Hm, that sounds odd.

For everyone who is asking about Affliction vs Demonology for Single target, it probably comes down to what you're good at. Later on, however... Affliction will pull ahead once Sac becomes viable again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Hm, that sounds odd.
    Yea it does but it is intened, so stupid and unneeded.

I have checked the bug database and I see that this was reported as a bug already by other players, but the response from the developers was that this is an intended change and Glyph of Nightmares no longer provides water walking while on Felsteed or Dreadsteed in battlegrounds.
    from my ticket.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Dang it. -.-

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't want to come across as some lazy bum, I really cannot be bothered to backtrack through the previous 131 pages of this thread to figure out the answer to my upcoming question, which is: Is Destro completely off the table as a viable spec (compared to Demo, Affli and other classes' specs)? Or is its overall performance boosted to such an extent to make it better compared to other classes/specs in previous patches?

Edit: I never used GoSac (and probably never will), and the general opinion seems to be that that talent has taken the brunt of the so called nerfhammer. Does this mean nothing but buffs for Destro?
    Last edited by Torian101; 2013-03-06 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian101 View Post
    While I don't want to come across as some lazy bum, I really cannot be bothered to backtrack through the previous 131 pages of this thread to figure out the answer to my upcoming question, which is: Is Destro completely off the table as a viable spec (compared to Demo, Affli and other classes' specs)? Or is its overall performance boosted to such an extent to make it better compared to other classes/specs in previous patches?

Edit: I never used GoSac (and probably never will), and the general opinion seems to be that that talent has taken the brunt of the so called nerfhammer. Does this mean nothing but buffs for Destro?
    For your playstyle, yes. Only nerf was to the area of effect of Fire and Brimstone. That is now a 10 yard radius instaed of a 15 one, which hurts AoE somewhat.

While the overall buffs to Demo were probably better and Affliction is fine while using a pet now Destro is still prefectly viable, and not Cata Frost mage bad or something. From the little anecdotale evidence I've heard Destro was even more then fine.

Could be intentional since other water-walking effects were disabled a while ago.
    This wasn't in the official patch notes but it was on the PTR for a while I think, I believe it was intentional.

Also, killed first two bosses last night, 25m, and made progress on Council. Was around 5th in damage done on Jin'rokh, could've done a little better but also only got targeted by lightning orb once. Was second or third on Horridon at the end of the fourth set of adds before I got caught channeling an orb right next to a totem, so didn't get to participate in the burn phase. Was top on our best Council attempt. This was all as Aff GoSup. Needless to say, Horridon and Council heavily favor Aff due to the ridiculous multidot potential.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been testing my gear with sup and with full reforging haste on mostly mastery gear its pulling ahead of my sac build by around 6k dps, on a plus note after using all three pets for single tgt testing the difference is literally nothing, so seems i'll be accompanied by Fizpik the fell imp this patch.

Seems i was lucky on his name, least i find it amusing

Deleted
    so just ran the latest simcraft released 2 hours ago in 498 gear had

yesterday Affsac - 115.5k today - 109.5k
    AffSuP - 106.7K Today - 110.4k

so not as harsh as i expected if they are accurate and 900 dps difference on a patchwerk is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by souldrain View Post
    so just ran the latest simcraft released 2 hours ago in 498 gear had

yesterday Affsac - 115.5k today - 109.5k
    AffSuP - 106.7K Today - 110.4k

so not as harsh as i expected if they are accurate and 900 dps difference on a patchwerk is pretty close.
    I see the term "patchwerk" used all the time in reference to raid bosses. What does it mean?

Patchwerk was a boss in Naxx both at level 60 and 80. He was a stand still and maximize your dps encounter that was essentially a large target dummy that would fight back. Patchwerk fights now are what people refer to when you get to stand still and all you have to worry about is DPSing the boss rather than any mechanics that might cause movement or dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Irreg View Post
    Patchwerk was a boss in Naxx both at level 60 and 80. He was a stand still and maximize your dps encounter that was essentially a large target dummy that would fight back. Patchwerk fights now are what people refer to when you get to stand still and all you have to worry about is DPSing the boss rather than any mechanics that might cause movement or dps loss.
    Thank you for that descriptive answer!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So been thinking about why destro has the lowest proc coefficient for the meta gem and wondering if its to do with our T15 2 and 4 piece bonus? I mean with it up and stacking with backdraft were going to be close to being GCD capped for incinerates and pumping them out and generating ember bits really really fast with the bonus which means more chaos bolts at a 20% reduced ember cost as well.

Ember generation during heroism is pretty sick as it is, so using that as a benchmark for the meta kinda doesn't surprise me that they don't want destro to have a massive uptime on it?

Thoughts?

Got Wushoolay's Final Choice I find it horrible, never procs at start, only get 1-2 procs per fight

had to go back to Elgalon trinket since my DPS went to the crappers becuase of it

Not digging the new PPM on trinkets.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    For your playstyle, yes. Only nerf was to the area of effect of Fire and Brimstone. That is now a 10 yard radius instaed of a 15 one, which hurts AoE somewhat.

While the overall buffs to Demo were probably better and Affliction is fine while using a pet now Destro is still prefectly viable, and not Cata Frost mage bad or something. From the little anecdotale evidence I've heard Destro was even more then fine.
    Ahh this clears things up. In the meantime I did actually read a few blue posts and got the distinct impression that while Destro has indeed been buffed, it still lags behind Demo and Affliction...with patch 5.2 only slightly reducing the gulf between the specs. I've played Destro in 5.0 and 1, and it was just absolutely crap (although this could simply be because I'm an average player, so I probably wasn't taking the most out of the spec back then).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question regarding Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen. CB for me is @ 2.5-2.9sec cast time. Idr exact atm but it around there. given the trinket proc is 4sec long....if the buff falls off mid-cast of a CB does that CB get the crit buff or not?

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    I have a question regarding Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen. CB for me is @ 2.5-2.9sec cast time. Idr exact atm but it around there. given the trinket proc is 4sec long....if the buff falls off mid-cast of a CB does that CB get the crit buff or not?
    Pretty sure its whatever buffs you have when the spell is cast as in finished casting and leaves your toon? I'm not positive though someone else may be able to confirm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Its as the cast finishes, have had many an annoying time when i think i can squeeze that last chaos bolt into a int proc to have it drop of 0.2s before the cast finishes and lose 60k damage, well irritating!

Deleted
    I stayed Destro eventually for our 7 kills tonight. Least I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised by the results of the spec
    Sadly we now have a "Logs hidden during progress" policy in place and it's hard to compare anyway since there aren't rankings yet.
    Jin'rokh : 212k with GoSup but with GoSac reforges
    Horridon : 310k with GoSac
    Council : 190k with GoSac, completely sucked on that fight it could be much higher ><
    Tortos : 260k with GoSac
    Megaera : 130k (with 0 padding, just Havoc+Incinerates for Embers of course) with GoSac, probably should have gone GoSup
    Ji'Kun : 145k with GoSac (fell two times with the knockback xD and the warrior in my group was doing WAY too much AoE damage on the eggs o_O)
    Durumu : 130k with GoSac, should have gone GoSup too but no reforging...

Overall Destro seems pretty good for now, despite Simcraft simming it next to last spec at 118K in full T14H
    Could probably be higher in single target fights with GoSup & proper reforgeing.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-07 at 12:30 AM.

Simcraft is using sac with sup reforge. No wonder the results are bad.

Otherwise, i agree with you, i did destro on some of the fights and it went pretty well. Nice side effect, trash dps was the highest too (not that it really matters, but i like topping the meters)
    Tortos as destro is a dream. Did 250k too , missing some heroic t14 items, using Sup with 7500 haste (affli build). But i had troll racial.

You are still going full mastery and sacrifice most of the time?
    Last edited by Apero; 2013-03-07 at 12:44 AM.