Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
101
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's why I dislike the mechanic - not saying the DPS should be nerfed, but let's say drop down to one charge, and increase Shadowflame damage (base) by 100%. Perhaps allow the Meta to still snapshot it, you just don't have to game the two charges, or increase it by 150% and don't let it benefit from Meta.
    Actually, the stacking part is fine, I misunderstood your first post. It's the Meta snapshotting that's feels like a bit of an oversight, but as I said elsewhere it's something that will normally happen naturally as you work to ensure your Meta uptime happens within a decent window.

  2. #1002
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's why I dislike the mechanic - not saying the DPS should be nerfed, but let's say drop down to one charge, and increase Shadowflame damage (base) by 100%. Perhaps allow the Meta to still snapshot it, you just don't have to game the two charges, or increase it by 150% and don't let it benefit from Meta.
    Oh, we're talking about the 2 charges and not the meta snapshot?

    I'm even more fine with 2 charges, that was something I figured out you'd be trying to do just by looking at the ability, it just made sense to me. That I'd call intuitive.

    Having to switch into meta after the cast, but before it landed was the bit I figured was slightly less intuitive, though a grey area enough that I wouldn't place it anywhere near pet weaving and MWC antics.

  3. #1003
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    This is a bit of a tangent from the Demonology thread, but does anybody at all feel like "HoG-weaving" (2 charges + meta-snapshot-gaming of shadowflame) is actually a good mechanic?
    I do not think it is a good mechanic, the double charge nor the stance dancing. It is right up there with the ridiculous soul fire mana costs, ToC not scaling with haste, chaos wave being useless, hellfire health cost and the 10 sec cd on meta. This spec has design/mechanic problems the other two specs don't even come close to.

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    I do not think it is a good mechanic, the double charge nor the stance dancing. It is right up there with the ridiculous soul fire mana costs, ToC not scaling with haste, chaos wave being useless, hellfire health cost and the 10 sec cd on meta. This spec has design/mechanic problems the other two specs don't even come close to.
    Yes, I agree with all of this. Bring back the damage to chaos wave, nerf it for PVP if your worried. Remove the cd on Meta, it's stupid. Let us start with more fury then 200, would be a good start. Affliction gets to start with 4 shards, let destro start with 2 or 3 and give us 400 to 500 Fury to start.

  5. #1005
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Well obviously if I asked to change this, I'd also ask to slightly increase shadowflame damage to compensate. This actually wouldn't affect AoE versus single target, or PvP for that matter. But do you think being required to do this trick versus just getting a single charge of HOG (glyph can be changed to increasing the slow versus an increased CD) that deals more damage proportionally, removing some skill cap, is a good thing?
    No i think that there should be some skill cap, and yes i know that if ppl would ask for chaning HoG they would also ask for increase damage to compensate but its not about what we would ask but what blizzard would do. Also remember that they nerfed a lot AoE Burst dmg for demo locks, theres no chance that they would bring it back.

  6. #1006
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    No i think that there should be some skill cap, and yes i know that if ppl would ask for chaning HoG they would also ask for increase damage to compensate but its not about what we would ask but what blizzard would do. Also remember that they nerfed a lot AoE Burst dmg for demo locks, theres no chance that they would bring it back.
    Yeah, my idea behind Shadowflame buffing to compensate (rather than say buffing the straight damage) is that it's a sustained compensation but doesn't increase burst (both for PvE and PvP). The main thing with Shadowflame for PvP if I remember right is the slow, not the ticks, and that's something that can be adjusted separately via the glyph.

    On the skill cap it's a valid point, obviously there's a fine line between overly clunky and stupidly simple/boring, it's where it lies that's debatable.

  7. #1007
    Allright, new build, tooltip change for Blood Horror and a change to Eye of Kilrogg when glyphed.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment


    Talents

    Blood Horror While active, any time an enemy melee attack deals damage to the caster they will become afflicted by Fear for up to until cancelled. Warlock, the enemy will run in horror for up to 4 sec. Blood Fear lasts 60 sec. Blood Horror lasts 60 sec.


    Minor Glyphs

    Glyph of Eye of Kilrogg The casting Warlock must be within line of sight of the Eye of Kilrogg to place the Demonic Circle.

    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Allright, new build, tooltip change for Blood Horror and a change to Eye of Kilrogg when glyphed.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment


    Talents

    Blood Horror While active, any time an enemy melee attack deals damage to the caster they will become afflicted by Fear for up to until cancelled. Warlock, the enemy will run in horror for up to 4 sec. Blood Fear lasts 60 sec. Blood Horror lasts 60 sec.


    Minor Glyphs

    Glyph of Eye of Kilrogg The casting Warlock must be within line of sight of the Eye of Kilrogg to place the Demonic Circle.

    No idea why they would nerf a minor glyph (I don't even know many people that use it anyway). I wonder if people were using it to reach areas they were not meant to? Unless it was used in some sort of exploit, it seems like it's just a nerf to fun.

    Still looking forward to some damage adjustments, especially to destruction.

  9. #1009
    They said they were wrapping up the class balance. GC also said they taking the approach "wait and see" to warlocks.

    Nevertheless they also said they wanted to "improve" Supremacy pets but guess that got forgotten since they always talk about paladins, warriors and priests
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    They said they were wrapping up the class balance.
    Not from what I've read. They are moving towards more balance changes and away from mechanics changes is what he said in the Class and Item set issues thread. He specifically said to be on the look out for PTR patches with lots of balance changes among all classes to notice when the balance pass was being made.

    EDIT: this post he says this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046#1
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-05 at 06:37 PM.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  11. #1011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    No idea why they would nerf a minor glyph (I don't even know many people that use it anyway). I wonder if people were using it to reach areas they were not meant to? Unless it was used in some sort of exploit, it seems like it's just a nerf to fun.
    I know that one use I've put it to is to reach treasures in the back of caves without having to fight anything on the way to it. Fly the Eye in, drop the circle, go to the X,Y location above that point, teleport down, grab loot, repeat or hearth to exit.

    Maybe they don't like that sort of thing. Maybe there are people getting up to more extreme variants of that trick. Maybe it's an unrelated PvP nerf due to battleground tricks. We'll probably never know.

  12. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Maybe it's an unrelated PvP nerf due to battleground tricks.
    This was my initial thought. I don't PvP enough to know of any specific use like this, but I know there's always people on the look out for tricks they can use.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #1013
    i still think that the new blood horror needs work. I mean its only useful on melee and not only that but the charge could be used up on someones stupid pet. well at least they changed it to a horror effect.....

  14. #1014
    In case people missed it, Blood Horror has a 30 sec cooldown. The tier overall is still meh, but 4 sec horror / 30sec CD isn't total trash. Doesn't solve our issues, but will be worth taking vs. melee cleaves.

    Semi-related: it's gonna be fun having to /reloadui + retalent every time we Q into a caster cleave just for the privilege of spending 100K+ hp on Unbound Will. Kill the HP costs on spells already.

  15. #1015
    Yeah I don't see why there needs to be talents that kill us in addition to lifetap. Seems better to just have the talents cost a ton of mana, valued at 20% max health, instead of directly taking health.

  16. #1016
    I'm frustrated that they are nerfing the range on FnB down to 10 yards from 15. That was one thing that Destruction was exceptional at compared to the other specs (spread out AoE. IE: Ambershaper). Unless they do some pretty significant balance changes, Destro doesn't have anything that it excels at compared to the other specs anymore.

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm frustrated that they are nerfing the range on FnB down to 10 yards from 15. That was one thing that Destruction was exceptional at compared to the other specs (spread out AoE. IE: Ambershaper). Unless they do some pretty significant balance changes, Destro doesn't have anything that it excels at compared to the other specs anymore.
    Yeah I saw that in the official patchnotes, wondered what was up with that. I suspect it will have something to do with (R)BG's.


    EDIT: I agree though that they have been chipping away at Destro strengths for this patch, and they need to make a good balance pass to ensure Destro stays viable.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-05 at 07:30 PM.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  18. #1018
    The nerf to the Eye of Kilrogg glyph kind of sucks, it's currently the only way to get on top of Black Temple But I guess things like that are why they nerfed it...

  19. #1019
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,744
    I'm frustrated that they are nerfing the range on FnB down to 10 yards from 15. That was one thing that Destruction was exceptional at compared to the other specs (spread out AoE. IE: Ambershaper). Unless they do some pretty significant balance changes, Destro doesn't have anything that it excels at compared to the other specs anymore.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on Blizz
    Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with 1200 questions and 80 achievements!

    Inactive since 09/2013

  20. #1020
    Isnt the Seed of Corruption range with MF the same as fnb?

    Only that you spam boring seed and go oom instead of fancy (soon to be green) incinerates and instant conflags.

    First the nerf to gosac, and now this. Blizzard should give destro some love, i really like the spec, especially when all the affliction fanboys are shocked what dps you can do as destro. (except singletarget maybe :P)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •