Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangable View Post
    In relation to the tooltip on PW:S, is it wrong?

It's live now and every time I shield myself it's around 20k less than what the tooltip says it should be. Also interesting to note that I changed specs, went back to disc, and the tooltip changed again. The bottom line is that every time I shield, if it doesn't crit, its around 20k less than what the tooltip suggests. Did they forget to update the tooltip? Either way I am extremely unhappy.

I'm not home so I can't test this... I'm thinking maybe it is telling you the average pw:s including crits. Try grabbing some crit food and see if the value changes

It's live now and every time I shield myself it's around 20k less than what the tooltip says it should be. Also interesting to note that I changed specs, went back to disc, and the tooltip changed again. The bottom line is that every time I shield, if it doesn't crit, its around 20k less than what the tooltip suggests. Did they forget to update the tooltip? Either way I am extremely unhappy.
    Yea mine says it will shield for 98k, which is higher than it would before the patch but then it only shields for 79k. I'm not sure why they'd make the tooltip average between normal and crits. Only thing I can think happened is it's accounting for the old mastery and not the new one?

I was sorta interested in trying out Binding Heal but it costs nearly 22k mana so now I'm not sure it's even worth it over using the Weakened Soul glyph or other glyphs. What do others think?
    Last edited by Kalliope; 2013-03-06 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they revert that change on the new Shadow Word: Pain? It doesn't appear on the new patch notes. =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harukaa View Post
    Did they revert that change on the new Shadow Word: Pain? It doesn't appear on the new patch notes. =/
    Appearantly it hasnt gone live yet and so hasnt any of the other buffs that other classes got at the same time. GC hasnt mentioned anything else about them so they will probably come in a hotfix pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    Appearantly it hasnt gone live yet and so hasnt any of the other buffs that other classes got at the same time. GC hasnt mentioned anything else about them so they will probably come in a hotfix pretty soon.
    Ah I am a little bit happier now. Thanks for the input. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Any numbers on Solace vs Mindbender for mana? Seems Solace's benefit is the extra bit of healing.
    You have to cast 4 per minute + optimal Shadowfiend to be equal to Mindbender. Also, don't forget the latency lag, gcd lock and the hps loss of using Solace. It'll be good on fights like Horridon and others with damage buffs. Situational.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Probably only a HPS gain for most players. Or maybe I'm in the minority and just assume everyone uses HF >= 4 times a minute for AA. Bottom line is if you tend to utilize your HF you should look into it, if not then mind bender offers an alternative that returns less mana but requires less attention to utilizing your toolkit. :P And lets be real latency isn't going to make up 1/3 of every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    You have to cast 4 per minute + optimal Shadowfiend to be equal to Mindbender. Also, don't forget the latency lag, gcd lock and the hps loss of using Solace. It'll be good on fights like Horridon and others with damage buffs. Situational.
    Any half-awake DPS manages to get off their key abilities within miliseconds of them coming off cooldown just fine, in the face of such terrifying obstacles as latency and GCD lock. Have you never played shadow?

It's a HPS loss, but it's not like we healers strive to utilize our max theoretical output for any meaningful amount of time anyway, though I guess that might change in T15 with all the spirit we'll be getting; maybe the fights just won't let us waste that many GCDs on such a weak heal, but that sounds unlikely. Seems like it'd still be worth it for disc anyway, since they need to stack evangelism with something.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I don't know, I used tried it on my raid tonight and I don't like it (disc priest). Maybe if you're undergeared or or having mana issues for some reason.

Not at my computer atm but what is its healing like? I am assuming ~50k plus like a 1500 hot is that accurate?

Deleted
    Why has no one bothered to support the Shadow Word: Pain claim with a link? That's just silly.

Anyways, here it is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=114#2280

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I'm not home so I can't test this... I'm thinking maybe it is telling you the average pw:s including crits. Try grabbing some crit food and see if the value changes

I'm getting shields equal to my Shadow-spec tooltip, no matter what spec I'm in (holy, disc, and shadow). I'm guessing when they were changing the scaling coefficients for all specs to make both healer specs have stronger shields, they futzed the numbers somewhere. I do get the expected tooltips though (with disc showing the strongest shield, followed by holy, then shadow) Disregard, think I was going by old patch iterations :L

edit: I'm definitely not seeing the pain buff, hopefully it was an oversight, same as the PW:S stuff
    Last edited by Copulatingduck; 2013-03-06 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Copulatingduck View Post
    edit: I'm definitely not seeing the pain buff, hopefully it was an oversight, same as the PW:S stuff
    GC wrote somewhere else in the thread I linked that last minute changes (like SW: P) often don't make it into the patch as it goes live - but it should come very soon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfette View Post
    GC wrote somewhere else in the thread I linked that last minute changes (like SW: P) often don't make it into the patch as it goes live - but it should come very soon.
    If they aren't live yet, they should be soon. Sometimes there is a lag for late changes, but we haven't reverted them.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...93861?page=121
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Shutting this one since it's not on the PTR anymore and the State Of Priest thread has been updated.