Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Agreed. Why hurt my PvE because of PvP? Stop being lazy and solve the problem, Blizzard. We are not stupid, we can understand two different mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Agreed. Why hurt my PvE because of PvP? Stop being lazy and solve the problem, Blizzard. We are not stupid, we can understand two different mechanics.
    The funny thing is, they think we are. "We do not want to have players memorize 2 different sets of abilities. that would be confusing"
    like, seriously blizzard? (not actual quote but it's similar to something they've said.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    The funny thing is, they think we are. "We do not want to have players memorize 2 different sets of abilities. that would be confusing"
    like, seriously blizzard? (not actual quote but it's similar to something they've said.)
    To the absolute mouth breathers and tunnelers it would be confusing but that is blizzards target audience it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What's even more annoying is things like CC have been like that ages. And the world did not end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    You guys ever think that it's a technical limitation that blocks them from dynamically basing Shockwave's cooldown on PVP? When you use an ability, the cooldown instantly starts. It's possible that it's impossible to change the cooldown after the game sees Shockwave hit a player.
    It's true they could have just halved the damage and stun of it against players if the frequency of it was the problem, but then you lose a lot of the utility of the stun itself, so that's probably why they did this.
    They have the intention to make the CD change depending on the number of targets it hits. I don't see how it's different for the type of the target. It's bad design to put this condition and they know it. Should not leave PTR like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    You guys ever think that it's a technical limitation that blocks them from dynamically basing Shockwave's cooldown on PVP?
    AFAIK Hunter's Kill Shot first invokes its natural Cooldown and then changes if the Target isn't killed. So I guess it would be possible to check for Player Targets first and THEN leave the Cooldown at 40 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    The Shockwave change is very messy, since now you have to double-check yourself whenever you use it — "Wait! This will definitely hit 3 right?", avoid it on 2-mob pulls, etc etc. Not a fan of this solution at all since it's adding unnecessary chaff to a really iconic and fun ability.

I think they're bowing a little too much to community pressure about Warriors. When you start messing with my Shockwave, you just cross a line, you know?
    It will likely be a DPS loss to use it on 1 or 2 targets now anyway. You will probably get more damage with the shield slam and revenge buff to waste a GCD on shockwave (1-2 targets). Even if they are on CD you will probably gain more by fishing for procs with Devastate.

Solution : Replace shockwave talent with throwdown(maybe with a smaller cd than cata). Make shockwave baseline for prot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, atleast its PTR and not a hotfix. If people provide enough feedback things might (just maybe) get changed. Il be pissed if this 2nd wind change affects soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Nail - head.

About time warriors got some of their control taken off them. Yeah it sucks for PvE and maybe should have just been changed for PvP purposes, but I for one am sick and tired of being stuck in a flurry of warrior crowd control in PvP, it's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

You arms warriors managed without Shockwave for long enough, you can manage once again.
    every new ability warriors have gotten in mop has been nerfed,so your wrong.and shock wave is the only cc a warrior has now.and no change is not a CC,but rather a gap closer.

lets add this up shall we?
    avatar nerf, heroic throw nerf,2nd wind nerf, taste for blood nerf,shock wave nerf,HL gylph nerf, shall i keep going?to me we are looking like the same shitty ass class we were at the end of cata.the only difference is that we have better burst "for now".blizz has nerfed/strip all the utility away since mop started.we actually have less utility/control now then we did in cata. both improved hamstring and herioc throw slince "both available in cata" are now out of the game. like i said i thought warriors were in a good spot after the last round of nerfs,this new ones are just over kill.

no buff to Bladestrom lmfao.and wtf is bliss deal with adding a slow to warbringer and we have it on a glyph for HS?i mean wtf just bake hamstring in with MS already and be done with it.its not like hamstring has a root anymore.

2nd wind nerfed, and impending victory/enraged regen not touched.... im getting scared now.

Nerfs and nerfs... just keep em coming, the more that happens, the more convinced i am to not hop on my warrior toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    It will likely be a DPS loss to use it on 1 or 2 targets now anyway. You will probably get more damage with the shield slam and revenge buff to waste a GCD on shockwave (1-2 targets). Even if they are on CD you will probably gain more by fishing for procs with Devastate.
    Yeah, well Shockwave was mediocre for that anyway, IMO.

The thing is, Prot's AoE is abysmal. It holds threat, but it sucks from a play perspective. It consists of:
    - Spam Thunder Clap on cooldown
    - hope you talented Shockwave

But I didn't mind that much compared to the nutter amusement of Blood's completely lunatic AoE, or Paladin's always-something-to-press, or Brewmaster's pyromaniac firestorms + lolspinning, or... whatever bears do, since I want to be a soldier, not a glorified Hunter Tenacity pet — Anyway I didn't mind Prot's simplistic AoE because Shockwave is just badass.

Put another way: Shockwave is obviously overpowered in the sense of being an extremely versatile, infinitely-scaling 4-second stun. But it's really fun to line it up spatially, as well as the ability to use it for both small, but nasty pulls as well as massive swarms. In a lot of ways, Shockwave's ability to serve so many purposes helps compensate Prot's otherwise "lol Thunder Clap" play. The damage is whatever, it's the really firm sense of control it lends to Prot Warrior trashing.

So, yes, I admit I'm throwing a bit of a tantrum here because I've loved the ability forever and I don't want it weighed down with an awful mechanic like this. Based on past experience, this is one of those changes that seems innocent on the surface ("Just don't use it on 2 mobs! Whee") but becomes uglier and uglier in practice as you start noticing all the places you're consciously avoiding a button so you don't nerf yourself.

Not to mention I can already see: "My Shockwave cooldown hit 5 mobs but didn't get reduced." bugs popping up all over because some add is a special butterfly coding-wise or whatever.

Honestly, I'm usually pretty laid-back about patch changes. But this one rubs me in the most thoroughly wrong way. It's hard to explain. One of those things that seems innocuous, but you just know it's wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    i remember in wrath win warriors bladestormed people ran away, now people stand it and giggle lol
    like i have said many times-any good/powerful ability warriors get,blizz nerfs it and makes it almost worthless.there is not one single warrior ability in game that has not been nerfed.everyhting from hamstring to HL and MS have all been nerfed.hell even our armour and hit points/rage have all been nerfed.this type of shit is why i do not play this shit game any more.blizz gives warriors some good ability's at the start of an x-pax get you to buy the game.then after launch,bang nerf everything and fuck off.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Solution : Replace shockwave talent with throwdown(maybe with a smaller cd than cata). Make shockwave baseline for prot.
    if blizz did that,how could they say warriors got anything new in mop?

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    2nd wind nerfed, and impending victory/enraged regen not touched.... im getting scared now.

Nerfs and nerfs... just keep em coming, the more that happens, the more convinced i am to not hop on my warrior toon.
    nerfing the only good talents we have is how blizz "makes the other talents more viable".they nerf 2nd wind to make enraged regen look better,see how that works?

i dotn care wtf people say,warriors needed a few nerfs at the start of mop but this is over kill.we were more or less balanced after the last round of nerfs,now they are just trying to gut us.either way,warriors were not so far a head of every other class that blizz needed to nerf every god dam ability we got in mop.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-12-22 at 04:21 PM.

Welcome to the Ima OP warrior in this xpac that has to much mobility combined with to much damage and to much control and now I wanna QQ cuz Blizz is fixing my broke ass toon waaaaaa waaaaa boo hoo waaaa!

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-23 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    Welcome to the Ima OP warrior in this xpac that has to much mobility combined with to much damage and to much control and now I wanna QQ cuz Blizz is fixing my broke ass toon waaaaaa waaaaa boo hoo waaaa!
    It's not really too bad, we are still going to be strong. I'm going to use enregen and stormbolt still have my control and still able to sit my happy ass in D stance and laugh my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    nerfing the only good talents we have is how blizz "makes the other talents more viable".they nerf 2nd wind to make enraged regen look better,see how that works?
    Good point, as long as there isn't an obvious talent i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    It's not really too bad, we are still going to be strong. I'm going to use enregen and stormbolt still have my control and still able to sit my happy ass in D stance and laugh my ass off.
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure the nerfs are not gonna kill the class 1% less heal and a 20 sec CD on an OP stun seems legit to me.

Much needed changes. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Warriors were too OP, now they will be a little more balanced with the rest of us. Stop QQ'ing, you will survive. Shockwave needed to be nerfed huge, was WAYYYYYYYYY to OP/frequent. I should be able to at least get 1 cast off before I hit 30%HP.

While I agree that Shockwave was too good for Arms, I do not understand why they add such a stupid mechanic in order to reduce the cooldown.

Add a new passive to protection called something silly like Crowd controller that reduces the cooldown by 20 seconds. Done. Nerf for PvP Arms as intended, no change to Protection PvE ( unless Protection PvP was overpowered aswell? )

again, the wrong things are addressed -

no penalty in staying in D stance
    shockwave still 50k+ noncrits, physical, aoe.