Deleted
    New SimCraft numbers accurate? Supposedly that's with the legendary meta gem RPPM changes.

http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png
    I would take that with more than a grain of salt. We don't even know yet if GC hasn't just made a mistake, or if we just haven't understood the changes. I mean, gaining 24k dps with a metagem, that can't be right...
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-05 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    cliff notes: affliction semi nerfed, demo and destro buffed.

well most of the valid changes can be seen in the patchnotes, altho GOSac is 30% not 35% and haunt is 30% and not 25%.
    Besides incinerate and conflagrate getting buffed 20%/10%, GOsac for destruction locks got nerfed by 10% which is pretty hefty, so its more of a mix of nerfs and buffs for destro locks right?

also, for pvp, should we still be taking dark bargain with GOSac for destro right? (Warlock noob here)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I would take that with more than a grain of salt. We don't even know yet if GC hasn't just made a mistake, or if we just haven't understood the changes. I mean, gaining 24k dps with a metagem, that can't be right...
    at 1st I though was a mistake but elemental have a high ppm aswell so maybe its true dunno...

GC just said they're correct, maybe is their way of making destro viable in pve without affecting pvp, i believe the meta gem wont proc/work on players. Correct me if i'm wrong.

it works but its dispelable, I can see it being dispelled alot in arenas but in RBGs its uptime gona be very good still

Deleted
    GC just said they're correct, maybe is their way of making destro viable in pve without affecting pvp, i believe the meta gem wont proc/work on players. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    He said it made no sense http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=113#2243
    Was he trolling ?
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-05 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It depends of the strat you do I think, and where you place the boss. Obviously with the FnB nerf this is much less powerful than before, but depending of the paths of the adds you could AoE them.
    It was a bit sad after the awesomeness that was FnB in 5.0/5.1

Destro could play the role of add finisher on this fight, as the multidotters will... multidot everything that moves and slowly kill them as they crawl towards the boss, a Destro guy could AoE & exec them before they come too close, and allowing melees to stack without having to go too far away.
    I will have to learn destro for this fight because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I do recall him posting that it has a reduced proc chance against players, yes. Same is true of the PvE trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that was pretty much too good to be true, as we well knew it was. Let's see what it should have been then, I doubt it will be beyond what the other proc rates were.

EDIT: although he just seems to have said that the Balance/Ele numbers were correct and only Destro was wrong, so no idea what's going on then.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-05 at 12:44 AM.

He didn't actually seem sure if it was (in)correct.

"Yeah, you're right. Those numbers make no sense. I transposed a column or something."

Doesn't confirm/deny anything, really. Could be .9, could be 6.9, could be 9 ... who knows.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    He didn't actually seem sure if it was (in)correct.

"Yeah, you're right. Those numbers make no sense. I transposed a column or something."

Doesn't confirm/deny anything, really. Could be .9, could be 6.9, could be 9 ... who knows.
    I get the sense he was given those numbers by a member of the team and he wasn't personally involved with the decision making process on the actual numbers for each spec. (Which is perfectly acceptable and expected)

He was merely reporting the information given to him, and now that he actually thought about the numbers he realized that he must be missing something so he's checking with the folks that came up with those numbers/gave them to him to confirm that they're correct or if they're actually terribly wrong.

Not that I wouldn't mind Destro being top dog with almost 100% uptime on 30% haste :P

I'm a little surprised Demo's coefficient is lower than Aff's considering it can proc from periodic spell hits and Aff stands to gain more from a 30% haste proc.

0.761 Arcane
    0.302 Fire Mage
    1.387 Frost Mage
    0.625 Affliction
    0.598 Demonology
    0.509 Destruction
    1.891 Elemental
    1.872 Moonkin
    0.933 Shadow

this was just posted by gc 2 hours ago, how does it change that simc results we saw earlier today?

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    0.761 Arcane
    0.302 Fire Mage
    1.387 Frost Mage
    0.625 Affliction
    0.598 Demonology
    0.509 Destruction
    1.891 Elemental
    1.872 Moonkin
    0.933 Shadow

this was just posted by gc 2 hours ago, how does it change that simc results we saw earlier today?
    I can't say for sure because I haven't tested it, but it pretty much just confirms that aff>demo>destro is how it'll be for single target.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 07:38 PM ----------

I just built the simcraft that includes the new metagem information:

Affliction: 192271
    Demonology: 176983
    Destruction: 172625

Yeah, I'm betting once these meta gems are floating around, Aff will get the coefficient tweaked down, cause it just seems like such a ridiculous advantage that would defeat all the "equalize the specs" work. =/

Deleted
    It's 4:30 and I need to be up in 4 hours, have reliable sims been published yet?
    I just want to know which spec is ahead so I can no life it for hours on end and disregard which spec is best for 1/12 encounters next patch and be happy with my ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanb View Post
    It's 4:30 and I need to be up in 4 hours, have reliable sims been published yet?
    I just want to know which spec is ahead so I can no life it for hours on end and disregard which spec is best for 1/12 encounters next patch and be happy with my ignorance.
    Go affliction and you'll be fine. It's not really bad on any fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Go affliction and you'll be fine. It's not really bad on any fight.
    Thanks, I don't have that much time to do research, so I hope there will be a thread when clear/concise sims come through with conclusions detailing what to prio with certain ilvl's/trinkets as right now it's all mumbo jumbo, even with regard to 5.1 information.

I'll still be Demonology. The gap is much smaller now, and I was doing just fine before we were buffed. That, and the fix Zinnin wrote for Demonology's bug still hasn't been implemented.