Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    can't really tell people to chill out, I mean that's just the reaction everyone gets when something they like gets changed and the changes look like they're for the worse. I agree that there is still alot of time before this patch goes live..alot more time, but from past experience unless an ability is looking op blizz most likely will keeps it staying pretty much the same.

as for the locks still being ahead of other classes in pvp even after these nerfs I completely disagree, and don't understand where you get that from. especially considering the buffs they're trying to give the underpowered classes for pvp.
    I was never talking about PvP, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Wow... soul leech has been made even more useless
    Depending on how it is implemented (if it is a stacking shield with a reasonable cap) this is an amazing change.

So now Blood Fear is defensive?

The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    So now Blood Fear is defensive?
    Haha more like terribly worthless

let's not forget the fabled cataclysm spell that destruction was supposed to get in 5.2 (which we will probably never hear of again ).

And some of you guys thought that the apocalypse wasn't going to happen today...

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Depending on how it is implemented (if it is a stacking shield with a reasonable cap) this is an amazing change.
    This. Not sure why everyone is worried, Soul Leech at the moment is pretty average, only really being useful on fights where the enemy takes increased damage. Should wait and see what the shield cap will be before we condemn it.

GoSac nerfs were expected, wouldn't be surprised if it's nerfed further. On the positive side at least they're doing it in small increments and not just gutting it outright. Personally I hope GoSac stays as the go-to talent for Affliction and Destro, just because I don't want to deal with pet AI/bugs and mechanics that flat out didn't take pets into consideration (Garalon/Milhouse).

I'd really like to also see some changes to the pets themselves, such as baseline movement speed increases or a sprint/leap.

So far the changes aren't too shocking (except Blood fear, that's a fucking horrid changes), I wouldn't be surprised if we see a nerf to the Soul Link/GoSac combo though.

The big thing I'm worried about changing is our scaling (Affliction). Our scaling is very strong at the moment, not quite Fire Mage or Warrior strong, but we're up there. Half expecting that to be hit hard, especially when you look at some of the other classes scaling compared to us and were we already are on the meters competitively.
    Last edited by Bartimaeus; 2012-12-22 at 05:22 AM.

High Overlord
    I find it quite amusing that so many people complain about the Soul Leech change while it actually is one of the only buffs here (PvE-wise, at least), it really makes you wonder how valuable most of the pre-patch forum feedback/noise is... Unless it is implemented in a very silly way (shield does not stacks or caps to a ridiculous amount like 2% health), it will be just as efficient in constant damage situations but way better when allowed to stack while you sit at full health.

- Logical nerf to Affliction GoSac, which really outperformed other grimoire options
    - Logical removal of the active effect of KJC, which I guess pretty much no one had been using since 5.1
    - PvE-wise, the nerf to sacrificial pact seems a bit overkill, since soul link was already a much stronger option in most cases
    - Very strange nerf of Demonology GoSac, considering it was already the worst grimoire option

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:38 AM ----------

And also, I've just logged in to check and I see no in-game mention of the 25%-50% range in damage increase for affliction's GoSac (only states 50% to Haunt, MG, DS, FF). Similarly, demonology GoSac only indicates 30%, not the 50% that seem to be assumed here.
    Last edited by Surutcra; 2012-12-22 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    spell lock nerf? wtf? why are they adding in all these nerfs that no one was complaining about? I swear when people complain about locks being "op" blizzards doesn't hesitate on that nerf button do they? I guess people are finally gonna stop complaining since all these pvp nerfs will make us a very hard class to lose to now
    Not exactly a nerf. It doesn't work as intended right now and hasn't since MoP launched. It's a flat 3s silence with no school lock, check for yourself. I really like blanket silence as it might be useful on an execute phase, but I hope they remove it from all other classes if we happen to lose it.

Got some good news

Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
    Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.
    Baseline 4 embers / Shards

The official notes say that 4 shards/embers will be baseline.

/relieved

AND GREEN FIRE IS CONFIRMED

High Overlord
    From the 5.2 blue post :

Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
    Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.
    Also, seems like it's Affliction & Destruction GoSac that are getting nerfed in the end (50->45 & 25->20), not demonology, which makes much more sense.

Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:51 AM ----------

And :

Sacrificial Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
    Which is rather ambiguous, as it does not say whether the created shiled will change or not !

Does this mean that 4 shards and embers will become baseline?

This one can allow, i wish it is true...

Quote Originally Posted by dalonglong View Post
    Does this mean that 4 shards and embers will become baseline?

This one can allow, i wish it is true...
    Yes It's baseline confirmed via blue

About the change to Spell-Lock: Notice that it only refers to the Felhunter specifically; it makes no mention of the Observer's Optical Blast which leads me to believe Blizzard intend to leave it as a blanket silence (which actually makes sense considering the Supremacy minions are supposed to have improved abilities).

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    About the change to Spell-Lock: Notice that it only refers to the Felhunter specifically; it makes no mention of the Observer's Optical Blast which leads me to believe Blizzard intend to leave it as a blanket silence (which actually makes sense considering the Supremacy minions are supposed to have improved abilities).
    My only qualm with the situation is Counterspell is basically the same thing as spell lock but with a blanket attached to it. Why does one get the blanket removed but not the other?
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    My only qualm with the situation is Counterspell is basically the same thing as spell lock but with a blanket attached to it. Why does one get the blanket removed but not the other?
    Counterspells blanket has been removed as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    They don't, look at mage patch notes.

So my ember tap heals for about 22.4% unbuffed. with that glyph it would add 11.2% I assume? So 33.6% heal with 4 embers = 134.4% heal when needed. Wow, and you only need 3 to still do a 100% heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    They don't, look at mage patch notes.

So my ember tap heals for about 22.4% unbuffed. with that glyph it would add 11.2% I assume? So 33.6% heal with 4 embers = 134.4% heal when needed. Wow, and you only need 3 to still do a 100% heal.
    The choice of giving up a nuke to kill someone / Pressure or self heal for the sake of not being global'd

Pricy!

Wowinsider has a full patch notes compliled

Warlock
    The Felhunter ability Spell Lock is now an interrupt, and no longer applies a 3 second blanket silence.
    Blood Fear has been redesigned. This ability is now cast on the Warlock, and causes melee attacks that strike within the next 60 seconds to fear the attacker. When cast, the ability has 1 charge, costs 20% health to activate, and has a 30 second cooldown.
    Soul Leech now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
    Sacrificial Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
    The passive damage from Archimonde's Vengeance no longer has a visual effect.
    Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.
    Grimoire of Sacrifice now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Ember Tap. This glyph increases the healing gained from Ember Tap by 50%.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
    Me gusta Still able to cast and move, excellent. What's the point of the other two level 90 talents again?

Also, this:

Quests
    Warlocks can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Warlocks determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on teh fabled Codex of Xerrath.
    Last edited by Hastings; 2012-12-22 at 06:49 AM.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic