Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So someone please give GC an out...
    Ok

GC

you're fired

How's that for an out?

Deleted
    Glyph of Inner Will: Inner Will no longer adds a movement speed buff. Instead it gives you -20% movement speed, and allows the use of Vampiric Touch and Mind Flay while moving.

This way, you would have to blow a GCD on switching to Inner Will (and back), lose the 10% spell power from Inner Fire and gain a movement speed debuff. You would also have to stop in order to cast Mind Blast.

Sort of like a mix of KJC and the old aspect of the fox. Don't think it seems too overpowered.. Maybe slightly in PvP, which I do not play, so I can't really tell whats broken and whats not ^^. It would probably also have to replace the current Mind Flay glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Glyph of Inner Will: Inner Will no longer adds a movement speed buff. Instead it gives you -20% movement speed, and allows the use of Vampiric Touch and Mind Flay while moving.

This way, you would have to blow a GCD on switching to Inner Will (and back), lose the 10% spell power from Inner Fire and gain a movement speed debuff. You would also have to stop in order to cast Mind Blast.

Sort of like a mix of KJC and the old aspect of the fox. Don't think it seems too overpowered.. Maybe slightly in PvP, which I do not play, so I can't really tell whats broken and whats not ^^. It would probably also have to replace the current Mind Flay glyph.
    -20% plus the what? 50% from every god damn snare everyone else seems to have in the game?

Let's not.

No one would use it. The decreased movement speed would get you killed in many situations. Example: HM Bladelord with Attenuation or anything on HM Wind Lord or HM Spirit Kings. Other times it would just take too long to do the motions you would already be in place to start casting again. So far the best solution I have heard was to allow us to cast Mind Sear on the move. GC talks about classes being unique. Give us that. AoE on the move.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    No one would use it. The decreased movement speed would get you killed in many situations. Example: HM Bladelord with Attenuation or anything on HM Wind Lord or HM Spirit Kings. Other times it would just take too long to do the motions you would already be in place to start casting again. So far the best solution I have heard was to allow us to cast Mind Sear on the move. GC talks about classes being unique. Give us that. AoE on the move.
    -oh <insert your nick>, you're again last in recount
    -but, im have aoe on the move
    -that's cute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    -20% plus the what? 50% from every god damn snare everyone else seems to have in the game?

Let's not.
    Could you please read the post being responding? At the very end, it was said to be from a pve pov. And also, whats with the strange hostility? You cool cause you talk down to people on the interwebs?

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    It may need to be tweaked slightly.. But the idea is that we do not get something overpowered, and that its a choice you have to make. So it wont end up as dumb as the current warlock/hunter casting on the move abilities.

To me, part of what makes a good caster is being able to plan ahead, taking small steps towards your final destination between instants/GCDs.
    Last edited by mmoc771d918182; 2013-02-12 at 12:43 AM.

Could you please read the post being responding? At the very end, it was said to be from a pve pov. And also, whats with the strange hostility? You cool cause you talk down to people on the interwebs?
    First of all don't put words in peoples mouths, it comes back at you.

Secondly your suggestion just becomes stance dancing which blizzard does not want. It would also be redundant because every time you move you will switching to inner will, then why not make it baseline? Lastly when you move in PvE for a longer period of time it's to get out of bad stuff, -20% movement speed nobody would do it, it would be safer to spam pain.

In PvP that's just plain stupid, nobody would use it because combined with snares it would be a death trap and there would be exactly NO POINT at moving at 30% speed trying to cast something. If they make it so it wouldn't stack then what's the point of having the movement debuff.

Words
    in
    your
    mouth

Deleted
    I'm sorry what word was put into anyones mouth again? I tried to make a suggestion, and suggested something which I though sounded cool. And you came back with what seemed to me like a very arrogant answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Scorch as a cast-while moving spell has a severe cost attached to it
    No, it does not. 10dps is better then 0 dps. Surprised I have to point this out

Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    -oh <insert your nick>, you're again last in recount
    -but, im have aoe on the move
    -that's cute
    :P

It may need to be tweaked slightly.. But the idea is that we do not get something overpowered, and that its a choice you have to make. So it wont end up as dumb as the current warlock/hunter casting on the move abilities.
    Casting on the move isn't really needed in PvE. Like, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    First of all don't put words in peoples mouths, it comes back at you.

Secondly your suggestion just becomes stance dancing which blizzard does not want.
    Foot in your mouth :-) Blizzard wishes to encourage stance, and chakra, dancing for that matter.

I'm sorry what word was put into anyones mouth again? I tried to make a suggestion, and suggested something which I though sounded cool. And you came back with what seemed to me like a very arrogant answer.
    What's wrong with arrogance? I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    No, it does not. 10dps is better then 0 dps. Surprised I have to point this out
    Shadow has DoTs ticking, a spammable instant, Shadow Word: Death (glyphed), short cast from Mind Blast, and procs. Damage while moving is not zero. It's not as good as other specs by far, but it's far from zero. 10 dps > 0 dps.

As I was pointing out though, Scorch while moving is less dps than actual damage being done while standing still. Giving Mind Flay a free pass of "here, cast while moving" effectively means Shadow only has to stop to refresh VTs, or non-proc Mind Blasts, and can stay mobile the other 85% of the rotation, and yeah that just doesn't work. There needs to be a cost of casting while moving. Scorch means less damage than what it would have been otherwise (Arcane Blast prior to fire exclusive, Fireball otherwise), glyphing Unleashed Lightning means that you're doing less standstill DPS than you would if you didn't glyph it.

Surprised I have to point these out. Again.

I'm really glad we agree on this point though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

As I was pointing out though, Scorch while moving is less dps than actual damage being done while standing still.
    Of course. My point was scorch has no drawback to cast while moving, which is what I thought you implied. Unlike, say...Aw, the hell with it, Mind Spike ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Totally agree.. Actually said this several times when its been discussed in the past. And no, its not just been discussed for pvp reasons..
    Personally I think no casters should be able to cast on the move. In a PvE enviroment anyway. I just doesnt feel right...

But as it was being discussed anyway, I thought I'd just tip in.

Shadow has DoTs ticking, a spammable instant, Shadow Word: Death (glyphed), short cast from Mind Blast, and procs. Damage while moving is not zero. It's not as good as other specs by far, but it's far from zero. 10 dps > 0 dps.

spammable instant? we dont have it. swp first tick is a joke Fel Flame do much more damage. swd glyph? blizz keep it in game as sheeps/blind/sap/repentance oldschool breaker. Yes our damage while moving is not zero but if compare it with others it seem like 100 > 10.
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2013-02-12 at 04:41 AM.

Deleted
    Next patch, we won't be able to spam SWP on the move because in most cases we will have the 100% crit trinket, and we will not want to override a SWP that will always crit(so + SA and potential refresh with 2p). So we will actually lose dps on the move next patch. So having mindsear castable on the move would be great actually:P

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=PhillieB;20185804]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Percephonie1: @Ghostcrawler @h3lladvocate And you still lose 25% output in the stance you're not in while no others healers have to deal with this. Why?

@Ghostcrawler: @Percephonie1 Chakra is the Holy priest resource. You could ask why Holy paladins need to build up Holy Power before using WoG or EF.
    Oh sweet jeebus...this reminds of a story my grandfather once told me. He was in a WHO meeting at the UN and everyone was in agreement except for the russian delegate. After long discussions he was more than overproven that he was wrong. Problem was he couldn't change his mind and loose face. So the very clever french delegate suggested that perhaps there was a problem with the translation and that he'd actually misinterpreted the initial discussion. He was given an out so he could change his mind and the decision could be made. So someone please give GC an out...

"Resource". Made me really surprised he choose to call Chakra a word like that! Its definitly a "Limitation" rather than anything... The reason we want to play Holy, or NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Next patch, we won't be able to spam SWP on the move because in most cases we will have the 100% crit trinket, and we will not want to override a SWP that will always crit(so + SA and potential refresh with 2p). So we will actually lose dps on the move next patch. So having mindsear castable on the move would be great actually:P
    Am I mistaken, or dont HoTs and DoTs update dynamically with trinket procs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Am I mistaken, or dont HoTs and DoTs update dynamically with trinket procs?
    This was never the case.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Chakra tweet... I can already see it. "Chakra power", maximum of 5, changing Chakras requires you to spend all of them. You generate 1 Chakra Power every 6 seconds, PvP bonus reduces that to 1/1s.

Changes nothing, but at least it's official now. 2 expansions later, PvP bonus is made baseline. After another two, it's removed entirely.

Deleted
    I also thought that crit and mastery updated dynamically but apparently this is only the case for boomkin, every other spec has their dot stats snapshot-ed at landing. This was tested by a couple of people on ptr. Thought spell and haste work the same for every one(snapshot at landing).
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2013-02-12 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Percephonie1: @Ghostcrawler @h3lladvocate And you still lose 25% output in the stance you're not in while no others healers have to deal with this. Why?

@Ghostcrawler: @Percephonie1 Chakra is the Holy priest resource. You could ask why Holy paladins need to build up Holy Power before using WoG or EF.
    Banging my head on the table now...didn't think for one second when I tweeted that, he'd then respond about it being a 'resource'! I just hope some members here can tweet a reply to his nonsense and get a better outcome.