There is justice for Warlocks!

I dont understand Fr. Blizzard's perspective on Warlocks, not in the slightest. At the release of 5.0 Warlocks looked awesome, perhaps too awesome. Ok, I can understand and agree with a nerf, but they went "way" too far particularly with regard to Demo Locks. And now, if you consider most of the other class changes, I don't believe Warlocks will measure up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    wow
    Nice buffs ?

Nah, PvP specific tweaks aren't possible... are they ? What about Chaos Bolt then ! -_-
    YES! That is a pretty significant buff to destro and demo. I guess they decided to go the route of buffing destro/demo and not nerfing affliction.

Deleted
    Some examples for Destro with quick math (assuming 10% buff to Incinerate means 10% buff to FnB-Inci ?) :
    On Zor'lok : 120k => 128,5k
    On Elegon : 330k => 354k
    On Feng : 168k => 180k
    On Protectors : 255k => 268k
    On SoF : 186k => 197k

Edit: woops except that doesn't take into account the 4% nerf from GoSac :>
    If you factor in this nerf the values don't change that much
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-02-20 at 01:09 AM.

thank god thank god thank god they finally buffed destro's passive dmg... without actually touching its burst, now people won't cry about destro in pvp and it won't get the nerf bat (at least not as hard)

whew

Deleted
    I still can't wipe that huge-ass smile from my face after seeing GC's last post.

I play both DK & Warlock, so I am extra happy. :P Who doesn't like buffs, eh? However, I think frost will still be way ahead in terms of dmg, which sucks for Unholy lovers, but I'll stick to UH anyway, these QoL changes are good enough.

So happy about these buffs, we'll see what sticks but this is very nice. Now if affliction gets the nerf bat I won't be as bothered.. also makes the green fire quest more appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, finally, the balance changes.

Nice changes too, let's hope this evens out the playing field somewhat. I didn't like the "Nerf Affliction" conversations, and now we get balance (or close to it) without any major changes to Affliction. I like!

Deleted
    These buffs to Destruction will have some fancy consequences in PvP.

Deleted
    Applying the buffs & nerfs to Simcraft results,
    Destro goes from 120k to 129k with the buffs, but it loses around 5k because of the GoSac nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Some examples for Destro with quick math (assuming 10% buff to Incinerate means 10% buff to FnB-Inci ?) :
    On Zor'lok : 120k => 128,5k
    On Elegon : 330k => 354k
    On Feng : 168k => 180k
    On Protectors : 255k => 268k
    On SoF : 186k => 197k

Edit: woops except that doesn't take into account the 4% nerf from GoSac :>
    If you factor in this nerf the values don't change that much
    Also remember the range nerf on FnB, so you can't do a few of the fights as before (Elegon, SoF).

Deleted
    Yeeeey! Finally Immolate will hit like a half-soaked noodle instead of a really wet one.
    Great tweaks though, thanks!

And oh, who uses GoSac anyway, Shivarra rocks me world and she is great, no really, she does great damage.

EDIT: With the nerf to FnB, and the buff to Immolate I recon we can still get of a FnB+Immolate and a FnB+Incinerate on the elegon adds, maybe doing aprox. the same damage as the 3 incinerates I shoot now.

EDIT2: Or I should say, Elegon-like encounters, as most of us probably wont set foot in there once 5.2 hits.
    Last edited by mmocc408757861; 2013-02-20 at 01:25 AM.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94524 is available on ptr, the proc is very unreliable once i got two in a row another time it took me 2mins to get it and the fun part is that u can snapshot your dots and make them crit all the time for the whole duration, i can already see the big weakura announce on ppl screens when this trinket procs. As affliction u prolly gona have to pool 1 shard to have it ready for sb:soul swap when this trinket procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Whaaaat? Where is this blue post and/or tweet? Cause I can't find it!

And oh, who uses GoSac anyway, Shivarra rocks me world and she is great, no really, she does great damage.
    I keep the first post of this thread up to date with (pretty much) all major changes to warlocks for 5.2, so you can read it there, usually with a link to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I keep the first post of this thread up to date with (pretty much) all major changes to warlocks for 5.2, so you can read it there, usually with a link to the source.
    Here's a link with my reply too. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/

I'm really happy they took this route, I want to MS demo and OS affliction and now it seems like doing so is going to be pretty nice.

Imo these buffs are more than enough, especially for demo. I'd rather seen some changes to broken or weird mechanics (ToC not scaling with haste, Meta buffing HoG/SF, shadowflame stacking) and a coherent skillset than only percental damage adjustments, but it seems there is no room for such during an expansion . On the other hand i take what i can get to deliver good dps with all three specs .

Edit: Reduce manacosts of Soul Fire please!
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2013-02-20 at 01:52 AM.

Warlock
    - Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
    - Soul Fire damage +22%.

Honestly...i'm about to cum.

Deleted
    Oh my.... That's so ***** perfekt!

Deleted
    Please note though everyone, keep in mind the rest of the notes made during the whole ptr, the 20% buff here and +15% there might not actually be what it says if they nerfed said skills earlier during ptr etc. etc.

But it sure looks great.

And as the patch likely will come at March 6 in (or whatever day of the week they patch for you US guys) there is still time for changes.

The folks in the Mage forum are raging over the Arcane nerf and are calling for Affliction's head. I don't think it'll be pretty when they notice the Destro/Demo buffs and presume it means Afflic won't get nerfed beyond the GoSac thing.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.