soooo is 5.2 going to be destro or demo with those 4sets? because affl i got the shit part of it lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    soooo is 5.2 going to be destro or demo with those 4sets? because affl i got the shit part of it lol
    Afflicton doesn't really need the help, I'd doubt to see anything other than affliction remaining king or the others possibly catching up to "play what you want / depending on the encounter" level.

Zero math to base it off, but afflictions fairly well off right now, I'd be surprised if set bonuses were enough to usurp it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    They'd better make sure Destro is competitive for pve, what with the green fire now ... hah !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

As it looks right now we're gonna have all specs being viable for most situations but Affli pulling ahead slightly on single target. All in all very promising for us next tier with all the options we have during progress.

Fel Armor now reduces damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor.
    Unstable Affliction now does 14% more damage when dispelled. This damage always critically strikes.

Talents
    Blood Fear now costs 5% of Total Health, down from 20%.
    Burning Rush - During Burning Rush, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 100% of normal movement speed.
    Sacrificial Pact now shields for 400% of the sacrificed health, up from 200%.

Warlock buffs?! and so nice? they are listening to us? im probobly still a sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Well you rarely sac Voidy in arenas. Most people seem to stick to Spell Lock for the healer even if they play versus cleaves. Especially now when we get Whiplash from Succubus I doubt people will sac VW.

Sac Pact is still a close to 400k absorb in full PvP gear. It seems a bit over the top.
    I swear that enemies chew through 400k of Sac Pact much much faster than 400k normal health. I can't prove it, but I think it's bugged.

I think it's been brought up before that Sac Pact doesn't seem to benefit from resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    There is no way that sac pact is gonna go live. It is just way too freaking OP for non-pet locks. You lose 25% of your own health to gain a shield that absorbs 4x the lost health (using at 100% hp, you get a shield absorption of your maximum health)....yeah, no way that will go.
    The shield has the same size as it does on live, the only change is you pay 25% less health for it. They are buffing it because it is not a popular talent I believe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They'd better make sure Destro is competitive for pve, what with the green fire now ... hah !
    It is competitive, there is more to being a good raider than who tops the overall damage meter (not saying it can't).
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-01-10 at 08:16 AM.

The 2set bonus for destro, on its own, is rather lack luster. Sure it grants 1 extra CB, but that's it, as it would be extremely unlikely that we could bother generate and cast another one in the duration of the buff. So what it basically boils down to is ONE extra CB every two minutes. Not that great

As for the SB component, it's a little better. With just the 2 set we can probably get 2-3 extra SB during DS, but combined with the 4set bonus, it might be closer to 3-5 with a bit of luck.

Deleted
    I like the fact that they play with ember generation instead of a boring damage buff.

So, did they fix the right click issue on PTR? Can't check right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    So, did they fix the right click issue on PTR? Can't check right now.
    Yeah. Things like mailbox are super slow. But it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Yeah. Things like mailbox are super slow. But it works.
    Slow how? Maybe it's just high latency.

Deleted
    For Aff 4p bonus....purely additional 5% for MG and DS is really really small, these two together in some fights do less than 10% of the overall damage done from warlock so 5% of these to will be only 2-2.5% or the damage done at the max(single-target fight). Imo 8 or 10% would have been okay. And the 2p set is only good for single target fight. I'm pretty sure this is their hidden/passive way to nerf Affliction without really nerfing any Aff spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Slow how? Maybe it's just high latency.
    I do play from EU but it doesn't mean it should take 30s to get one item from a mail.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Fel Armor now reduces damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor.
    Unstable Affliction now does 14% more damage when dispelled. This damage always critically strikes.

Talents
    Blood Fear now costs 5% of Total Health, down from 20%.
    Burning Rush - During Burning Rush, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 100% of normal movement speed.
    Sacrificial Pact now shields for 400% of the sacrificed health, up from 200%.

Affliction

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Ember Tap has been reworked: Ember Tap heals you for an additional 5% of your health, but the health is restored over 10 sec.
    Glyph of Unstable Affliction now reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 25%.

Fel Armour, nice change passive 10% less damage from everything, who wouldn't want that, and needed really considering were punching bags without cooldowns.

UA change seems like it could go towards making affliction viable again, tho still need to do the math with my current gear to see what it would hit for.

Bf reduced health cost is a needed change, tho still doesnt solve the problem of random pets eating the debuff, i still stand by my suggestion that is should be cast-able on a target and when that target damage's you they get feared.

Burning rush seems like it could be amazing now if you partner with a druid, one rejuv would heal the damage and your free to zoom around at 158% and 100% when snared, sounds great on paper against warriors/rogues but testing required.

Ember tap glyph makes sense, the original heal sounded op anyways even with battle fatigue.

UA glyph is nice, allowing less penalty for stacking mastery as affliction instead of haste, tho cast time on fear is still far too high imo, bring back glove bonus anyone?

Discuss?

Edit: If burning rush works against KJC, holy crap! 100% movement cast while moving and unsnareable................doubt that will go live!

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I like the fact that they play with ember generation instead of a boring damage buff.

I like this as well, since i'm currently playing the sac/mastery build for destro so i'm pooling embers to burst during cd/procs, building back to 4 embers in between burst phases will be easier and more effective with these changes.
    Last edited by villie; 2013-01-10 at 10:14 AM.

I thought no more mandatory glyphs? Whats with the ua glyph? Besides a fight with a passive haste buff its a glyph everyone will take, isnt it?

Deleted
    I thought no more mandatory glyphs? Whats with the ua glyph? Besides a fight with a passive haste buff its a glyph everyone will take, isnt it?
    Yes that's weird...
    wtb Glyph of Chaos Bolt that does the same

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Most likely a placeholder. All they did was revert it back to what it was in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Yes that's weird...
    wtb Glyph of Chaos Bolt that does the same
    Don´t cry, Zum! You got a self-healing buff! =))))