Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    I can't believe BOTH the shadow bonuses are based around shadowy apps. Cap at 3, so 4pc is useless most of the time anyway. Not to mention how buggy they are and straight up dont work. They should just change them to spawn directly on top of whatever proc'd them and blow up immediately. They seem to bug out whenever their target disappears/goes untargetable/dies, and having them take 10-15 seconds to arrive at the target produces many opportunities for this to happen. If travel time was eliminated, maybe they wouldn't be so buggy and useless.

It's a crappy mechanic, I don't understand why they are pushing it so hard.
    I don't get why in WoW Blizz is giving every class some kind of (uncontrollable) pet. How on earth did they determine players WANT these mechanics?!?! If I want an uncontrollable pet I'll roll shaman and have fun with stupid totems. If I want a controllable pet I roll hunter. (It is nice locks have choice no pet now.) Its like SWTOR and Diablo 3 "pets" they just never listen to what you want to do. I much prefer the DK style: if you don't want a pet and want to be DPS you go roll frost, if you want pet and DPS you roll unholy. A simple choice (but even then they still got 2 pet based spells with CD).

The healer priests and shadow priest before Cata were relatively on the safe side with only sfiend. Healer priest still is, but shadow got apparitions and in MoP we also got 1 min mindbender talent (wouldn't wanna miss our friend for 2 more minutes now do we). But you know what I would be alright with? If the apparitions if they weren't so buggy. I bet if the healing ones decided to run to a person, and the person dies meanwhile (or bubble/HSes), they will run back to the priest and just stand there. They should go for a new target or keep retrying to get told, and at the very least they should just despawn and be replaced. Is it really so hard to program this? Esp in previous tier it was a nightmare due to tier piece bonus. I still have nightmares from Warmaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Whicker View Post
    Angelic Feather now has a 6 second duration (was 4 seconds).
    Body and Soul now has a 3 second duration (was 4 seconds).
    They need to stop promoting promoting other talents by nerfing the popular one and buffing the unpopular one. It only leads to flipping the situation around, and everyone just takes the other one while ignoring the old one.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    They need to stop promoting promoting other talents by nerfing the popular one and buffing the unpopular one. It only leads to flipping the situation around, and everyone just takes the other one while ignoring the old one.
    I agree completely. They do this to DPS specs as well, nerfing one spec/class to make another spec/class look more appealing. You see people on the US Forums ask for this everyday: "nerf that class so my class looks better". It is an odd type of culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Disc/Holy T-set boni is OP as fuck.
    Wat?

We don't really know how at what speed the healing apparitions will move but if it's anything like the shadow version the 4 set is basically useless, and will only result in overhealing. Considering that PoM isn't even worth casting over PoH most of the time (as disc) I suppose it's nice that the 2 set bonus makes it worthwhile again even if it isn't a huge hps increase.

The point is obviously to make both viable options, and I doubt this change will result in angelic feathers being picked more than body and soul, but they will be a viable option. Being able to mix up my talents/glyphs depending on the fight is, at least for me, fun.

Deleted
    Clearly no thought has been given towards shadow priests in PVP this is all PVE based and generally healing. Only thing i want to whine about is what a pointless nerf - Body & Soul - has received... 3 seconds down from 4... why because that second made a difference in 3-5 yards with a jump... clearly you need to take a look at shadow priests in PVP we struggle against more then 1 melee class in RBG and if there is a Warrior with skill generally we are a free kill.

Deleted
    A hymn of hope:

Shadow Priests have raised concerns about both of their T15 bonuses being tied to Shadowy Apparitions. Know that we have improved Shadowy Apparitions. Previously, there was a cap of 4 out at once. In build 16446, that’s raised to 5 if you have 2T15. However in the next build, we just raised the cap to 10, which you should basically never hit. And more importantly, we significantly improved their AI. Please try them out. If they give you problems, please be as specific as possible about those situations.

Deleted
    We don't care about their AI, this mechanic is dumb to start with, you can't do nothing about it. At least in cata it got increase proc chance when on the move, now its just some stupid random proc. TBH, it should just be gone and increase SWP base dmg to compensate this lame excuse for a mechanic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    We don't care about their AI
    We? Speak for yourself. I'm not fond of the mechanic either (and bad memories/experiences with it), but if the AI works better they're at least more useful which stabilizes DPS output. I should say mechanic as it is because I thoroughly enjoy the way mesmer execute abilities work in GW2 (tho the clones are not made due to RNG).

We also got to suck it up (or reroll/break/quit). Going to healer isn't safe anymore; they'll also be part of the clone wars now.

Of course Blizzard saying the AI got better doesn't tell us in which ways. Anyone got any PTR experience on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Anyone got any PTR experience on this one?
    They currently bug out and despawn after travelling ~15 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    They currently bug out and despawn after travelling ~15 yards.
    A vastly improved AI indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    - The Shadow 2pc does impact Shadow Word: Insanity, which we're working to resolve. It extends existing effects, preserving their same damage (not recalculating).
    Redesign Insanity. Problem solved. I don't understand the hesitation here.
    We did not buff PvP Power for healer damage as we did for DPS healing. However, we believe that Discipline specifically might need more damage. One potential solution is to nerf Atonement healing but raise damage so there is no net healing change.
    Maybe just remove the self-heal penalty instead of nerfing/buffing and trying to strike a balance.

The Healing 2pc causes each Prayer of Mending heal to heal for 10% more than the last; it’s multiplicative. 100%->110%->121%->133%->146%.
    Healing 2-peice is nice; even nicer for Holy, provided it works with Divine Insight.

- We are considering making the glyphs of Desperation and Inner Focus passive for Discipline.
    - We are considering giving Focused Will to Holy as well as Discipline.
    Long overdue.

PvP Power
    -- On live, PvP Power grants 0% healing to Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental. In the next 5.2 build, this number will be 25% (or half of what a healing spec gets). We agree that PvP healing feels too weak for these hybrid classes. We also don't think Shadow really needs this buff, so we will likely offset it in other ways.
    -- We are working on a blog (hopefully next week) to explain some of the other changes to PvP gear in 5.2. We hear your concerns and are trying to address them.
    Skeptical, but we'll see. We can't test PTR PvP because you don't make the Npc available to buy the gear free.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Redesign Insanity. Problem solved. I don't understand the hesitation here.
    Just because it gets "redesigned" does not mean it will be useful. It currently scales negatively with haste, which it will scale even worse with these set bonuses. They really just need to make it scale %dmg wise per tick.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Just because it gets "redesigned" does not mean it will be useful.
    Well hell, I'm willing to take that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    A hymn of hope:
    thats not hope , that doesnt fix the scaling issue , doesnt fix our ability to cast on the move , doesnt fix our mastery not scaling. It fixes the tier bonus to a level above not horrendously useless. If you want to call that "hope" , feel free i suppose.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Well hell, I'm willing to take that chance.
    I have too much experience dealing with blizzard to be naive. Expecially after dealing with this last past beta and all of the bugs/problems that were pointed put that they didn't fix. One being how sw;I scales negatively with haste.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I'm pretty pumped about the PvP changes, particularly the glyphs. Like holy crap, I get to actually play with stuff like Inner Fire and Reflective Shield now?! Still kind of BS that they aren't putting healer damage back on PvP power, though. That was never broken to begin with and apparently just got removed along with broken hybrid healing. There's no good reason why healers shouldn't be able to do moderate damage in PvP - or in dailies - but they seem intent on keeping it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    I There's no good reason why healers shouldn't be able to do moderate damage in PvP - or in dailies - but they seem intent on keeping it in game.
    I'd disagree. The price of a healers survivability against 2 dps should be reduced damage; simply because you wouldn't be able to kill a healer 1vs1 otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye
    I have too much experience dealing with blizzard to be naive.
    Come now, most of the time they overbuff :P

I'd disagree. The price of a healers survivability against 2 dps should be reduced damage; simply because you wouldn't be able to kill a healer 1vs1 otherwise.
    There's a comfortable middle ground. Healers shouldn't be able to do anywhere near the DPS of an actual DPS, but shouldn't do horribly low damage either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    There's a comfortable middle ground. Healers shouldn't be able to do anywhere near the DPS of an actual DPS, but shouldn't do horribly low damage either.
    We have an accord then, sir!

I'm pretty pumped about the PvP changes, particularly the glyphs. Like holy crap, I get to actually play with stuff like Inner Fire and Reflective Shield now?!
    Its still fucking bull shit that it's for disc only and once again not holy. Like really wtf

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Its still fucking bull shit that it's for disc only and once again not holy. Like really wtf
    Blizzard has no intention of making every single spec pvp viable. Holy Priest is one the specs that just is not going to be a genuine choice.