Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I hope you're joking and/or don't PvP.

The new "Unreliable, single target, 100k life to cast, chance to fear a pet version of Howl of Terror" blood fear is something that people would only take by accident.
    Your comment should be directed at the developers
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    No shes not joking, read some patch notes, read some blue comments and you would also know that.

Also we dont need to play PvP to know that - its just a fact. Blizzard decided to leave cataclysm project and instead of that they changed Blood Fear.

I dont see where Jessica wrote that its a good or bad change, i dont see if shes making her opinion about this at all.

So it doesnt matter if its good or not, if ppl would take it or not - you have 2 options right now:

1) you can still beeing confused and crying on forum whats happend with cataclysm over and over and over again

2) or you can just read what Jessica wrote.
    Unless you can cite a blue post stating that Cataclysm mechanics are being worked into Blood Fear, you're making things up.

Secondly Jessicka's post was his/her opinion. Re-read it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I didn't say it was good, just that the design intent seems remarkably similar. Instead of flaming people, maybe you could come up with some constructive discussion as to why it's bad, what would make it better. For what is a pre-emptive move, what relevence is the life cost anyway? It's like complaining if Demonic Circle had a health cost.
    I expressed my grievances with this talent.

100k life cost.
    Single target version of howl of terror on a similar cooldown.
    Chance to fear a pet or some other useless target.
    Unreliable. Want to fear the rogue? Tough, warrior hit you first.

Looking at this ability in isolation, it's terribly designed.

As for a replacement, they want that slot to be a survival tool vs melee.

Blood Fear
    20-30 second cooldown.
    Fear is instant when used against a target who has inflicted physical damage against you in the last 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Tya; 2012-12-31 at 04:07 PM.

Make demo or destro top lock spec for 5.2 along with the green flames for bonus excitement.

Deleted

Blood Fear
    20-30 second cooldown.
    Fear is instant when used against a target who has inflicted physical damage against you in the last 10 seconds.
    True.

I'm personally not a big fan of modifying fear, its already a good cc in its normal form - strong, but avoidable.
    Why not put a frost nova type talent there instead ? It might even make up for the loss of shadowflame

I think the new Blood Fear design could work, just raise the number of charges to 2 or 3, so you can have more 'control' over the enemies you want to be feared. With only one charge, it would really sucks when you want to get rid of that Rogue on you but instead the fear goes to the Hunter' pet...
    Last edited by Warrada; 2012-12-31 at 05:49 PM.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you can cite a blue post stating that Cataclysm mechanics are being worked into Blood Fear, you're making things up.

Secondly Jessicka's post was his/her opinion. Re-read it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 04:02 PM ----------

I expressed my grievances with this talent.

100k life cost.
    Single target version of howl of terror on a similar cooldown.
    Chance to fear a pet or some other useless target.
    Unreliable. Want to fear the rogue? Tough, warrior hit you first.

Looking at this ability in isolation, it's terribly designed.

Blood Fear
    20-30 second cooldown.
    I think it's self evident from the design what it's intention is: A pre-loaded melee deterrent. It's in keeping with other Warlock abilities that rely on pre-planning your moves, like Teleport and Unending Resolve, rather than being reactive use like Mage's Blink/Ice Block. The concept is in my mind pretty good; the execution - unless they give it more charges and/or give it a Horror rather than Fear effect, as well as being undispelable is a little lacklustre. That again goes with the way Warlock design of starts off by undershooting and building up from there and I wouldn't be surprised if that's something like where it ends up.

The blood fear change as stated atm will never go live, was just one developer smoking some serious shit and the other haven't noticed yet

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Make demo or destro top lock spec for 5.2 along with the green flames for bonus excitement.
    Why not just make all specs even on single target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    True.

I'm personally not a big fan of modifying fear, its already a good cc in its normal form - strong, but avoidable.
    Why not put a frost nova type talent there instead ? It might even make up for the loss of shadowflame
    Does not make up for the loss of Death Coil and Howl of Terror... I love how rogues and warlocks lost CC while everybody gained it >.< seems intentionally unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Why not just make all specs even on single target?
    I am with you on this one. However, they always tend to have one or two specs shine instead of the class as a whole and I posted the previous comment according to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Does not make up for the loss of Death Coil and Howl of Terror... I love how rogues and warlocks lost CC while everybody gained it >.< seems intentionally unbalanced.
    I stated this in another post but I find it so demoralizing and absurd how we have to choose between HoT, DC, and SF. No other class has to pick between their CC like that. Mortal Coil should be baselined after this BF nerf, having Howl back wouldn't be bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I am with you on this one. However, they always tend to have one or two specs shine instead of the class as a whole and I posted the previous comment according to that.
    If you think it's intentional you are giving Blizzard way too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If you think it's intentional you are giving Blizzard way too much credit.
    Hehe, either way, I hope I can play something else other than affli on 5.2 in order to utilize the green flames.

I'm looking forward to Fel Hellfire.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    I stated this in another post but I find it so demoralizing and absurd how we have to choose between HoT, DC, and SF. No other class has to pick between their CC like that. Mortal Coil should be baselined after this BF nerf, having Howl back wouldn't be bad either.
    They have decoupled mage CC in a similar way, if not worse, although mages required it in some cases (e.g. CoC and its freeze.) I agree that DC should've remained baseline. HoT I am undecided on. I think Cataclysm was a good spell but it'd only work if you could root melee down and prevent them from simply circumventing its effect.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2012-12-31 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    If they remove Havoc and FnB synergy with GoSac, why ever use it? The only reason GoSac destruction even exists is this synergy. If they remove this they should compensate somehow :S
    Well, Fire and Brimstone spread spells already aren't affected by GoSac, so it would just be Havoc that would be changed, making GoSac a style choice instead of making it better or worse than GoSup. I like the idea of making suppression a better choice but at least for Destro the way they have it in the patch isn't a very good way to go about it, it won't make GoSup better on any fight you can use Havoc making us bounce back and forth on the talent constantly which with the UI bugs is annoying as hell. Not to mention the problem of stat weights for Haste going from way in third place with GoSac to best with GoSup will make things quite annoying.

What I would like to see is to have GoSac stay as it is, make Destro pets scale with mastery, and make one of the GoSup pets cleave so that which talent to use is more about style than which is better in most cases. There would still be fights that favored one over the other, ie GoSac would be better on a two target fight where the two targets weren't near each other.

dont cry ptr isnt up yet these changes are only start to show ppl what they want to change and these isnt final changes

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    dont cry ptr isnt up yet these changes are only start to show ppl what they want to change and these isnt final changes
    Problem is at the moment, no one is using the ptr to give meaningful data, you only have to look at the clusterfuck that happened with Mage combustion to see that, and look what happened to fire spec as a result!! :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Problem is at the moment, no one is using the ptr to give meaningful data, you only have to look at the clusterfuck that happened with Mage combustion to see that, and look what happened to fire spec as a result!! :-(

If we should really watch at fire spec after nerf and expect same - we should be more than happy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    If we should really watch at fire spec after nerf and expect same - we should be more than happy.
    I'm assuming that by this you mean fire is fine, which it is, in bis/great gear. At low gear lvls it's horrible to play and in pvp it's dead. The point I was making was I just don't want the devs to make sweeping changes that could potentially break the class and let these changes roll with the next patch as they have had no feedback via the ptr due to lack of people testing and providing meaningful data.

So we need to try and combat this, so soon as the ptr is up we need to test test test to make sure it doesn't happen, I know now I'm back ill find time to do so, whether that data is used with Xel now gone remains to be seen, which is more than a little worriesome!!