Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anything is better then our mastery for raiding other when their is progression

Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    Anything is better then our mastery for raiding other when their is progression
    Anything is better from a HPS/throughput perspective on farm content, sure. However, isn't progression and performance on progression what really matters?

so 35% of your heals turned to hot and your hots reticking like a spriest dot is a bad mastery and its worse then the current one we have i don't see how what i suggested is not providing anything u have said it provides just as much performance as our current one and anything we over heal will be turned into a hot. and if your talking about over healing please don't as our healing rain in most stacked fights will out overheal any healer in the game atm

Seems to be mostly damage related stuff, sadly.

The things utility-related:
    -Nerf to purge glyph
    -SR for ele

So enh got a net pvp-utility nerf, ele a buff and nerf, and that was it.
    I doubt this'll set either enh or ele pvp right, but maybe there'll be more?
    I guess the biggest plus I see in this is that there's a much bigger amount of changes for shamans than in 5.1, and they're mostly buffs to.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2012-12-22 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    SHAMAN LOVE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEY WOOOHOOO=D

that was my first reaction

It must be Christmas! Shaman patch notes!!

Purge change was needed.

Good changes in general. I'm not sure how the Lightening bolt nerf works with the Flame shock buff but we'll see. 1min lust is going to be funny for PVP as enhc. 10% LB nerf with unleashed fury is eh but we're doing well in PVE so w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    ele a buff and nerf, and that was it.
    For pvp:

I think you severly underestimated what shamanistic rage means for ele: being able to get out of a hammer of justice or a deep freeze (etc) without having to trinket is a massive boost to our survivability. It's really good for mana management as well and thus a direct buff to the off healing possibilities.

Unleashed fury buff means that it becomes more attractive to imbue dance, and use rockbiter weapon when it's needed. Now you kinda gimp your damage a lot by not taking EB if you go for UF, a 10% LvB buff for 10s is really decent when you can line it up with ascendance, it's basically 1 free lava burst + overload.

Primal Elementalist being buffed by 25% means that we can use the defensive abilities as well now from earth ele (+ stun) without gimping our damage too much (since elemental blast was so needed in pvp).

Lvl 90 talents now become really attractive to use in pvp, while before EB was a pretty no brainer.

Elemental mastery on a 1min CD ... that is absolutely sick (which I dont expect to go live in it current form).

Glyph of Flame Shock and FS change: it's longer on the target, so easier to keep up multiple. And if you manage to keep up several FS at a time you gonna see 3k -5k self heals per tick, not gonna compare it with second wind but it gonna be really close, even more with healing stream totem.

Purge being reworked was to be expected, they shouldn't have made that glyph in the first place (since there was a clear reason behind them changing it in 4.1 or so).

Those few small buffs have a massive impact on the things ele can do and how you can play your ele in pvp. If the patch notes would go live the way they are now ele will be a very strong contender in arena, even more because certain specs have lost things that are very annoying for eles (blanket silences, blood fear, warriors and mages nerfs). Only downside is that rogues (and i expect monks as well) will be all over the place again and sit on you 24/7, but at least we have now some tools to counter them.

Elemental Blast is still not appealing to resto. Also Blizzard needs to realise unless they make HR instant cast for Conductivity its going to be a dps loss for dps than compared to HTT and that other one.

I can see EM going live at 20% haste 1 min.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah me too, that'd be great. Macroed to the herbalism profession CD and/or the Kafa boost, i already love it even if its not live yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I can see EM going live at 20% haste 1 min.
    I personally think its more likely to go live as a 1 min 30 sec CD tbh
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

I have a question for the ele shaman in this forum. How big of a buff are these buffs?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

@Zenga: Well, I've never played ele, so you may be right. I think though that ele needs better kiting above all else to not drop outside of SR.
    How does the (ele)buff to UF promote imbue twisting though? Ele will want ft as an imbue even more than before, and enh will have less issues going fb as oh imbue.
    Did I miss any buff to fb/rb encouraging twisting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I have a question for the ele shaman in this forum. How big of a buff are these buffs?
    Not more than a 3-5% DPS-increase. If even that much.
    There'll be more coming, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Yeah me too, that'd be great. Macroed to the herbalism profession CD and/or the Kafa boost, i already love it even if its not live yet.
    Why you want to macro a Haste CD with other Haste buffs? We aren't Sp's, you need to use them seperately else it's a dps loss.

The change slightly improves Conductivity, but it is in no way going to be viable for any spec. For Resto, you just flat out do not get enough of your output from GHW/HS/HW for this ability to come close to compensating the loss of a Healing Tide Totem - both in terms of the 10-15% output boost as well as in terms of being a real, viable 2nd raid cooldown. You would need to approach 50%+ of your output from the direct heals for it to be competitive, and it is never close to that. On top of that, if the raid is stacked up enough to make Conductivity/Healing Rain highly effective, Chain Heal is going to be a lot more effective than direct heals + conductivity. Unless they buff the percentage significantly (to close to 100%) make it proc off Healing Rain and Healing Stream Totem or nerf HTT so heavily that we have to look at other options, this talent will never be viable.

For DPS, unless Conductivity is able to do significantly more healing than AG or HTT, the huge DPS loss of having to drop Healing Rain is never going to be worth it.

these changes should be amazing. I like the one minute dps cooldown.
    Hatred the Fearless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    @Zenga: Well, I've never played ele, so you may be right. I think though that ele needs better kiting above all else to not drop outside of SR.
    We already have insanely good kiting. The issue we've had is that, once we're stunned or silenced, we're highly vulnerable and often get killed, without any way to defend against it. With SR coming in, and global nerfs to silences, those are both less of a threat and we're gaining a defensive tool against stuns.

We still have Ghost Wolf, a bunch of slow effects, Thunderstorm, etc. Plenty of kiting tools.
    How does the (ele)buff to UF promote imbue twisting though? Ele will want ft as an imbue even more than before, and enh will have less issues going fb as oh imbue.
    Did I miss any buff to fb/rb encouraging twisting?
    The buff to UF means you might want to take UF; right now you don't. That promotes imbue twisting, since if you can trade the now improved burst advantage from FT for greater kiting or greater defense, as needed.

The way it's been since MoP launched, the UE:FT effect wasn't worth it for burst, so we tended to take the others to push our burst as much as we could, as the utility of imbue twisting wasn't worth the difference.

As an unrelated general comment; I'll be updating the first post to reflect the actual patch notes, when I get around to it. I've got Christmas shopping to do and family to hang with, though, so it'll happen when it happens.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-12-22 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    The only good part is that we didn't get nerfed. I'm honestly not as ecstatic as others here on Elemental PvE changes. At a glance they look minor at best.

Not that we need a lot of work, but I still feel like we are underpowered.