Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    The active effect is just removed. No one would ever use it and lose the passive effect for 54s anyway.
    not true. impreial vizier zorlock was very fond of using it!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified
    Honestly a 5% nerf on something that represents less then 20% of your dps is a joke(haunt/mg/drain soul) and should be much more.
    Actually, more like 50-60% (Haunt, MG, DS as well as all dots ticks generated by MG & DS).

We will see if this nerf is enough to bring GoSac in line with other grimoires for Affliction, but something was clearly needed here.

Doesn't anyone think that because the soul leech talent was underwhelming and that maybe the shield may be better in some circumstances? New blood fear is atrocious, they can't honestly expect people to use this talent.

There are a few things I don't really understand weren't considered like the terrible mana cost of soulfire, us getting whiplash is cool but invisibility would've been something much more interesting. I wonder if the glyph of drain life will affect harvest life? probably not.. Chaos bolt dot still seems awkward and it'd be nice to see other destro spells buffed.

Deleted
    GoSac: Isn't 5% off of 25% a bigger nerf than 5% off of 50%? - 'cos that's what was really needed... the gap between Destruction and Affliction made bigger..... seriously I think dev's heads are up their arses sometimes.

Deleted
    new blood fear = natures grasp

Nature's Grasp
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Druid
    Requires level 52
    While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster they will become afflicted by Entangling Roots. 1 charge. Lasts 45 sec.
    Blood Fear
    Warlock - LvL 60 Talent
    20% of Total Health
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    While active, any time an enemy melee attack deals damage to the caster they will become afflicted by Fear. 1 charge. Lasts 60 sec.

GoSac: Succubus - finally they made this not worthless. Whiplash was the obvious choice for this NOT seduction! Why would you want to CC yourself just so you can CC another when you can just fear them with the same DR.

Blood Fear - we'll see how this pans out. I think this will take skill now but I just think 20% is too much. They need to lower it. The other 2 talents are still worthless as f*ck.

KJC - the activation part was so unnecessary ever since they made the recent change to it. You'll save one keybind. That's amazing! The other 2 talents are also still worthless as f*ck.

Glyph of Ember Tap - not going live

Glyph of Drain Life - not going live

Blood Fear has been redesigned. This ability is now cast on the Warlock, and causes melee attacks that strike within the next 60 seconds to Fear the attacker. When cast, the ability has 1 Charge, costs 20% health to activate, and has a 30 second cooldown.
    Changes like these makes me REALLY happy i quit playing WoW a few months ago, they still seem to not know what to do with warlocks, still poking around here and there to se what works and what doesnt. From my POV this single change (Blood Fear) is such an unprofessional way of handling the ability change that it baffels me, hence im happy i no longer play, do feel a bit bumed out tho since i really did enjoy playing my Warlock when i was playing and these changes only reinforces the feelings i already have for the Warlock changes in MoP, Bullshit

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    new blood fear = natures grasp
    Nature's Grasp costs 20% of the casters own HP to activate? if not, then its not equall.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-12-22 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.

The current Affliction BiS profile sims at 131005 DPS. The nerf to Sacrifice isn't a straight 5% nerf, it's just a nerf to haunt direct damage, ds/mg damage, and the cloned version of your dots that those spells generate.

According to some quick math looking at our damage sources, that would bring the current Affliction BiS profile down to 127655 DPS, a loss of 3350 DPS, which would represent about a 2.56% overall nerf.

If things don't change any further, GoSac will probably remain the best choice most of the time, especially if you'd prefer not to deal with wonky pet mechanics. The biggest difference is if you currently feel "forced" to run GoSac, you can now happily run Supremacy guilt-free, as it should be much more equal.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2012-12-22 at 11:40 AM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Too much complaints coming from posters who don't seem to read other class changes. We are not the only ones getting CC nerfs, its happening nearly across the board, and they were frankly getting out of hand. Blood fear atm looks to cost too much but the effect itself is nothing to sneeze at. 1 less melee on you while allowing you to fear another.

I'm still hoping to god they can make changes to Soul Link (and Aflliction), passive defenses were one of the things I loved about lock pre-MoP. Destro is still the durable spec and is now going to be even harder to kill if the Ember Tap glyph stays.

How are you guys thinking that are saying that soul leech is a nerf?

For pve in almost every scenario to me it would be a buff, soul leech was just overhealing, while this will not.

Deleted
    I don;t think SL is a nerf....I agree it should be a buff....I just can't think of a reason WHY it's being changed???

"The passive damage from Archimonde's Vengeance no longer has a visual effect."

OMG! this is exactly what the talent needs to no longer be useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanorick View Post
    "The passive damage from Archimonde's Vengeance no longer has a visual effect."

I actually love that purple lightning thing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    I don't understand why they would remove it in the first place lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    oh THATS what the purple lightning is.... i genuinely have been puzzled all xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Harvest Life now scales with 17.5% of Spell Power, down from 42.5%.
    from the unofficial patch notes.

That's just shitty. I mean HL didn't do much damage anyway, but it was at least a decent instant AoE spell for when I was Affliction. If they are going to bring down the damage it will ONLY be a health replenisher, and all the numerous AoE situations while questing (Rock flinging hozen for Tillers, sap flies with Klaxxi, all the stuff you have in scenarios etc. etc.) will now have to be done in the most annoying way possible: with SoC. Need to see it in action to be sure, but I don't think I like this change at all. Such a QoL nerf.

EDIT: Just realised I'll also have Rain of Fire as Affliction. Yeah, well, using a fire spell as Affliction is stupid, but I guess that will have to do cause we have nothing else.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-22 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    EDIT: Just realised I'll also have Rain of Fire as Affliction. Yeah, well, using a fire spell as Affliction is stupid, but I guess that will have to do cause we have nothing else.
    It's so Affliction gets some green fire as well. >.<

Deleted
    smouldering, fiery tier set? check.
    epic questline resulting in green fire? check.
    nothing to bring Destruction in line with the superior DPS specs? check.

I'm assuming Blood Fear will no longer replace Fear in our spellbooks. if so, I don't see a single Warlock dumb enough to take it.

Deleted
    I wanted a Destro buff, damn it.

Deleted
    Because Destro really needed to be nerfed by 4%, right ? NO
    Really waiting for the next build -_-
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-12-22 at 01:43 PM.