Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While that sounds really awesome, I can't imagine they'd let it hit even the PTR before severely weakening it. Sacrifice 20% of your damage to do 160% damage? Another 20 to do 240%? Another 20 to do 160% again because why not? (<- noob check) And they last until the target is dead? Like an entire 10 minute boss battle?
    1 monk = 100%
    1 monk + 1 elemental = (100%-20%) X 2 = 160%
    1 monk + 2 elementals = (100%-20%-20%) X 3 = 60% X 3 = 180%

"The Monk can split into up to 2 elemental monks at a time. " No third elemental.

Not a big deal on power. THE DURATION might get them OP in bosses: "The elemental warriors will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies."

I dont understand this ability.

So basically every monk will run around with 2 copies of itself all the time.

Why not just buff our dmg?

This seems stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    I dont understand this ability.

So basically every monk will run around with 2 copies of itself all the time.

Why not just buff our dmg?

This seems stupid.
    It obviously won't attack your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    It obviously won't attack your target.
    Not sure why you say that.

Regardless even with 1 target it would be a dps loss not to use them.

If I wanted to play a pet class I would be a hunter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Not sure why you say that.

Regardless even with 1 target it would be a dps loss not to use them.

If I wanted to play a pet class I would be a hunter...
    What do you mean? The wording of the ability (not to mention common sense) heavily implies that you will not be able to benefit from the ability when there is only one target active.

What do you mean? The wording of the ability (not to mention common sense) heavily implies that you will not be able to benefit from the ability when there is only one target active.
    Not it doesn't. It states that when the target dies it resets. It's implied as completely Single Target.

I read it again, and it seems ambiguous.

Storm, Earth and Fire
    40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires level 87
    The Monk splits, summoning an elemental monks to attack the target. The Monk can split into up to 2 elemental monks at a time.

Whenever the Monk deals damage, the elemental monks will deal equal damage to their targets. However, for each elemental warrior summoned the Monks own damage will be reduced by 20%.

The elemental warriors will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies.
    Just says "the target" and "their target" which could mean each has a different target, their meaning each one has their own. Or it could just mean the thing that each copy is targeting at the time.

Regardless I am probably just butt-hurt as my guild has made me tank instead of dps from now on. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Not it doesn't. It states that when the target dies it resets. It's implied as completely Single Target.
    It states that when "their" target dies they despawn. It's not a hard concept mate, you target an enemy that's not going to be your main target such as another leg on garalon or garalon himself. From that point onwards any damage done to another target is done by the spirit(s), until their target dies and then they despawn. If you honestly think this ability will be usable for a single target you're delusional.

Not that it really matters, you'll see in a weeks time when the PTR build is put up. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up because this ability will not be a single target DPS increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a shaman ability.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    warcraft monks are shamans who learned kung fu. they use lightning, earth, wind, water (mists are water), fire... and flowers.

oh, and they also summon a feral spirit (except that theirs is very specific, it`s xuen lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Someone didn't play Warcraft 3.

By the way I hope they use the Warcraft 3 icon.
    But I guess non pandaren monk might complain.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-12-24 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post

They can go suck a lemon. Pandaren are the ones who taught them how to be monks.

If it was not meant to be used on single target fights they could have made the mechanics a lot more simple than the one they used. It seems it was made complicated so it could be used in either single or multiple targets . Also seems to be nice a nice tool for pvp since dps monks are garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    If it was not meant to be used on single target fights they could have made the mechanics a lot more simple than the one they used. It seems it was made complicated so it could be used in either single or multiple targets . Also seems to be nice a nice tool for pvp since dps monks are garbage
    Sure they could have made it bladeflurry 2.0, but I much prefer the idea of summoning clones for a cleave.
    Could wording be cleaned up? Sure. But this isnt being tested yet afaik, and Im sure it will be in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post

Which brings another question, what will the spell look like visually? I guess it'll not create mini-pandaren with elemental textures like WC3 version because that wouldn't really make any sense for non-pandaren monks. But I don't believe Blizzard would make specific textures or models for every possible monk race either. I'm amazed this hasn't been datamined yet, I guess we'll have to wait for PTR to go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it could be a really cool cleave ability. Hope it makes it to live!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Wwhat will the spell look like visually?
    I figured it would be something like the effect from Ai-Li's Skymirror so just a shimmery clone of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which brings another question, what will the spell look like visually? I guess it'll not create mini-pandaren with elemental textures like WC3 version because that wouldn't really make any sense for non-pandaren monks. But I don't believe Blizzard would make specific textures or models for every possible monk race either. I'm amazed this hasn't been datamined yet, I guess we'll have to wait for PTR to go up.
    Now you've got my imagination running.

Probably a copy of your character with a coloring.
    Think how your character gets transparent during the engi gloves; give that a red tint, and maybe one "air-ish".
    That's what I'm figuring anyways.

Deleted
    In my mind I see a couple of copies of us with the old Tiger Deck proc before they changed it, kind of spectral but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Common sense dictates that this is clearly not intended to be used all the time as the class changes that we have received are already a dps buff adding another 20% for the sake of it seems incredibly unlikely, not to mention everything on a ptr is subject to change. It's my feeling that they have been working on this for a while, which would explain the complete lack of proper feedback regarding the cleave issue, which we have been raising since ptr, so I hope it's a fairly well developed idea that just needs a little tweaking. It certainly would make monk a unique melee class instead of what we are now which is kind of meh in terms of uniqueness.