Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I'm really liking the look of the new glyph: You're right though that most of these look like hotfixes already mentioned. Although the increased dmg from aspect of the iron hawk is definitely needed.
    This is already on live. Look at buff not tooltip. (Aspect of the hawk is already set at 15%)

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    -
    -Silencing Shot nerfed to make the rest of the tier more attractive, though it will take a whole lot more nerfs to it to make Hunters likely to take any other in PvP. It's rather aggravating that it gets the same cooldown as Counterspell and Spell Lock, but keeps its small effect. Meanwhile, warlock Spell Lock loses its blanket silence, but mage Counterspell gets to stay all-powerful.
    Well lets look at this.

Warlocks lost the blanket silence, theirs is pet tied and is a 24 sec cd 3 sec interupt.
    Mages have counterspell, removed the blanket silence with the patch and is still a 24 sec cd with 6 sec interupt.
    We have 24 sec cd with 3 sec silence and interupt.

They're all pretty equal with warlocks being slightly worse off. Warlock one is probably not even worse considering they can change pets to get new utility after they use the silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone use Powershot? Honest question.

well so much for them fixing the "too many buttons" issue, they have not seemed to of done a damn thing about that. Funny how GC can say "yes we agree hunters have too many buttons" then they just take a broken skill and claim its working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they've said we've had too many buttons for a few years now. Don't expect it to change anytime soon.

I actually really like the changes. It's a nice quality of life change to add marked for death baked into hunter's mark and replacing the glyph with a very very useful raiding glyph. You stood in the fire? Don't worry here's a heal!

Glyph of Liberation: When you Disengage, you are healed for 5% of your total health.

Pretty awesome for pvp too.

Bestial Wrath may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.

Thank you!!! lol

PvP trinkets that clear loss of control effects will now also clear these effects from the player's pet as well.

Pretty nice too... Can't wait for 5.2.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-22 at 08:37 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Glaive Toss is a skill shot too, btw. Even if the animation looks like it's coming back to you, it draws a straight line between you and the target and hits everything in that line, even if you move to "adjust" the line.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 08:39 AM ----------

Also, monks have a skill shot (Flying Serpent Kick, Spinning Fire Blossom, and Chi Torpedo), priests do in Divine Star, I suppose you could suggest frozen orb is a skill shot for mages, all our traps are technically skill shots, all ground based AoE are technically skill shots.

It isn't a new concept in WoW to have things that can miss the target if the target moves.

I like the glyph change. But if there's anything to know about Blizzard, it's that hunters are ALWAYS the last to be looked at. We were the last class in vanilla, bc, and cata beta to get our talents. So don't hold your breath.

I really want them to address the aspects, and even possibly give us the Tier 5 2 set a glyph, talent or aspect. Go with my arrow post blizzard. Also, address our cleave / multi dot. We're still miles behind mage, warlock, moonkin, spriest on a fight with more than one target.

SUBMIT FEEDBACK IN PTR PLEASE SO WE DON'T GET ANOTHER 100% SERPENT STING BUFF WEEKS LATE
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-12-22 at 08:44 AM.

Nooooooooooooooooooo SV aoe nefr (( Or maybe not, since they are increasing Serpent's damage, so who knows.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 10:52 AM ----------

Nothing regardint "too many buttons to press" tho, weird. That's my #1 prioriry, I feel sickened to use Dire Beast :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooo SV aoe nefr (( Or maybe not, since they are increasing Serpent's damage, so who knows.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 10:52 AM ----------

Nothing regardint "too many buttons to press" tho, weird. That's my #1 prioriry, I feel sickened to use Dire Beast :/
    The SrS change is old news it was a hotfix implemented awhile ago. It is actually a buff to SV's aoe, not a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I like the glyph change. But if there's anything to know about Blizzard, it's that hunters are ALWAYS the last to be looked at. We were the last class in vanilla, bc, and cata beta to get our talents. So don't hold your breath.

I really want them to address the aspects, and even possibly give us the Tier 5 2 set a glyph, talent or aspect. Go with my arrow post blizzard. Also, address our cleave / multi dot. We're still miles behind mage, warlock, moonkin, spriest on a fight with more than one target.

SUBMIT FEEDBACK IN PTR PLEASE SO WE DON'T GET ANOTHER 100% SERPENT STING BUFF WEEKS LATE
    This would probably fix our multi-dotting capabilities for BM, but buffing it by another 100% would make it too powerful imo.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-22 at 09:14 AM.

Dire Horn thing - I wonder what it's gonna be like, but seems awesome!
    Our T15 set looks friggin' badass, like "I hunted a dinosaur, now I'm showing off, look, thats his eye on my belt"
    Glyph of Disengage! At last some decent self heal!

I love all those changes. Only one thing is bothering me. Why is Blizzard ignoring MM? This spec is currently behind anything possible, and yet there are no changes incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Dire Horn thing - I wonder what it's gonna be like, but seems awesome!
    Our T15 set looks friggin' badass, like "I hunted a dinosaur, now I'm showing off, look, thats his eye on my belt"
    Glyph of Disengage! At last some decent self heal!

I love all those changes. Only one thing is bothering me. Why is Blizzard ignoring MM? This spec is currently behind anything possible, and yet there are no changes incoming.
    Dire horn thing? Can you please link/explain this I couldn't find it in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Dire horn thing? Can you please link/explain this I couldn't find it in the patch notes.
    Dire Horns have been added as a tameable species for Hunters that have learned the required skill. Aspiring Dire Horn owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.

Dunno what that really means, but seems like a new hunter challange

-So, uhh, how about that Powershot. The ability becomes bugged in 5.1, it even gets clarified that its bugged and is a tough bug to fix in a blue post, and instead of fixing it they just update the tooltip. That seems cool.

-Silencing Shot nerfed to make the rest of the tier more attractive, though it will take a whole lot more nerfs to it to make Hunters likely to take any other in PvP. It's rather aggravating that it gets the same cooldown as Counterspell and Spell Lock, but keeps its small effect. Meanwhile, warlock Spell Lock loses its blanket silence, but mage Counterspell gets to stay all-powerful.

In conjunction with that, Binding Shot and Wyvern Sting improved to be a bit better to use. A bit.

-Hunter's Mark quality-of-life improvement, so that's good. That's one less mandatory glyph slot for PvE, and a nice self-heal glyph as a replacement. Well-liked.

-Most of it is just tooltip changes that reflect hotfixes that are already implemented, mostly for Serpent Sting and Hawk/Iron Hawk.

For the most part though, we should all be focusing on that little 'change' to Powershot. Everyone should note that they TOLD us that Powershot was BUGGED, and that it would be tough to fix. I don't understand how they could possibly think that people would be okay with them not fixing it and just claiming it to be intentional. Wow. They always seem to out-do themselves in their effort to throw the Hunter community off.

Blue Post earlier on in the patch that agreed that Powershot was, in-fact, bugged.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967569042#10

This is actually not true:

"Just wanted to keep you guys updated, we're aware of this issue (when targeting a stationary target), it's already being worked on but unfortunately it's the kind of bug that will probably only be fixed with a client-side patch, probably with 5.2 (please note that this is a very early estimation of when it’s going to get fixed, don’t take it for granted as it might change at any time)."

They are saying that they are trying to fix it bugging out on stationary targets, not getting rid of the skill shot part of it.

GC confirming what I said: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10407511805953

"It is a "skill shot" (like Divine Star) so it can miss targets that move. That may be what players are seeing."

So it is just letting players know it can miss targets while moving, not that they are just ignoring the bug. You shouldn't think so negative of Blizzard.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-22 at 10:15 AM.

I wouldn't be worried about MM buffs or making our rotations easier just yet. It's only the very first iteration of patch notes so far. Ghostcrawler did say that Hunters had too many buttons at the moment. It's on the to-do list. It's not a matter of having too many buttons in general, but it's our rotations that have too many buttons right now. Other than that, we have a comfortable amount. They certainly have trimmed down on our overall amount of buttons in the past, so I have faith in them that they'll trim our rotations to be more equal to others. It's great that BM can achieve very high DPS now, but with double the amount of button management as the next guy?

This is actually not true:

"Just wanted to keep you guys updated, we're aware of this issue (when targeting a stationary target), it's already being worked on but unfortunately it's the kind of bug that will probably only be fixed with a client-side patch, probably with 5.2 (please note that this is a very early estimation of when it’s going to get fixed, don’t take it for granted as it might change at any time)."

They are saying that they are trying to fix it bugging out on stationary targets, not getting rid of the skill shot part of it.

GC confirming what I said: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...01975751655424

"It is a "skill shot" (like Divine Star) so it can miss targets that move. That may be what players are seeing."

So it is just letting players know it can miss targets while moving. You shouldn't think so negative of Blizzard.
    But, and I don't understand why this is so difficult to realize, - Powershot has never ever missed moving targets, ever, for the first half of the expansion and the entirety of the beta. Then, mid-patch, without a hotfix notice, it suddenly starts doing so, and not even in a normal way. You don't get a message that says it 'Missed' or was 'Dodged', nothing happens. It fires off and nothing happens at all. It is a bug, not intentional. It was always supposed to hit its primary target and do secondary damage to targets in the way, just like Glaive Toss and Barrage do now. That's what that tier of talents was all about. There is plenty reason to think negative of Blizzard, and this fiasco is just the latest.

I wouldn't be worried about MM buffs or making our rotations easier just yet. It's only the very first iteration of patch notes so far. Ghostcrawler did say that Hunters had too many buttons at the moment. It's on the to-do list. It's not a matter of having too many buttons in general, but it's our rotations that have too many buttons right now. Other than that, we have a comfortable amount. They certainly have trimmed down on our overall amount of buttons in the past, so I have faith in them that they'll trim our rotations to be more equal to others. It's great that BM can achieve very high DPS now, but with double the amount of button management as the next guy?

But, and I don't understand why this is so difficult to realize, - Powershot has never ever missed moving targets, ever, for the first half of the expansion and the entirety of the beta. Then, mid-patch, without a hotfix notice, it suddenly starts doing so, and not even in a normal way. You don't get a message that says it 'Missed' or was 'Dodged', nothing happens. It is a bug, not intentional. There is plenty reason to think negative of Blizzard, and this fiasco is just the latest.
    So you are saying that you are right and Blizzard is wrong? I'm not following you here. Glaive toss also doesn't tell you you missed when the target is moving.

So you are saying that you are right and Blizzard is wrong? I'm not following you here. Glaive toss also doesn't tell you you missed when the target is moving.
    WoW is probably split into individual teams who almost never talk to each other until a situation like this arises. Someone changed a variable here or there, the change makes it through basic testing, the bug gets pushed live. The other teams don't give a shit because it's not their job to.

People play their class, are heavily invested and thereby know how stuff works, notice an error and then report it. So now you have Forum Blues checking with QA who then check with the individual teams who then (in theory) check out what might be wrong. The problem is the chain of command isn't that simple because investing man hours in poorly written bug reports at a 1:1 rate is ludicrous. So instead they're clumped into priorities and similar reports get placed together to cut down the 1:1 to hopefully 5:1 and better. On top of it people are relaying questions to the completely wrong people. Asking GhostCrawler on twitter why Powershot is not working seems like a good idea, but the last thing you want is to have a head game dev to ponder over a change.

You could literally see his train of thought from his posts (paraphrased)
    1) Hunters burst is too good, have to watch other classes
    2) Stampede is too good
    3) Problems with Powershot arising
    4) BW will be nerfed in 5.1
    5) Stampede bug found
    6) BW nerf will remain
    7) Powershot is a skill shot

Now why did this happen? Most likely because he made up his mind prior to digging deep into the bug ridden Hunter class which was seemingly the best class in PvP, which is laughable in hindsight (sorry, I have to stick up for my boys and throw some bias in). Now instead of going through the proper channels of bug reporting, Ghostcrawler probably talked to the proper team member, found out that there's a lot of work in fixing it (most likely the change was deeply ingrained in a projectile/missile optimization since the problems with Glaive Toss also arose about the same time), said "fuck it" and put it at the bottom of the priority stack to add more "flavor" to the class.

Now I really can't blame him, spicing things up prevents stagnation, but in this case it was a really poor decision that was definitely not warranted considering the back to back nerfs that Hunters received. Luckily since then we've received significant PvE damage normalization, but after being shunned so much with Warrior and Mage still running rampant, it was a very dark time for the Hunter class.

TL;DR: Game breaking problems are hotfixed and those that aren't... aren't. Unfortunately we received nerf hotfixes and patch buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    This is already on live. Look at buff not tooltip. (Aspect of the hawk is already set at 15%)
    I've been wondering about that, because I saw everyone say it was live and kept checking my tooltip wondering what the heck happened. Well, don't I feel silly now! >.<
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-22 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    The ginnue pigg and the turtle , they look...like a spirit beast ? new pets ? finaly?

So to get this clear. Hunter's mark is added on the targets from our skills (arcane, kill command) just like it did with the glyph, but now does it without a glyph?

To Above: The turtle is a boss called Tortos I believe, just scroll down a bit and you see the name of all the bosses.

The beaver is called "Thunder Beaver" - And I hope to god it's a pet! The Porcupine also seems to be a Spirit Beast.