Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Am I the only one not liking the new tier? I mean the look is just fine, but why are the shoulders in another color than the rest of the set? It just makes it looks like they opened a box of crayons and let a dog go to town on coloring their design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blizzard balances classes around representation
    10H
    priest 48000 13%
    paladin 47000 12.7%
    druid 45000 12.2%
    shaman 38000 10.3%
    dk 32000 8.6%
    mage 30000 8.1%
    warrior 30000 8.1%
    warlock 28000 7.6%
    hunter 27000 7.3%
    monk 25000 6.8%
    rogue 20000 5.4%
    total 370k

25H
    priest 41000 12.3%
    paladin 39000 11.7%
    druid 37000 11.1%
    shaman 35000 10.5%
    mage 30000 9%
    warlock 27000 8.1%
    hunter 26000 7.8%
    warrior 26000 7.8%
    dk 25000 7.5%
    rogue 23000 6.9%
    monk 23000 6.9%
    total 332k

Your theory doesn't work. Warriors, warlocks and hunters aren't the most represented classes.
    Could be said that fury and affliction is too strong but that still doesn't explain why hunters are getting a nerf and 0 buffs. Replacing one mandatory glyph with another is also an awesome idea.

If 5.2 stayed as is, mop would become the worse hunter xpack ever. We got to average with SrS buff and now other classes would just jump over us again.
    Warlocks are better represented than hunters... Shaman are going to do more dps than a hunter... Soon there will be more dwarf priests than total hunter population...

T15 marks the 15th straight Hunter set to be ugly as hell, while lots of other classes continue to get awesome designs (druid T15 is so good).

Nice QOL changes with the BW and HM stuff.

I don't care if the disengage heal glyph is mandatory, I am absolutely ecstatic any time Hunter's get a new self heal of any kind.

Silencing shot cooldown change isn't really a big deal.

Powershot is a retarded ability anyway and I wouldn't use it regardless of any "bug". I wholeheartedly want that talent scrapped completely and replaced with something brand new.

Overall I'm just pumped for the QOL changes and new self heal, so this is a good patch as far as I'm concerned. It's very likely not over yet anyway. MM hunter have gone extinct so I'm sure Blizzard will throw that spec a bone at some point, either 5.2 or 5.3.

Deleted
    With regards to the new pet 'Direhorn' anyone seen this on WoWhead:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137798

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    T15 marks the 15th straight Hunter set to be ugly as hell, while lots of other classes continue to get awesome designs (druid T15 is so good).
    Yeah, I'm not sure who designs Hunter sets but they seem determined to follow the mandate: "Make it look like a really stupid comic book character or action figure from 1983".

Thankfully most raids drop clone copies of Shaman mail, which looks like actual armor most of the time. So farming + transmog can give you... almost a real tier set.

Or you can just be a nerd like me and xmog everything into my Vanilla-style bikini mail and run around pretending you were raised by gorillas in Stranglethorn :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cejissax View Post
    I feel like i'm missing a really big point. What is the reason that Powershot can't be designed like Glaive Toss in that you target a mob or player, cast your powershot and it hits it? Having a skill shot in a game like WoW seems terrible -especially- for a talent that is used in pvp that has a cast time.
    The point you're missing is that Glaive Toss works in exactly the same way, it just hurts us less because it has no cast time, can be cast while you're moving and has a short CD.

I don't get the discussion on this page, did I miss something?
    How are we getting nerfed in PvE exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    10H

Your theory doesn't work. Warriors, warlocks and hunters aren't the most represented classes.
    Could be said that fury and affliction is too strong but that still doesn't explain why hunters are getting a nerf and 0 buffs. Replacing one mandatory glyph with another is also an awesome idea.
    He was talking PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    We aren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Everyone below us is getting buffed. We don't get anything so far. So we'll be bottom of the pool again like the first 2months of mop.
    It's also not a bad idea to shoot some silencing shots on fights like SK and protectors which we can now do even less.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    Everyone below us is getting buffed. We don't get anything so far. So we'll be bottom of the pool again like the first 2months of mop.
    It's also not a bad idea to shoot some silencing shots on fights like SK and protectors which we can now do even less.
    Stop spouting out random knee-jerk reactions, not 'everyone' below is getting buffed.

I think the new hunter tier looks ugly as hell. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    Am I the only one not liking the new tier? I mean the look is just fine, but why are the shoulders in another color than the rest of the set? It just makes it looks like they opened a box of crayons and let a dog go to town on coloring their design.
    Remember that it's datamined from a release that's not even live on PTR yet. It may just be a mistake in the rendering.

Also, the Saurok Hunter look isn't bad, but I'm still holding out for a Mantid Hunter tier.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Remember that it's datamined from a release that's not even live on PTR yet. It may just be a mistake in the rendering.

Also, the Saurok Hunter look isn't bad, but I'm still holding out for a Mantid Hunter tier.
    I'm guessing that's why the blue set has a chest piece that exposes one's tummy. :P

So, anyone see the new posts on the main page?
    You say you want talent options for PvP, yet every Hunter has Silencing Shot, Blink Strike, and Glaive Toss.
    "Silencing is too good vs. the alternatives. The Glaive Toss problem is that Power Shot isn't reliable enough. Can fix both."
    New changes coming?

A skillshot should be like Divine Star, where it fires in front of you and you have to aim it. It should not require a target. If it requires a target, it should act like every other targeted ability.

If Powershot was a 2-second cast that was "You charge up a massive arrow after two seconds that fires in a straight line in front of you for 30 yards, damaging and knocking back every target struck" then it would be fine - you could aim it by turning one way or another, and even aim for where people are running if they're running sideways from you. This way it would be even more skill oriented.

Having an ability just miss if the opponent strafes when they see you casting the ability, with no chance of you being able to outplay them, is just un-fun.

It would be fun to predict which way someone might try to dodge, and if they make the projectile wide enough, a small turn of your camera angle could result in a widely differing angle of attack.

Just make it do less damage to each target it strikes beyond the first (to keep it in line with Barrage and Glaive Toss and their "double damage to the primary target" stipulations).

None of this "It's a skill shot, but requires a target and has no actual counterplay on your part if you try to use it except for using it on targets already rooted or stunned or else it's wasted completely".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    None of this "It's a skill shot, but requires a target and has no actual counterplay on your part if you try to use it except for using it on targets already rooted or stunned or else it's wasted completely".
    And even then it might not work. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    And even then it might not work. :p
    Well, that part they did say was a known bug ;P