is by how Arcane dumps all over its chest. Oh and Frost is MILES behind Affliction with that 1.1% difference.
    Yes because there are so many patchwerk fights.. try adding in some movement or adds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    No it won't Zinnin.

    Everyone always says "Wait for more notes, it's not live yet" when really, we know, history has shown that all that happens is what's given with one hand is always taken away with the other.

    The nerf to destruction (via gosac), without compensation elsewhere, will remain as it is and will not change in this PTR cycle.

    Pessimistic? No, just going by history.
    Remember ISF? How about that 15 second cooldown on Devour Magic that has yet to change?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 10:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    the only example of a class using consecutive CC's that DR each other like these I can think of would be Frost Mage a couple of seasons ago when they added Ring of Frost to the Polymorph (??) DR school. FMages could still use a DRed Sheep as part of a CC chain. as it stands, you wouldn't ever waste these stuns consecutively.
    I guess her point still stands with Coil, Axe Toss, GoServ Spell Lock/Petswitch Felhunter and Carrion Swarm. But anyways it's basically pointless to take the time to use a petswitch and Carrion Swarm due to the lack of reward seeing as everything is instant...

    Also, really like the idea of glyphed Chaos Bolt.
    Destruction cataclysm arena video

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    the only example of a class using consecutive CC's that DR each other like these I can think of would be Frost Mage a couple of seasons ago when they added Ring of Frost to the Polymorph (??) DR school. FMages could still use a DRed Sheep as part of a CC chain. as it stands, you wouldn't ever waste these stuns consecutively.
    Sub in the Shadowfury of Mortal Coil. Same effect, different DR.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Just figured I'd drop the napkin math here for Ember Tap pre and post glyph, if anyone is interested. x is your current level of mastery (42,39% is written as 1,4239 for instance) and h is how much you will be healed for.
    Pre glyph:
    16,5*x=h

    Post glyph:
    24,75*x=h

    A 40% heal (post glyph) will require around 61,62% mastery, a 45% heal will require around 81,82% mastery.
    Please bear in mind these numbers are reduced by 30% in a pvp environment (Battle Fatigue) and by 47.5% everytime a mortal strike effect comes into play.
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2012-12-25 at 04:19 AM.

  9. #229
    There comes to a idea: We don't need blood fear at all,so please delete it completely.
    I very miss shadowflame,why not let it back:
    shawdowflame(new)60talent: YOu palce a shadowfalm front of you and damage them 6s(little damage),and the enemy who is affected by 3seconds will be knocked back 15yards, 12s cooldown and 10% health cost.
    Glyph of shawdowflame: 60% slow down

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    There comes to a idea: We don't need blood fear at all,so please delete it completely.
    I very miss shadowflame,why not let it back:
    shawdowflame(new)60talent: YOu palce a shadowfalm front of you and damage them 6s(little damage),and the enemy who is affected by 3seconds will be knocked back 15yards, 12s cooldown and 10% health cost.
    Glyph of shawdowflame: 60% slow down
    No, no health costs. Problem is that every time we get a penalty for an ability but it ends up weaker than other classes. Why should get the same effect as a druid's spell while you sacrifice 10% of your health? If there is a cost, then the ability should be "OP" (as in better than what others have). Although I really miss Shadowflame, it won't be enough to compensate. But we do somewhat need it.
    Destruction cataclysm arena video

  11. #231
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    No, no health costs. Problem is that every time we get a penalty for an ability but it ends up weaker than other classes. Why should get the same effect as a druid's spell while you sacrifice 10% of your health? If there is a cost, then the ability should be "OP" (as in better than what others have). Although I really miss Shadowflame, it won't be enough to compensate. But we do somewhat need it.
    The thing is, the ability given works pretty much like Carrion Swarm, which I think is a bit of an odd-ball. I do miss the old shadowflame also though, a lot, it really felt like a warlock signature spell. The "new version" in HOG just doesn't feel the same.

  12. #232
    Warchief Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    2,147
    Also preferred the old HoG, and the old Chaos Bolt. The "new" Blood Fear to me is just a shitty version of HoT, with a healthcost and higher CD, plus no control over it. Yes it may have charges, but perhaps melee can just wait for this very predictable buff to wear out.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    There comes to a idea: We don't need blood fear at all,so please delete it completely.
    I very miss shadowflame,why not let it back:
    shawdowflame(new)60talent: YOu palce a shadowfalm front of you and damage them 6s(little damage),and the enemy who is affected by 3seconds will be knocked back 15yards, 12s cooldown and 10% health cost.
    Glyph of shawdowflame: 60% slow down
    Problem with shadowflame was that it required melee range and was part of warlock dps rotation, blizzard even nerfed other spells to compensate for the fact that we do dmg with shadowflame in melee range. Personally i dont want to see this spell again, warlocks are ranged not melees.

  14. #234
    Warchief Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    2,147
    That isn't necessarily true. We're cloth tanks, so we do some damage at close range. Demo more than the other two specs. Even mages, a squishier class, use Cone of Cold. You're right, however, I'd rather SF, were it to return, did not become rotational.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Also preferred the old HoG, and the old Chaos Bolt. The "new" Blood Fear to me is just a shitty version of HoT, with a healthcost and higher CD, plus no control over it. Yes it may have charges, but perhaps melee can just wait for this very predictable buff to wear out.
    How old? CB hasn't been "good" since Wrath, even then I'm talking very relatively. Last expansion it was a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    That isn't necessarily true. We're cloth tanks, so we do some damage at close range. Demo more than the other two specs. Even mage, a squishier class, use Cone of Cold. You're right, however, I'd rather SF, were it to return, did not become rotational.
    This just isnt true at all anymore, Demo does no extra damage at close range. In fact with all its mobility and gap openers it has no reason or excuse to be tanking anything.

  16. #236
    Does the Grim of Sac nerf for Destruction makes sense to any of you guys? With nothing in return?

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Does the Grim of Sac nerf for Destruction makes sense to any of you guys? With nothing in return?
    Making sense and blizzard "balancing" very seldom goes together. Welcome to wow!

  18. #238
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    It makes sense that they nerf the talent because it was (and will still be ?) the best choice for PvE on every encounter; but we are now waiting for the compensation, especially since the spec was already considered by many as the inferior one for PvE.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It makes sense that they nerf the talent because it was (and will still be ?) the best choice for PvE on every encounter; but we are now waiting for the compensation, especially since the spec was already considered by many as the inferior one for PvE.
    Thats why it doesn´t make sense. If Destro locks are already inferior, and still they want us to use another talent, then the logical thing to do is to buff some other talents if they want us to use them.

    Unless they give us something good in return, this is just stupid.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Thats why it doesn´t make sense. If Destro locks are already inferior, and still they want us to use another talent, then the logical thing to do is to buff some other talents if they want us to use them.

    Unless they give us something good in return, this is just stupid.
    Especially as GOSupremacy is the strongest talent for single target, GOSac is only situationally good which is what they wanted so I just don't understand why they nerfed it for destro, it was strong for Afflic yes, but why destro?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •