Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    If this does make it into game, I'd bet on the spirits being unable to deal damage to the same target as you, and for it probably to be weakened too. It seriously just looks like a cleave ability to me, something WW is sorely lacking.
    I hope so. Even in my casual guild, I was asked to go Mistweaver and DPS on Garalon so a tank could also go DPS as he'd actually cleave. It worked but it was such an odd thing to have to do because on that fight even a rogue I'd leave in the Dust single-target DPS-wise was much more preferable to Windwalker on that fight. Simply could not keep up with multi-dotting classes and cleaving warriors, shamans, DKs, etc.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Oh. My. God.

DO WANT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While that sounds really awesome, I can't imagine they'd let it hit even the PTR before severely weakening it. Sacrifice 20% of your damage to do 160% damage? Another 20 to do 240%? Another 20 to do 160% again because why not? (<- noob check) And they last until the target is dead? Like an entire 10 minute boss battle?
    Yeah about the math part, lets see :

1 clone = you now do 80% damage. So you + clone = 160% overall damage.
    2 clones = you now do 60% damage. So you + clones = 180% overall damage.

When you think about it, its fairly consistant with other cleaves that exist in the game. It may need tweaking for sure, because it seems to be better than sweeping strikes or blade furry (after PTR changes).

It doesn't seem to be a talent. I wonder if it'll replace Transcendence, either all together or it's getting bumped to another level or as a talent.

I hope it isn't WW specific, I'd like to use it as BM, even if it's extra damage. This sounds extremely cool.

Finally this will make me want to level my monk haha.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Well hello there old iconic ability, would you kindly make it to live? Please...? =)

NPC abilities don't have level requirements

Deleted
    It's in the official notes.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-note-preview/

It's happening.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2012-12-22 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Well hello there old iconic ability, would you kindly make it to live? Please...? =)
    without too many nerfs please.

Always loved this ability on the brewmaster hero.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    It's in the official notes.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-note-preview/

It's happening.
    It ain't happening 'till the patch is out and the ability isn't nerfed to the ground or removed entirely on account of it being too hard to balance numbers etc. I want this in game for sure but I wouldn't say 'oh yeah they're defo going to include this'. Just seems like Blizzard are toying with ideas for monk cleaves as others have mentioned the necessity for right now. It's PTR, not release-ready just yet.

Also it's for lv87 so I imagine it's a typical ability everyone gets in their leveling; and it will either replace or be learned alongside Transcendance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its happening yes...yes yes! Omg

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 05:42 AM ----------

My mind is a buzzing and a giggling with everything that monk is getting OH MY GOD!

YES YES...I'm going to F*cking FAINT!

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 05:44 AM ----------

I just braingasmed everywhere!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monk's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.

(Latest version from the official notes) - seems like the datamined one is probably a previous iteration. Seems like the total is 120% for any spirits + the monk but they only copy abilities meaning it should be a DPS loss on single target as intended. Also windwalker only and as a level 75 skill, doesn't replace transcendence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Through multiple readings, I'm still seeing this as a flat 20% damage boost regardless of target number.

Doesn't say "cant attack the monks target", so summoning 1 elemental will have you and the clone both doing 60% damage and summoning two will have all doing 40%, adding up to 120% each time.

So you can summon a single clone on, say, a two boss fight, or both clones on a three-boss fight, or both clones on a two-boss fight, or one clone on a three-boss fight, or one or two clones on a one-boss fight... and you'll end up doing the same damage.

Even on shared-HP council fights, you'll end up with the net boost of 20% and no more, due to your own damage being siphoned into your elementals.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Through multiple readings, I'm still seeing this as a flat 20% damage boost regardless of target number.

Doesn't say "cant attack the monks target", so summoning 1 elemental will have you and the clone both doing 60% damage and summoning two will have all doing 40%, adding up to 120% each time.

So you can summon a single clone on, say, a two boss fight, or both clones on a three-boss fight, or both clones on a two-boss fight, or one clone on a three-boss fight, or one or two clones on a one-boss fight... and you'll end up doing the same damage.

Even on shared-HP council fights, you'll end up with the net boost of 20% and no more, due to your own damage being siphoned into your elementals.
    Tooltip specifies abilities, so it probably won't copy autos.

Hell friggin yes

I... I've wanted this ability for so long... I can't believe this is happening.

I'm crying.

Windwalker monks specifically lacked any bonus versus 2 or 3 targets. The way this is worded, they want to give us a +20% cleave bonus against either 2 or 3 targets to fill in the gap that exists.

I'm sure the ability isn't even implemented yet and it's just in the alpha stage, which is why based on the description it sounds like we would use it 100% of the time for single target. But I highly doubt that, otherwise why would we have the choice to summon 1 or 2? Why would we have the choice to "cancel" the ability (like rogues can cancel Blade Flurry)?

What blows my mind is the fact that we will potentially be the only melee with a "multidot" style damage increase. For example, on Will of the Emperor none of the melee can cleave if they're on one of the bosses, while the ranged sit in the middle and multidot. This is balanced by Opportunity Strikes. Windwalkers can potentially put an elemental mirror on the other boss and get the best of both worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While that sounds really awesome, I can't imagine they'd let it hit even the PTR before severely weakening it. Sacrifice 20% of your damage to do 160% damage? Another 20 to do 240%? Another 20 to do 160% again because why not? (<- noob check) And they last until the target is dead? Like an entire 10 minute boss battle?

Seriously though, even if Windwalker had no other changes, this would single-handedly make them the strongest DPS class in the game. Mistweaver would have the Eminence of a Disc Priest on Captain Cookie. Brewmaster would never lose threat to anyone. Not even another tank.
    For starters, this is WW only, not BrM/MW. The second thing is that it actually only increases your dps by 20%, and it "splits" your dps- If you have 2, both you and the add will do 60% of normal damage, 3, 40% of normal damage (Or 120% normal damage total). There is also the question of how easy it is to control- if its a "fire and forget" kinda thing, or if it uses Guardian UI, or any number of things, it can easily turn into "crappy ability that is good in THEORY but sucks in PRACTICE".

For instance, lets say this is an on/off sorta thing- you use it, and it attacks the target until the target dies, you can't change its target without resummoning it, and it lasts until the target is dead. On a single-target boss fight with no switching, this is an obvious dps increase, we do 20% more damage, although you won't see big numbers. However, lets say we have Elegon- this raises the skill cap. You can, with keeping an eye on this, have 20% extra damage on each add, but since switching happens so often, youll have to direct it like a pet (Tanks generally have to help out our pet classes, because thier pets tend to durp and attack the boss rather then swapping to the energies). There is also the chance that you have to manually resummon it for each new add, which will REALLY raise the skillcap.

For PvP, a good question is, can the spirit's be damaged/CC'd? This would actually cause us to become REALLY interesting- we could spread out our damage amongst 2-3 targets, and easily swap focus onto any single one.

Either way, what it sounds like is a 20% damage increase single target, and the option to split that damage between 2-3 targets, thus causing TRUE "cleave"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I was considering switching from a BrM to Prot Pally because I didn't enjoy the lack of CD's and cleaves while dpsing (WW). Now, I can't wait for 5.2 in Jan. Happy Holidays!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..