10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    I'm interested to see how useful people think the 100% crit trinket will be for Demo - mostly relating to Doom.

If we get a proc during Dark Soul this is obviously the perfect scenario - Dark Soul buffed, 100% crit Doom would be pretty good. I'm thinking best case is you get off a HoG->Meta->Doom->Toc for corruption buffing/Soulfire depending on how it interacts with crit damage scaling. Could be pretty tricky making the most out of it tbh.

I'm assuming that a 100%crit Doom is going to be better than a Dark soul buffed one - which could make it pretty frustrating if you manage to lock yourself out of meta for the proc duration (quite unlikely I guess but still possible).

Starting to think that several factors (set bonuses, Meta gem, trinkets) are all tailoring a lot more towards affliction for 5.2. WTB a mastery proc/on-use trinket!
    It might be good for Doom, but when you consider how many damage sources we have, our inherent slow casts and ToC refreshing of Corruption, I can see this trinket being utterly abyssmal for Demo.

A 100% crit Doom plus a couple ToCs makes me think it will at the very least be competitive for Demo ... top 3 at the worst. This is without doing any math, of course.

With this trinket, something to watch the proc, and good reaction speed / timing, you could in theory maintain 100% crit on Doom through an entire encounter. That's huge.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    A 100% crit Doom plus a couple ToCs makes me think it will at the very least be competitive for Demo ... top 3 at the worst. This is without doing any math, of course.

With this trinket, something to watch the proc, and good reaction speed / timing, you could in theory maintain 100% crit on Doom through an entire encounter. That's huge.
    Wild imps, Wild Imps everywhere...

now joke's aside Iam no so sure about it, the RNG of ppm can fuck one over and you get a proc just after a DS ended and having to decided if redo doom is worth it(might be)

On the other hand procing it at the start with DS will be just "fabulous"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    On the other hand procing it at the start with DS will be just "fabulous"
    Having it proc on the pull with all of your CDs up will probably make double casting it worth it for the 1.5 minute duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Having it proc on the pull with all of your CDs up will probably make double casting it worth it for the 1.5 minute duration.
    I mean, what else are you gonna cast in that 4 second window? ToC? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I mean, what else are you gonna cast in that 4 second window? ToC? XD

Well, Soulfire with all the Int procs, DS and that trinket would hit extremely hard. Hits for well over a million on Alysrazor with a 25 stack, and that's only 75% Crit. Doom would probably still translate to more damage.

Real PPM is a misnomer. You aren't guaranteed any number of procs per minute or per fight for that matter. The only difference from a completely random roll is that the time between each attack/spell/tick modifies the probability of it proccing (the old PPM system only modified this based on weapon speed), so that the number of procs on average is fair for specs that do big, slow attacks compared to specs that do many small attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by pongueur View Post
    And you indeed have a ~10% chance to proc your trinket right away, but only on the FIRST chance you get to proc it.
    Edit: I can't read.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding doom, the tricky thing is that you already get to have a strongly buffed doom by casting it while DS is active. The 100% crit one is probaby even stronger, but still as you are most likely not to have the opportunity to combine both, the gap from the current situation will be substantially smaller than il would seem.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

That trinket is causing major pain to the DEVS, and considerig they are already trying to nerf it for shadow priest (goddamn it was a nice chance to dust off my former main) maybe it will get changed.

LOl,4s 100% crit is so nice for us?Dont forget it will be nerfed if it is op for us.
    Just care about 5.2 lock's pvp,as I think we don not have a reason to get into arean!
    [PTR donnot have 30% decrease health recovery,so it will make less effcet for us to see our pvp situations!]
    Last edited by shinewaylee; 2013-02-17 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Not likely, but can't think of a way to test it without spending an hour on dummy switching gear sets.
    I can think of an easy way to test it. Cast your DoTs, channel MG, swap your weapon for a grey vendor trash one, channel MG on the same DoTs. Compare the damage from the MG generated DoT ticks before and after you removed the weapon. If the damage is the same, it's running off the DoT stat snapshot. If the damage is lower, MG does a new snapshot separate from the DoTs themselves.

However, I don't have an Afflic spec to test this with right now. Can anyone save me the trouble of a respec and give it a try? It might be kind of important to know this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    I can think of an easy way to test it. Cast your DoTs, channel MG, swap your weapon for a grey vendor trash one, channel MG on the same DoTs. Compare the damage from the MG generated DoT ticks before and after you removed the weapon. If the damage is the same, it's running off the DoT stat snapshot. If the damage is lower, MG does a new snapshot separate from the DoTs themselves.
    I just did this, and it seems that the mg damages are snapshotted off the dot stat. I'm not sure about crit chances though (Alysrazor may be a good fight to figure this out).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can smb post DPS tests on dummys here?
    Want to see difference.

New warlock tier reminds me of Mass Effect for some reason.

Guess it's PvP gear, nvm.
    Last edited by Screwtape; 2013-02-18 at 12:03 AM.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Apparently another ptr build is up with no warlock changes. I had been hoping for the big balance ptr build to come out today but I guess I shall have to wait a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Apparently another ptr build is up with no warlock changes. I had been hoping for the big balance ptr build to come out today but I guess I shall have to wait a little longer.
    It seems they are holding off on lock changes, most likely for the last minute(which is sketchy). Hopefully it's because this is a lock influenced patch and they don't want to kill them even though I see affliction getting hit hard like arcane atm.

Deleted
    arcane got totally raped in ptr and will be a dead spec again, so expect some kinda of adjust on afly also.

WTB a small buff for demo, and a big buff for destro ( Accompanied with Havoc being reworked to be less gimicky, I prefered the cataclysm model of Havoc TBH)

It's really weird no changes have been made to Affliction besides the GoSac nerf (not counting SoC since it was used in a gimmicky way in T14). Maybe they are waiting to see the results in the raid first? With the testing I've done on PTR it seems like Affli is still crushing everything and the spec will dominate this tier as well.

What will happen (if anything) is probably Blizzard realizing everyone will keep running GoSac and that the damage is still insane (mostly because the ridiculous gearscaling advantage), so they will nerf it even more. I'd be fine with that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    WTB a small buff for demo, and a big buff for destro ( Accompanied with Havoc being reworked to be less gimicky, I prefered the cataclysm model of Havoc TBH)
    Do you honestly feel that Demo and Destro can't compete with other classes? I don't get why you would want buffs for the specs when you could just ask for the very top specs to get nerfed. There's a lot of other specs waiting to catch up with Destro and Demo...
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-02-19 at 04:29 PM.