Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2nd wind and shockwave nerfed

Second Wind Whenever you are below 35% health,you regenerate 2% health per second.

Shockwave (Arms) Causing damage to 3 or more targets lowers the cooldown of the next Shockwave by 20 sec.40 sec cooldown.

these are the latest round of nerfs for warriors.i wonder if the -healing debuff will still apply to 2nd wind after this nerf?the change to shock wave is just dumb,40 sec cd,good luck sticking to a target now.whats even worse no buff for bladestorm.

i do not think there is a new warrior ability in mop that has not been nerfed,and thats why i dont play this game any more.i think these two new nerfs will really hurt warriors.after the last round of nerfs warriors were ina good spot,but this is over kill.when blizz nerfs cd stacking warriors will be back to cata bad "worst in game".first blizz nerfs burst,then utility and self healing,cd stacking is all that is left.this pattern seems familiar "cata"?lol.

Thank you idiotic developers. Instead of nerfing it for PvP alone. Oh no guess what, we are to lazy so just change it in general.....

Well, didn't see THAT one coming, though I can maybe see where this was going from. Our mobility is just over the top, and we can just chain PHowl/Hamstring StagShout the shit out of people. And its 10 seconds more than, for example Hammer of Justice, cos its aoe and it also deals damage. Yeah, I can live with that.

And as for Second Wind - admit it, it was just too good. But for Prots it will be a pretty nasty nerf.
    Last edited by Smag; 2012-12-22 at 02:22 AM.

Man so much nerf :-< .
    As so many have predicted, they nerf the wrong stuff and warriors still remain strong, then they nerf some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shockwave change is very messy, since now you have to double-check yourself whenever you use it — "Wait! This will definitely hit 3 right?", avoid it on 2-mob pulls, etc etc. Not a fan of this solution at all since it's adding unnecessary chaff to a really iconic and fun ability.

I think they're bowing a little too much to community pressure about Warriors. When you start messing with my Shockwave, you just cross a line, you know?

Well glad that I will never have to justify again not picking shockwave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    And as for Second Wind - admit it, it was just too good. But for Prots it will be a pretty nasty nerf.
    Yeah it was too good for dueling in front of [insert faction capital].
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I think they're bowing a little too much to community pressure
    I am honestly astonished that recklessness is still usable with another avatar and banner. Probably just missed that.

Ouch. Don't hurt my PvE D: Gonna have to respecc to Dragon Roar for single target bosses now (prot), Shockwave will be fucking worthless. Not that it was that great, but...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping that Shockwave will be reverted for Prot Wars, wish the damage of it would have just been cut for Arms and Fury.

Still not too keen on Enraged Regen, either.

That's a really ugly nerf to shockwave in PvE environments, making it borderline useless. It already dealt less damage than Dragon Roar and now they doubled the cooldown of it? I was okay with it being slightly worse than Dragon Roar because it brought me control, both over trash and boss adds. I'm speaking from protection's point of view.
    Why couldn't they just have made it trigger a 40 sec cooldown if it hit another player?

Also, with the buff to Storm Bolt, I wouldn't be surprised if it bypassed even Avatar and Bloodbath now.

And I still will not even think about taking Enraged Regeneration as it's just a 10% instant heal slapped on Second Wind with a 60 second cooldown and a 30 rage cost.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2012-12-22 at 02:59 AM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Grats again to all you people in PVP who cant deal with a PVP problem. Thanks again for getting stuff nerfed in PVE.

Really getting sick of PVP nerfs affecting PVE. 2nd wind+ def stance + die by the sword was not an issue in PVE. Not need for it to be altered outside of PVP
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Don't want to sound harsh but I do not understand how Blizzard Developers thought that giving a class a 4 second AOE stun with an 20 second cooldown which also deals damage to every spec would be a good idea in the first place. It was perfectly fine to me when it used to be a Defense only perk, but being freely avaiable to every warrior was simply overkilling.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post

Also, with the buff to Storm Bolt, I wouldn't be surprised if it bypassed even Dragon Roar now.
    SB is on the same tier as Avatar and BB not Dragon Roar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    Don't want to sound harsh but I do not understand how Blizzard Developers thought that giving a class a 4 second AOE stun with an 20 second cooldown which also deals damage to every spec would be a good idea in the first place. It was perfectly fine to me when it used to be a Defense only perk, but being freely avaiable to every warrior was simply overkilling.
    Nail - head.

About time warriors got some of their control taken off them. Yeah it sucks for PvE and maybe should have just been changed for PvP purposes, but I for one am sick and tired of being stuck in a flurry of warrior crowd control in PvP, it's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

You arms warriors managed without Shockwave for long enough, you can manage once again.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    SB is on the same tier as Avatar and BB not Dragon Roar
    I meant to write Avatar and Bloodbath, don't know why I wrote Dragon Roar.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    I sort of agree on this wasn't a good plan in the first place. This whole merging iconic abilities into a talent tree so every spec could have them never hit my taste but I don't know who was retarded enough to put shockwave in a damage dealing tier.

Deleted
    Shockwave was the most ridiculous ability in the game, we all knew it would get nerfed.

Long aoe stun with a short cooldown, that requires no targeting, no ramp up and ALSO does damage? You are deluded if you think this was fine.

It's still going to be exactly the same in places where you NEED it. Like trash pulls, big add pulls and challenge modes.

Second wind was also retarded. It seems when people play something that is extremely overpowered for a long time, they become so accustomed to it, that they believe that is how it's supposed to be. Glad these adjustements are being done, it's not overkill by any means.

Don't really care if I sound like "that guy" or not but this change to Second Wind is nothing but further support in my decision to wash my hands of this game. I'm fed up with Blizzard taking the lazy road and hampering PvE so that there is less outrage over PvP.

I understand that there are elements which make PvP extremely fustraiting and I don't really hold it against the player base up until a point, but this is 6 fucking years not of constant back peddling on Blizzards part to quell PvP anger while giving the middle finger to PvE players.

I honestly hope they get Titan right from the fucking start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Second wind was also retarded. It seems when people play something that is extremely overpowered for a long time, they become so accustomed to it, that they believe that is how it's supposed to be. Glad these adjustements are being done, it's not overkill by any means.
    Actually I think in this case it was the opposite - people were quite accustomed to 95% of the warriors being victims which caused all the "community uproar".

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I honestly hope they get Titan right from the fucking start.
    I certainly wouldn't bet money on it given their track record on recent titles.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Actually I think in this case it was the opposite - people were quite accustomed to 95% of the warriors being victims which caused all the "community uproar".

I certainly wouldn't bet money on it given their track record on recent titles.
    Which is why it won't potentially see a dime of my money for at least the first year of it's life.

On topic: I'd be less angry if the WoW community on both sides even remotely exuded some sense of maturity. The PvE side should have been more supportive of a change and with this the PvP side should be more vocal about it going to far in effecting PvE. Alas, I live in a fantasy world.