Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lav that is a PvP change for the small instances where shamans get drained of all of their mana as enhance.

What I am curious about is the UF change, where it now impacts LvB as well as LB. Will this make it worth picking up for us as Ele and not just an Enhance talent?

Shocking to wake up to no Shaman adjustments again.

In before people start complaining about the lack of Shaman changes in the latest PTR build...
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Shocking to wake up to no Shaman adjustments again.
    Oh, damn it, too late!

Tbh, I'm expecting the changes will go into a forum post before they appear on the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    In before people start complaining about the lack of Shaman changes in the latest PTR build...
    There were only changes for 5 classes. It's pretty darned clear that they're working on a few classes at a time, and that they just haven't gotten to Shaman yet.

The sky is not falling, and I really wish the Chicken Littles would stop shouting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There were only changes for 5 classes. It's pretty darned clear that they're working on a few classes at a time, and that they just haven't gotten to Shaman yet.

The sky is not falling, and I really wish the Chicken Littles would stop shouting.
    Yes, but you know what they say - time is running up...

But but but Endus, isnt that what we are supposed to do is cry about the class all day?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

For simplicity, say it does 100 damage now. So 200 damage on a crit.

In 5.2, it will do 67 damage, but always crit for 133. And 50% more on a target with Flame Shock is 200.

There should be no effective change from that in particular, though we still haven't gotten the coming numbers tweak, which may adjust things further; the "33% of current" reflects the mechanical overhaul, not the final numbers pass.
    we get 250% crits so it is
    5.1) 100 normal -> 250 crit
    5.2) 67 normal -> 168 crit + 84 (50% FS) => 252
    which is however same conclusion => it is equal
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-02-19 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    we get 250% crits so it is
    5.1) 100 normal -> 250 crit
    5.2) 67 normal -> 168 crit + 84 (50% FS) => 252
    which is however same conclusion => it is equal
    More equal than that, since you're rounding off and that's where the extra 2 comes from.

The point I was trying to make was that the whole things is completely balance-neutral on a target with flame shock, no change. The ONLY change is to targets without FS on.

More equal than that, since you're rounding off and that's where the extra 2 comes from.

The point I was trying to make was that the whole things is completely balance-neutral on a target with flame shock, no change. The ONLY change is to targets without FS on.
    of course some rounding is involved (you have it too and ) but it doesn't matter as the delta is really low. my intention was to show it with 250% crit damage as this is what we usually have as base so that nobody is confused if it still fits and everybody can see that is absolutly neutral even if crit damage modifier are involved. crit meta gem is another example of such a modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    Yes, but you know what they say - time is running [b]out[/out]...
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    About the whole "time is running out"-topic and a little bit OT:

Can we even predict when the patch will hit?
    I mean, there was no number tweaking yet, classes are still getting attended to in detail and the PvP season has not yet ended (for as far as I know and I don't play pvp).

Sooooo - when? In 2 weeks? 3 weeks? even farer away?

I just talked with our guild leaders and our raid schedule is also dependent on the patch day, so it might be good to estimate the patch?

I think, I will just tell everybody: "For as long as shamans aren't fixed, there will be no patch!"
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2013-02-19 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Predictions are an exercise in futility. We do know it's at least an additional 2 weeks away, as Bashiok stated in one of the 5.2 blog posts last week that there was enough time to Valor cap. A few days before that they officially mentioned "end of February".

Your best bet? The old Blizzard mantra of "We'll release it when we think it's done".

Deleted
    I'm unsure as to whatever you guys have mentioned it already.
    But to call QQ'ers:

Ghostcrawler mentioned that the ''lack of changes'' to elemental shaman will be adressed rapidly upon release of 5.2 incase it wasn't enough as a buff.

The new changes would be:

*Searing totem scaling with haste
    *Even more increased damage to LB (Yea... like that would solve our current ''burst class issues'')

According to GC; This would increase our substain to be compared to other classes.
    Sure, it might be a nice change, and it might solve things but that's too soon to tell as they have been nerfing and buffing LB ever since wotlk with no luck.

I was also thinking about the change to Unleashed fury.
    Do you guys reckon that would up the priority on UF+LvB, or perhaps even UF+FS.

Best regards, Kanpai.

And there it is :

Shaman
    - Shamanism increases Lightning Bolt damage by 70%, up from 50%.
    - Elemental Focus now increases spell damage by 15%, up from 10%.
    The buff to Elemental Focus is nice !

On single target dps, Elemental Focus has a 60-70% uptime, the %age is going up a bit since better gear = more crit so all in all it is roughly a 2-2.5% buff (it doesn't affect totems if i'm not mistaken). On aoe it's closer to 3-3.5% since the uptime is 80%+.

Shamanism buff is harder to calculate but it is something around 2%, right ?
    Last edited by Recom; 2013-02-20 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tons of buffs even for specs that don't need it now. I hope 5.2 will be great for shamans ( even if i'm starting to doubt about enhancement).
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    source for the buff to Shamaism and Focus?

i wonder how that will affect our value of crit, i can see soon haste=mastery=crit...makes for slack with reforging i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wownije View Post
    I'm unsure as to whatever you guys have mentioned it already.
    But to call QQ'ers:

Ghostcrawler mentioned that the ''lack of changes'' to elemental shaman will be adressed rapidly upon release of 5.2 incase it wasn't enough as a buff.

The new changes would be:

*Searing totem scaling with haste
    *Even more increased damage to LB (Yea... like that would solve our current ''burst class issues'')

According to GC; This would increase our substain to be compared to other classes.
    Sure, it might be a nice change, and it might solve things but that's too soon to tell as they have been nerfing and buffing LB ever since wotlk with no luck.

I was also thinking about the change to Unleashed fury.
    Do you guys reckon that would up the priority on UF+LvB, or perhaps even UF+FS.

Best regards, Kanpai.
    Where did you found that info?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    source for the buff to Shamaism and Focus?
    mmo-c front page blue poster,PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues, Part III.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some napkin math based on simulationcraft numbers;

The Shamanism buff is about a 13% gain on LB (150%->170%), so about a 3.0-3.5% DPS gain on its own.

Elemental Focus has about a 60% uptime, so that's about a 3% gain there as well.

Overall, I think that still leaves us a little behind the pack. I expect more adjustments, though; most other classes have had multiple iterations, and this is just the first set of numbers tweaks for Shaman.

Link to the source; http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/