Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    And therefore it shouldn't exist? Because you do not see how awesome it is in pvp, and because you didn't see any practical use for yourself in the first raid after the talents were introduced?
    I'd agree if it'd be a 6-8 boss tier, but all 16 bosses are quite different. If we start seperating talents for PvE and PvP, then why did they even change the trees? This effectively removes 1 out of 3 choices, neglates 33% of a talent tier to PvErs, probably the same thing with PvPrs on "PvE" talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    I'd agree if it'd be a 6-8 boss tier, but all 16 bosses are quite different. If we start seperating talents for PvE and PvP, then why did they even change the trees? This effectively removes 1 out of 3 choices, neglates 33% of a talent tier to PvErs, probably the same thing with PvPrs on "PvE" talents.
    You can use the totemdestroy macro to get a shorter tremor, useful on empress heroic and protectors. It shortens the cooldown of grounding as well, useful on protectors heroic and spiritkings hc iirc. Just out of the top of my head.

Are there that many bosses where you used totemic projection other than for magma totem?
    Are there that many bosses where you used call of the elements?

Are there that many bosses where you used totemic projection other than for magma totem?
    Stunning & Rooting those Adds on Tsulong / Will of the Emperor

You can use the totemdestroy macro to get a shorter tremor, useful on empress heroic and protectors. It shortens the cooldown of grounding as well, useful on protectors heroic and spiritkings hc iirc. Just out of the top of my head.

I think you can use it with tremor on Sha of Fear too, as Enhancement you stay behind the boss.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On Lei shi I use Totemic Projection to place my Earthgrab Totem, both as enhancement and Elemental. That way they get rooted and buys the raid some time before the marks come out and cc'ed get placed.

Call of the Elements is great for PvP to reset Grounding Totem and that stun totem. For PvE it's mostly just to get a "1-minute Healingstream totem" every 3 minutes So basically it gives you 2-3 more Healing Stream totems during a fight.

IT'S SOMETHING! *Insert meme*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Stunning & Rooting those Adds on Tsulong / Will of the Emperor
    It's a golden talent imo. I prefer running with it as a default talent because I've gotten used to moving my totems whenever I like.

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    On Lei shi I use Totemic Projection to place my Earthgrab Totem, both as enhancement and Elemental. That way they get rooted and buys the raid some time before the marks come out and cc'ed get placed.

Call of the Elements is great for PvP to reset Grounding Totem and that stun totem. For PvE it's mostly just to get a "1-minute Healingstream totem" every 3 minutes So basically it gives you 2-3 more Healing Stream totems during a fight.

IT'S SOMETHING! *Insert meme*
    To be honest, all the talents on that tier are very situational in PvE, but none are useless so that is not really a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    To be honest, all the talents on that tier are very situational in PvE, but none are useless so that is not really a problem
    That is the point I was making, since the poster above me since (UcanDoSht) was ranting about totemic restoration. All the talents have their situational use.

Totemic Restoration is one of the talents I fail to see why it even exists. I've never encountered a PvE situation where it would've been useful.
    I have always prefered it to the other talents. First I use the totemic recall glyph so it shaves a couple of seconds off healing stream. Next on fights like stoneguards I can use it with windwalk totem to be able to clear the ground of blue stuff everytime the cobalt is petrifying. on the trash leading up to will of the emperor I use it with windwalk totem again to get a 30second mass dispell. So we dont all get frozen because of the cooldown on dispells. On empress to get a shorter cooldown on tremor.
    Another good use of it, say i have mana tide up and suddenly theres a high amount of unpredictable damage, omg healing tide. Mana tides cooldown is then reduced by a nice amount so it wasnt wasted. Spirit link is also another good thing to recall, its first tick is usually the tick which saves people and then you can recall it to get a shorter cooldown. Tell me how half of these things wont make a difference in a fight. Theres probably tons more of uses for totemic restoration

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    I have always prefered it to the other talents. First I use the totemic recall glyph so it shaves a couple of seconds off healing stream. Next on fights like stoneguards I can use it with windwalk totem to be able to clear the ground of blue stuff everytime the cobalt is petrifying. on the trash leading up to will of the emperor I use it with windwalk totem again to get a 30second mass dispell. So we dont all get frozen because of the cooldown on dispells. On empress to get a shorter cooldown on tremor.
    Another good use of it, say i have mana tide up and suddenly theres a high amount of unpredictable damage, omg healing tide. Mana tides cooldown is then reduced by a nice amount so it wasnt wasted. Spirit link is also another good thing to recall, its first tick is usually the tick which saves people and then you can recall it to get a shorter cooldown. Tell me how half of these things wont make a difference in a fight. Theres probably tons more of uses for totemic restoration
    good with Glyph of Totemic Recall, which returns the full mana cost, mana is still tight on some encounters, every bit helps.
    and as mentioned above, sometimes it is beneficial to pull off totems early so its back up sooner

Deleted
    Totemic Restoration is one of the talents I fail to see why it even exists. I've never encountered a PvE situation where it would've been useful.
    Tremor Totems in Grand Empress Shek'zer Heroic
    Lei Shi Hide while FE is still out
    Sha when getting ported to platforms while FE is still out

Just from the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Tremor Totems in Grand Empress Shek'zer Heroic
    Lei Shi Hide while FE is still out
    Sha when getting ported to platforms while FE is still out

Just from the top of my head.
    works wonders when u r on the platform and ur feared 30 sec fear release

10+ Year Old Account
    The Totem talent tier is pretty lame and not very creative, alot of the community has commented on it and Blizz even said they might consider changing it at one time. I just don't think totems have that much depth to them that they deserve a whole talent tier, I still feel they should give all Shaman Totemic Projection and remove the tier and replace it with something else like a mobility tier.

Shaman are getting some good buffs this patch, they finally put 10%HP on SBT which I have been saying it has needed from the start, I hope they do the same for Stormlash as well. And also still feel that Imp GW glyph should be part of GW.

And anyone else think its a little ridiculous that they decide to revert the blanket silence nerf cause "high ranked players thought it was a mistake" but won't revert the totem interrupt/silence nerf, even though plenty of shaman players of all ranks think its a mistake......totems were perfectly balanced before aside from the HP problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    The Totem talent tier is pretty lame and not very creative, alot of the community has commented on it and Blizz even said they might consider changing it at one time. I just don't think totems have that much depth to them that they deserve a whole talent tier, I still feel they should give all Shaman Totemic Projection and remove the tier and replace it with something else like a mobility tier.

Shaman are getting some good buffs this patch, they finally put 10%HP on SBT which I have been saying it has needed from the start, I hope they do the same for Stormlash as well. And also still feel that Imp GW glyph should be part of GW.

And anyone else think its a little ridiculous that they decide to revert the blanket silence nerf cause "high ranked players thought it was a mistake" but won't revert the totem interrupt/silence nerf, even though plenty of shaman players of all ranks think its a mistake......totems were perfectly balanced before aside from the HP problems.
    I would rather that they make Totemic Restoration baseline than Totemic Projection, but in the end the tier works, other classes have tiers that don't shine that much too, the talents have they uses, and the tier is balanced, so not something that should change in the middle of the expansion. The other things I have to agree with you thought.

I find Call of the Elements to be the most boring talent of the tier.
    Both Projection and Restoration are innovative, I didn't say ground breaking but still more complex than just "reset CD" and CotE isn't of any use to Elem/Enha except for very specific cases and even there you could just pick Restoration.

I liked the idea of having 2 totems of the same time at the same time much cooler !

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Both Projection and Restoration are innovative, I didn't say ground breaking but still more complex than just "reset CD" and CotE isn't of any use to Elem/Enha except for very specific cases and even there you could just pick Restoration.

I liked the idea of having 2 totems of the same time at the same time much cooler !
    I really liked this idea as well i hate having to recall my earth ele 4 earthgrab and Stone bulwark. or not being able to grounding and capicator totem at the same time as well. Cote is almost useless since it doesnt recall our worth while totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post

Heroic Empress Call of the elements allow 3-4 shamans chain Tremor totem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Heroic Empress Call of the elements allow 3-4 shamans chain Tremor totem.
    With 20s Tremor from Totemic Restoration its more reliable if you call it back instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    With 20s Tremor from Totemic Restoration its more reliable if you call it back instantly.
    no it's not lol.

Well, they remove the -90% initial damage of FS glyph... thats it for 5.2. :P
    Can you refer me to where this -90% initial damage on the FS glyph was? If you read the tooltip it indicates -25%
    I've looked for your char on armory, and you didnt even clear normal modes. I dont take anything what you say seriously, regarding Elemental shaman on heroic content - should I have to get "frowny-face" about it also?

You can infract me all you want, but stop acting like you're a mastermind behind being a shaman without even having the experience some people in this thread are talking about.
    Even if he isnt named Endus, and got 16/16 HC, he isnt the messiah we've been waiting for, telling that shaman are "OKAY" and only need +10% damage on LB/LvB.

Its about personal experience, like what I wrote. We've a system in place, where ones knowledge is tied to his experience and graduate degree.
    Personal experience means diddly in this situation. A change like the one you're suggesting would imbalance things a little, and wouldn't solve some of the issues with the spec anyway. What are your qualifications for saying that Endus doesn't know what he's talking about? (In before a response saying I don't have the experience to either comment or refute statements)

Also, I didn't realize we had to certify people to be able to talk about classes like this. Where do I get one of those?
    For every person on this planet it'd be clear that it was an intended joke. Honestly, please post again that looked through my whole posting behaviour... make a psychological profile of my mind while you're at it.

I didnt deny his knowledge about mechanics or being good at numbers. His attitude "I'm right, you're wrong" is what get on my nerves... he is not my daddy to tell me what *I* (or anyone else for this matter) wants for Elemental, or what is "enought".
    Well, for starters you are wrong. Requiring people re-read all of your prior posts (without any hint they should do so) to form an idea of how your mind works in order to interpret your post is assuming that everyone is a psychologist with precognition. It also doesn't matter what you or anyone else around here wants for Elemental. Talk about changes that have not been made on the PTR is pure speculation and fairly redundant.
    Way to ignore 90% of what I wrote. I think I didnt make it clear enought that I dont care about what you think about the post I've made. Please, if you dont have anything insightful to say, dont quote my posts.
    Again, we have a situation where just because your personal experience does not cover a situation you assume it doesn't exist. Relying on personal experience only tends to limit people.

I'll be perfectly honest here and say that you're being a bit of a dick with your posts in this thread. If you're going to respond to an argument, respond to the actual argument rather than saying "You're wrong because you don't have 16/16 H yet"