Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Being able to cast while channeling might be OP for us, on multi target fights, we could just fully dot everything and still be able to cast MFI. Blizz still hasn't announced if it is intended, the fact that mastery and haste doesn't work on it is proof that the spell is currently bugged.
    But DP being a full dot is good for PVE, not so much for pvp thought. At least blizzard is finally acknowledging SP has a dps/scaling problem on single target.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome news about MF:I! Thanks Drye

It's obviously still bugged if it isn't scaling with haste and mastery yet, but I could actually see the cast while channelling thing go live - because it really makes the talent viable and interesting; doubling MF's damage wouldn't cut it, but if its not competing for gcds then its awesome for low/no movement and single target fights (a good niche next to MB and FDCL).

DP losing its upfront damage is a pretty colossal pvp nerf, our burst or even our sustained wasn't the reason we were on teams though - so I don't really understand why they'd nerf that. It won't make Shatterplay or God Comp any worse - the burst comes off the mage in either case - but it will make all other comps using a shadowpriest worse - so it just makes our comp diversity even worse than it was (and it was like 90% Shadow/Fmage/Healer above 2400+ already). Odd thing to nerf.

Also, the Flash Heal nerf is curious as well. A 30% nerf to Flash Heal for Shadow means it heals for 70%, but with PvP power scaling for hybrids again at half the value it does for damage, a 50% pvp power in full pvp gear is perfectly common - so in PvP it will heal for 87.5% of what it does on live. In PvE, a Flash Heal nerf doesn't really matter too much - because most of our PvE healing is DP / PW: S / VE / level 90 talents. I guess the effect is that it's a 25% buff to ret and boomkin (and enh and ele) pvp healing, but they didn't want to also buff us at the same time, which is mostly understandable: a 20% nerf would have been sufficient though (then our current healing would stay the same but we wouldn't gain the benefit of the new pvp power hybrid-healing buff.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    but I could actually see the cast while channelling thing go live
    Imo it plays horrible.

MFI wouldn't really be a channel. It would be a 3 second DoT that requires a 100% uptime. Every 2nd button you press will be MFI, in between you cast MB/DP, refresh VT, else use SW:P. As DP lasts 6,3 seconds, you'd also clip one MFI to get over the MB cooldown.

Deleted
    Maybe allowing just a few spells to be cast while channeling MFI would be best, such as DP/MB and not dots.

Deleted
    I understand thew need to "fix" spirit shell because it kinda was overshadowing the other spells.
    but why remove its affiliation with mastery, why not simply reduce its bonus gain to a more reasonable level.

Why do we always need to have a Glyph or a talent(pre-MOP) that increases the range of specific spells??? in order to heal
    I simply don't understand why atonement healers need to be closer to the target compared with other healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adanon View Post
    I understand thew need to "fix" spirit shell because it kinda was overshadowing the other spells.
    but why remove its affiliation with mastery, why not simply reduce its bonus gain to a more reasonable level.

Why do we always need to have a Glyph or a talent(pre-MOP) that increases the range of specific spells??? in order to heal
    I simply don't understand why atonement healers need to be closer to the target compared with other healers.
    Healing via Atonement is better than healing via Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal. Reward vs risk.

Deleted
    So "MF on the run" didn't make it through? Sad!
    DF is a DOT? Shadow at its current state has the weakest burst of all classes AND NEEDS a long ramp-up time. I'll quit this shitty game
    Last edited by mmoc8b1766084d; 2013-01-17 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's awesome news about MF:I! Thanks Drye

It's obviously still bugged if it isn't scaling with haste and mastery yet, but I could actually see the cast while channelling thing go live - because it really makes the talent viable and interesting; doubling MF's damage wouldn't cut it, but if its not competing for gcds then its awesome for low/no movement and single target fights.
    Np! Also, you can NOT move and have MF:I continue to channel. It breaks the "cast".

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person who dislikes Glyph of Binding Heal? Sure, it's cool, but really??? All of our glyph "choices" are pretty much already mana cost added, and now we have another one, where I don't think ANY other healer class has glyphs that increase mana costs... Sure, if new Glyph is cast correctly, it ends up being efficient, but still, would love something different instead of more healing for more mana (Holy can already do that, its called Serendipity...). Also, think were the only healer without one purely positive glyph (pure buff with no drawbacks)... kinda still ticked about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Couple things. One, the spell works very uniquely on PTR. Think of it like a dot that you apply after having 3 dots up and that SW;I is not a channel. I mean that you can cast other things in place of it. For example, you can cast MB while channeling it and not interrupt it. See Here, I am Mind blasting while the channel dmg is going: http://i.imgur.com/Xtvnw.jpg

Two, is that it seems to scale much better with SP than mind flay, just a higher scaling coefficient. However, right now it seems to not be scaling with mastery (possible PTR bug), or haste (less scaling with lust/hero sadface). It has a hard 3 second cast timer, if you call it that. You can also "cheese" it like with a haste proc MF. You can MF;I right as DP is falling off and get a full 3 second MF;I cast. Three is that, with this ability it might be better to cast only 1 Orb DP and keep the buff up. There are two reasons why this might become superior. The GCD gain from a 3 orb wont outweigh a MF;I and with them making DPs dmg over time static instead of the large upfront dmg. This will also increase the rating of mastery since a DP tick will be a much larger dps increase from it's current form. I have a strong feeling that crit and mastery will greatly outweigh haste with this next tier because of the set bonuses. The value of haste will greatly depreciate because of the set bonuses and it will make crit and mastery valued more. More sw;P crits = more SAs and longer duration on our dots, which will lead to more mastery ticks from a higher valued dot ticks and SAs. Just well scaling rotation now. This of course is just me saying what I think and no proven numbers yet. With the set bonuses and the change to SW;I, it's very possible that shadow will become a power house spec.

You really had to make me so horny & wet, don't you?

Now, is that channel interruptable? If yes, well even if its on steroid, is stil 4secondshadowlockout-flay wich isn't of any help.

I have yet to see if you can get interupted. You can't move, that will cancel the spell. You can cast other abilities while channeling.

Deleted
    If you can cast SWP during the channeling, doesn't that make our 2p useless for an extra tic on SWP? I mean we will be pretty much spamming SWP on trinket procs to max out dmg, since we can't spam SWP for ever(oom), but we could still spam it whenever. So half of two piece useless?:S(more than half since extra tics on SWP are better than the ones from VT). But i do think that casting MB/DP during the channel is a really good concept.

It really, really, really sounds like a bug

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been testing this out a bit and for pvp right now i still dont se any one take this over fdcl just cus u have to stand still to do this. Still hoping to see a glyph that would make MF on the move avilable.

Deleted
    In 10 man Disc Priests seemed fine. That's the experience I gathered.

If anyone thinks its intended you were dropped on your head as a baby.

This is intended for burst. If you are trying to burst you aren't moving around avoiding things. Obviously if you try to channel this while getting hit upon you most likely killed yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If anyone thinks its intended you were dropped on your head as a baby.

This is intended for burst. If you are trying to burst you aren't moving around avoiding things. Obviously if you try to channel this while getting hit upon you most likely killed yourself.
    The biggest reason I think it could go live (even though it was probably not intended) is that if it just doubles Mind Flays damage, it's very likely not worth taking: I think it needs to do something interesting like let us cast during it to make it worthwhile - and I believe Blizzard intends to make it something we want to use (not just re-arrange crap).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but anything I cast during MF:I is interrupting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    Mind Flay tied to DP.. awesome.. for picking this talent we have to be sure that we won't have to move in the next ~8 seconds after each DP.
    the mechanic makes it seem, to me, that you would want to usually use DP so that it was always on target when you used mindflay (not necessarily saving up 3 orbs), but when you have to move you can save up your orbs. it seems like it is partially/fully bugged right now, though so who knows.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-01-17 at 11:01 PM.

MF:I has been updated. It now works like MF. You can no longer cast things while it, it also is now affected by haste and mastery.