New ptr changes datamined on the front page.

Includes a buff to Blood Fear. Now only 5% health instead of 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    New ptr changes datamined on the front page.

Includes a buff to Blood Fear. Now only 5% health instead of 20%.
    20% was overkill too though. I did see that coming.
    The Fel Armor buff seems neat though (no longer armor grant, flat 10% dmg taken reduction)

I hope they fix the right click issue. I really wanna test that Warlock quest. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    20% was overkill too though. I did see that coming.
    The Fel Armor buff seems neat though (no longer armor grant, flat 10% dmg taken reduction)
    Yup, I think 5.2 BF is still weak, but it's at least usable now.

Happy with the changes I'm seeing, I don't think they're fixing everything - but they're certainly nudging things in a better direction, which is incredibly promising.

Deleted
    Fel Armor Reduces damage taken by 10%, total health by 10% and the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 10%.
    In before the Warlock-Tank army

Glyph of Unstable Affliction now reducing its cast time by 25%... new mandatory glyph (as a small dps increase)?
    I like the Sacrificial Pact buff, could be great to use with Grimoire of Sacrifice.

I'm pretty sure the idea of Fel Armor being passive damage reduction in the area of 10 percent instead of the Live version was tossed around in the original Beta discussion surrounding the ability, and seemed to make a bit more sense. Will be nice to get some passive DR back.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-01-10 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    In before the Warlock-Tank army

Glyph of Unstable Affliction now reducing its cast time by 25%... new mandatory glyph (as a small dps increase)?
    I like the Sacrificial Pact buff, could be great to use with Grimoire of Sacrifice.
    Regarding the new UA Glyph, it will be more feasible to actually cast DoTs in PvP again and save Shards for Haunt.

These notes are awesome.

Interesting changes. My hopes have been somewhat restored.

Yeah, because Warlocks aren't tanky enough as it is... pretty sure this won't go live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Regarding the new UA Glyph, it will be more feasible to actually cast DoTs in PvP again and save Shards for Haunt.

These notes are awesome.
    Probably, saving a miniscule amount of time, not sure if it'll be able to contend with utility glyphs - but with the SS glyph being gone it's a nice little replacement, although I'd have preferred something more interesting, I'm not gona argue with less time spent casting, even if it is miliseconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroto View Post
    Yeah, because Warlocks aren't tanky enough as it is... pretty sure this won't go live.
    Are we playing the same pvp, because outside of major CDs we're certainly not tanky in the current, out of control burst pvp season.

10% damage reduction is sure nice against casters but the armor removal is approximately 3,4% damage reduction loss. So in reality we will still get ripped apart by melee cleaves

But burst is best countered using defensive CDs, which we have a lot of compared to many other classes. I do welcome the 10% damage reduction, but 10% extra stamina and 10% extra heal effects? Plus the Sacrificial Pact change... Think about how these scale with existing survivability CDs like Dark Regeneration, Healthstones and Shadow Bulwark.

Or wait, does Fel Armor actually reduce total health by 10% (based on the wording)? That would be weird though.
    Last edited by Kuroto; 2013-01-10 at 02:33 AM.

If it makes Warlocks slightly more durable, that's fine, Blizzard has said they want Warlocks to be the "tough" caster.
    Besides, for how often I have to be in the middle of mobs in order to Hellfire, I welcome every little thing they'll give me to stay alive.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Us tanky? The hell is this? Maybe when we do our CD's which is health stone and DR then yes you aren't going to kill us oh and our shield yes our sacrificial pack; After that there squishy as a rogue like ridiculous squishy. This goes for more caster classes once they burn there defensive shit, They will die in a horrible death unless well your allies can peel yada yada.

But burst is best countered using defensive CDs, which we have a lot of compared to many other classes. I do welcome the 10% damage reduction, but 10% extra stamina and 10% extra heal effects? Plus the Sacrificial Pact change... Think about how these scale with existing survivability CDs like Dark Regeneration, Healthstones and Shadow Bulwark.

Or wait, does Fel Armor actually reduce total health by 10% (based on the wording)? That would be weird though.
    Fel armor already gives health and extra healing, only change is 10% damage reduction instead of the armor.

Yeah, or not. Warlocks are freaking balloons and warriors and feral druids are hedghehogs trying to hug us. We pop and lose all that health and after that we can't even heal us anymore. This change is good. It also reduces our health if you're unable to read or only see what you want to see.

Improved Demon Armor
    UA dispel buff (it's HUGE when we get the old glyph part baseline and increased damage done to the dispeller)
    New UA glyph (yes, will be mandatory at least for PvE when we don't have soul shard glyph anymore. screw drain life)
    Blood Fear small fix (just removing some shittyness, still no fan of it)
    Burning Rush buff (thank god they are making it at least an option for PvP now)
    Sacrificial Pact buff (isn't this now a buff from the live version? LOL, I think they did the math wrong with first change)
    Glyph of Ember Tap nerf (not surprised, it seemed a bit strong)

Overall a really really good patch build. It seems like all our whine has helped us after all. Keep it up, I guess.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-01-10 at 02:49 AM.

Deleted
    But burst is best countered using defensive CDs, which we have a lot of compared to many other classes.
    I completely agree, the problem being that once those defensive CDs are gone we're as squishy as paper, hell - half the time even when godmoding it up it's barely enough. Warlocks are certainly no lacking in defensive CDs, but we are lacking in passive reduction and I certainly wouldn't call us tanky by any means, especially not compared to how we've had it in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It also reduces our health if you're unable to read or only see what you want to see.
    ...or you're missing the obvious typo.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Fel armor already gives health and extra healing, only change is 10% damage reduction instead of the armor.
    Yep, you're right, I agree with this change then. I'm an idiot :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You all read the burning rush? It actually looks decent now