Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Make all our T5 talents baseline, and we'll be ok. Not even joking.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-02-24 at 04:52 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Agree. I don't think having proccing spikes while getting a better pet (that looks uglier) and possibly a worth of something filler could lead to balance issues.
    I think its not gamebreaking at all.

Also u could fill in new talents like FDCL spikes adds duration to ALL dots, a pet that refound orbs everytime they swing (hello t13!) and the chance to double tap Smiley pre 20% could fix our gearing issues.

srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Make all our T5 talents baseline, and we'll be ok. Not even joking.
    And replace them with what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

New blog post is up looking in depth at 5.2 Haste Breakpoints:

http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=577

Here's the updated and expanded Haste Breakpoints Cheatsheet:

Quick summary:
    • 10124 Haste – If you don’t want to take Power Infusion, are not a Troll, and don’t have the Legendary Meta Gem. This will get you +2 ticks out all of our DoTs as a minimum. If you choose Power Infusion occasionally, this will grant you +3 ticks, while during Bloodlust you’ll have +4 ticks to Devouring Plague and Shadow Word: Pain (which share breakpoints from +4 onward).
    • 10437 Haste – This will grant you the same ticks as a baseline listed above (+2), but will also grant you Vampiric Touch+4 when Bloodlust or your Legendary Meta Gem is active. This is what I’m going to be recommending as the default target to shoot for for 5.2.
    • 11990 Haste – If you’re able to get ~1550 more Haste thanks to Heroic Thunderforged gear, this breakpoint will grant you Vampiric Touch+6 and Devouring Plague/Shadow Word: Pain+7 while either Bloodlust or the Legendary Meta Gem is active AND either Power Infusion or Berserking is active.

This is, of course, subject to change until 5.2 is released. We're close enough now that I don't see this particular piece of info needing to be revised, though (unless something drastic happens and the value of Haste drops like a stone).
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy. Struggling to get haste gear .. take 2.

Thanks for all the work you put into that stuff, Twintop.

Deleted
    Hm, that seems doable .. maybe. Thanks for the overview

15+ Year Old Account
    O.O The allure of 300% haste is actually making me want to go Troll..
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    O.O The allure of 300% haste is actually making me want to go Troll..
    Don't forget the 5% damage bonus to what was it, like 9/13 bosses? in the next teir.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Don't forget the 5% damage bonus to what was it, like 9/13 bosses? in the next teir.
    True! 8/13 I think though? Still, way too many!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

ohh the joy of already being a troll spriest <3
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

worst part is blizzard will prolly say SP are fine because of trolls, instead of buffing us the last 5% and nerfing the troll racial, oh the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    worst part is blizzard will prolly say SP are fine because of trolls, instead of buffing us the last 5% and nerfing the troll racial, oh the irony.
    Yet any other class will have trolls around as well. And if they, what i believe, have a decent tool tracking dps numbers they will merely filter trolls away on certain fights..

@Twintop amazing work, thanks for your contribution

I have a question about a recent post answered for disc priests. Is the PW:S crit a twice as strong PW:S or is it also a regular PW:S with a Divine Aegis that is equal to the PW:S?

Example:

PW:S places a 100k absorb, crits for 200k absorb
    PW:S places a 100k absorb, crits for 100k absorb + 100k Divine Aegis

its just 100K PW:S thats Crits to a 200K PW:S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadow Priests can no longer enter rated arenas, furthermore shadowform now provides a 40% damage increase, up from 20.
    Pve fixed, pvp comunity can quit complaining about shadow being OP.
    This tbh. This whole thing is just making me hate PvP and PvP'ers. I read like 80% priest mainly PVE and we have to suffer seemingly in all specs and all aspects of the game because Ghostcrawler apparently got corpse camped by a shadow priest one time, and thinks they are super OP while ignoring the fact they were top of the middle in PVP. Plenty of other classes were far worse and we are bad bad bad bad in PVE and need help.

If they were OP in PVP? Then so what. About time? I've been through patches and patches hearing how bad spriests have it in PVP, so what if just one time they are on top instead of mages, locks, druids and whoever else that are always there abouts. I don't care for PVP but given that we're one of the worst specs in PVE, there should be a trade off somewhere, but it seems GC wants us to suck at everything.

"shadowpriests being untargetable seems unfair". Rogues are untargetable.
    "10% dps buff seemed too much for shadowpriest". Mages have a 30% dps buff.
    "Maybe they need a little buff in PVE but I don't want to help them in PVP in anyway because they are too strong" We need more than "a little buff" unless you want us sitting on the bottom for everything that is not Elegon like we have the past 2 patches.

Fuck you Ghostcrawler. I'm really close to just quitting this character I've played since vanilla because he doesn't have a clue and he isn't listening to anything that anyone is saying.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2013-02-25 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    This tbh. This whole thing is just making me hate PvP and PvP'ers. I read like 80% priest mainly PVE and we have to suffer seemingly in all specs and all aspects of the game because Ghostcrawler apparently got corpse camped by a shadow priest one time, and thinks they are super OP while ignoring the fact they were top of the middle in PVPplenty of other classes were far worse and bad bad bad bad in PVE and need help. If they were OP in PVP? Then so what. About time? I've been through patches and patches hearing how bad spriests have it in PVP, so what if just one time they are on top instead of mages, locks, druids and whoever else that are always there abouts.

"shadowpriests being untargetable seems unfair". Rogues are untargetable.
    "10% dps buff seemed too much for shadowpriest". Mages have a 30% dps buff.
    "Maybe they need a little buff in PVE but I don't want to help them in PVP in anyway because they are too strong"

Fuck you Ghostcrawler. I'm really close to just quitting this character I've played since vanilla because he doesn't have a clue and he isn't listening to anything that anyone is saying.
    Yet they refuse to seperate pve and pvp skills/damage unless its an emergency.

Is it so hard to let mind blast do 20% more damage in pve only? As an example, not like that would fix spriest pve damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is playing stubborn about seperating dmg vs PvP and PvE, but I think it is inevitable. Maybe an expac selling point.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    The 20% mindblast increase is a promising first tweak for shadow priests. Any chance mb haste scaling from ptr will come back?
    Explain why your DPS needs it. What percent of relative DPS will you lose in the course of 5.2 because of scaling? (Source)

instead of buffing mind blast damage, why not scale the cd with haste? Would help stat scaling a bit.
    Will your relative DPS drop 10% over the course of a tier because of haste scaling? If not, why does it matter?
    WTF? Are they kidding us? There have been tons of explanation why MB should scale with haste. Is he hit daily by a shovel to spew this kind of stupid comments? Oh right, we are not 10% behind the "main block" of dps in single target. Its just our imagination, we must not see that skill that would make us dps viably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yet they refuse to seperate pve and pvp skills/damage unless its an emergency.

Is it so hard to let mind blast do 20% more damage in pve only? As an example, not like that would fix spriest pve damage.
    Exactly. I'm not subscribing to this OP in PVP thing anyway, for what I can see they are one of several specs that are competitive, and the others have been competitive far more often and far longer than Spriest. Let them have their day. A few nerfs if neccessary but gutting the spec and expecting to fix it on the PVE side with a buff that PVP'ers aren't going to take just seems a silly way of going about it.

Like you say, let Mindflay and MB do x amount of damage vs a player, and x amount of damage vs a mob. This makes it so much easier to balance the game correctly, and it's not like they aren't doing it with trinkets and meta gems in the next patch (lesser chance of procs vs players).

At the moment they stick a PVP/PVE talent in each tier, but get outraged when a pvp player chooses the "pve option" and then nerf it. It's ridiculous. Just balance them seperate, or give PVP/PVE seperate talent trees.

@ Falsified, i see GC is having the same effect on you. This constant spewing of stupid condasending comments that show he really doesn't understand our issues in the slightest is not helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    @ Falsified, i see GC is having the same effect on you. This constant spewing of stupid condasending comments that show he really doesn't understand our issues in the slightest is not helping.
    I resigned my sub, too. Had enough. Priests, of any spec, being barely viable in (PvP) 5.2 was the final straw. It's all about Frost mages, DK's, Rogues now. I considered writing an open letter, but what the hell is the point?

See you guys next expansion.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-02-25 at 04:36 AM.