Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how it will coincide alongside the new raids. By that I mean will it make the current tier's gear completely redundant or try to exist alongside them?
    It's a new tier. This means T15 gear will replace T14 gear, even if you fully upgraded your T14 gear.

On topic, I wouldn't call 13 huge. I'd call that "should be average."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's a new tier. This means T15 gear will replace T14 gear, even if you fully upgraded your T14 gear.

rofl, what. I'd call 12+ pretty damn huge for a SINGLE instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Silly post of the day goes to this guy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Hey, people said they want around 12 bosses in a tier.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

13 + 1 worldboss is not "huge", it's exactly what it needs to be.
    No more Fireland or Dragon Soul... EVER !

10+ Year Old Account
    Twin Consorts - models of mogu ladies at last?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Wait...so would this make the largest raid in terms of bosses?
    Karazhan had 16 (in total, you couldn't fight them all cuz some were random) and Naxx had 15. So not the most, but still a hefty amount.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2012-12-22 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Twin Consorts - models of mogu ladies at last?[COLOR="red"]

Karazhan had 16 (in total, you couldn't fight them all cuz some were random) and Naxx had 15. So not the most, but still a hefty amount.
    Ah right, my mind is just blocked by awesomeness. Kind of forgot about Naxx, but I still love it though!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Ulduar which had 14, but honestly thought that it was a bit too many. With the LFR option it's easier to see them all, but back in Wrath that many bosses was a big challenge in clear.

I think 10-12 is the right amount. ICC wasn't as much fun to look around in, but the number of bosses felt good. Sounds like the Throne will have 12 normal mode bosses and 1 heroic mode only boss (yay, they're still doing those), so it might be just about perfect!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill make my decision when i get onto the ptr, but it looks like Blizzard is going all out this expansion. Losing nearly 3m players must have made them change which im happy about in the end.

Very excited about 12-13+ bosses, what a nice relief from the terrible small tiers we have had recently.

Also, let's get one thing straight: Blizzard has been trying for the last 2+ years to make the "next Ulduar"..... They haven't yet. Blizzard has a very, very, very different perception than the community (or, at least, the people who actually raided Ulduar when it was current) of what Ulduar was. Not saying it isn't possible, but if Blizzard says 5.2 is the "next Ulduar", they basically mean it is going to have around 12 bosses and all be in one zone.

This is Blizzard trying to keep people's interest in 5.2. Stop reading into it. People have been begging Blizzard for years to make the "next Ulduar".... and look at the raids we have gotten since then, especially during Cata. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I'm fairly confident Blizzard said that the older tiers are going to stay relevant, now that we also have LFR. For example, no new 5 mans to gear you up, meaning you need to do MSV to get into Heart of Fear, and Heart of Fear/Terrace to get into the Throne of Thunder.
    Yes but that doesn't really answer his question. Yes it will make current gear redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Puts it in the same neighborhood as Karazahn, Ulduar, Naxx, and ICC.

To be honest though, it doesn't matter how many bosses are in a single instance, what matters is how many bosses per tier, and 10+ has been relatively standard.

T1 - Ony+MC - 11 total
    T2 - BWL - 8 total
    T3 - Naxx - 15 total
    T4 - Karazahn + Gruul + Mag - 15 total
    T5 - SSC + TK - 10 total
    T6 - BT + Hyjal - 14 total
    T7 - Naxx again + eye + os - 17 total
    T8 - Ulduar - 14 total
    T9 - ToC - 5 total (lol)
    T10 - ICC - 12 total
    T11 - BWD + BoT + Tot4W - 13 total
    T12 - FL - 7 total
    T13 - DS - 8 total
    T14 - ToES + HoF + MV - 17 total

I didn't include original ZG (10 bosses), original ZA (6 bosses), AQ20 (6 bosses), AQ40 (9 bosses), Sunwell (6 bosses), or RS (1 boss). They could be rolled in with ZG joining T2, ZA joining T5, both AQs being treated as T2.5, Sunwell being T6, and RS joining T10. If these instances were included as such (T1-11, T2-18, T2.5 - 14, T3 - 15, T4 - 15, T5- 16, T6- 20, T7 - 17, T8 - 14, T9 - 5, T10 - 13, T11 - 13, T12 - 7, T13 - 8, T14 - 17), then 12 bosses would actually be on the small side for a tier, rather than average (average would be 14.5 per tier). It also illustrates just how poor the tier sizes in Cata were with T12 and 13 combined barely equalling most tiers and T11 still being smaller than average.

That aside, it is nice that they are going back to respectable tier sizes, assuming another Abyssal Depths fiasco doesn't occur.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I loved Ulduar which had 14, but honestly thought that it was a bit too many. With the LFR option it's easier to see them all, but back in Wrath that many bosses was a big challenge in clear.

I think 10-12 is the right amount. ICC wasn't as much fun to look around in, but the number of bosses felt good. Sounds like the Throne will have 12 normal mode bosses and 1 heroic mode only boss (yay, they're still doing those), so it might be just about perfect!
    You have an odd comparison there -

Ulduar - 4 sections - 13 bosses + 1 hardmode only boss (4 entrance, 3 transition, 4 keepers, 2 end bosses, 1 hm only)
    ICC - 5 sections - 12 bosses(4 entry, 3 plague, 2 blood, 2 frost, LK)

How does basically the same number of bosses divided in basically the same way feel right in ICC but too big in Ulduar?

And Ulduar wasn't a huge challenge to clear in Wrath because of the number of bosses. The bosses themselves were just more challenging than the previous tier (which had more bosses) and thus clears took more focus. You could still clear Ulduar in 1 night if you were just farming it, 2 if you mixed in progression on hard modes.
    Last edited by Kissme; 2012-12-22 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Forgot a few bosses, adjusted tier numbers

So apparently this Ra-Den dude is a heroic-only boss,i like that

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Likely a celestial being thingie just like Algalon well hopefully haha

They haven't stated one way or the other yet. Currently there is no way to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    How does basically the same number of bosses divided in basically the same way feel right in ICC but too big in Ulduar?
    They made it happen somehow.

Maybe you're right and the Ulduar bosses were just harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    They haven't stated one way or the other yet. Currently there is no way to tell.
    Heroic: Ra-den (New) Defeat Ra-den in Throne of Thunder.

Notice that his heroic achievement doesn't say in the description to kill him in heroic difficulty,meaning that it is his only difficulty

Heroic: Ra-den (New) Defeat Ra-den in Throne of Thunder.

Notice that his heroic achievement doesn't say in the description to kill him in heroic difficulty,meaning that it is his only difficulty
    Notice this is still PTR. Hell this isn't even up on the PTR yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Notice this is still PTR. Hell this isn't even up on the PTR yet.
    That is why i used apparantly in my original post

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Ulduar 2.0? Hoping for an Algalon-esque boss too.
    There is since all but one of these bosses has a normal mode achievement as well. One has a heroic only achievement.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.