Page 70 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I expect it will also be fairly good for Elemental for different reasons (even if Lava Burst does not get the Chaos Bolt treatment). A crit Fulmination + ES, Elemental Blast or even Lightning Bolt will do a large amount of damage.

Here are some numbers for you from a T14H sim:

Elemental Blast: 258,998
    Fulmination: 254,242 (plus 70,862 from Earth Shock)
    Lava Burst: 161,906
    Lightning Bolt: 137,182

This doesn't even include extra hits from Echo & Overload. I think most of it will come down to how predictable the buff is or how quickly you can react when it pops.
    Sure, I never meant that trinket to be a waste for elemental. But try comparing a 4 sec window (at most) for elemental with a boomkin chaining starsurges, even normal hits hit like a truck. Does channelling Malefic Grasp on 100% crit dots make the MG dot dmg also crit? If it does,... Shadows gain from the trinket is explained well enough in the blue post.
    All I am saying is that this trinket is way out of proportion for dot specs - and there already are enough encounters that scream for multidotting.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    So a single trinket proc will completely flip our rotation priority to EB Fulm then Lvb even if it procs during ascendance or would it be more benfefical to hold off on ascendance for a few until u get the proc ??
    My mistake there is no ICD so you cant track it so even while in ascendance if it happens to proc EB and Fulm take priority ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurean View Post
    Unerring Vision of Lei Shen is also very powerful for affli locks as they can extend their dots to ~30+ seconds during the 100% crit.
    Does it work with combustion? I don't know.

That trinket alone gives all three dot specs such a heavy single target boost that I am seriously concerned about my spot in 10man during heroic progression.

Unless there are some big buffs coming for elemental, I don't see how I can compete in a world#50 10man raid anymore.
    Keep in mind that while they haven't buffed elemental yet, they also haven't nerfed affliction yet either, which is something they've said they will be doing.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Are there any enhancer changes buffs?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Keep in mind that while they haven't buffed elemental yet, they also haven't nerfed affliction yet either, which is something they've said they will be doing.
    well Grimoire of Sacrifice was nerfed from 50% inceased dmage to 45% incereased damage. but I guess all classes are waiting for the first number adjustments like we do. I have no doubt that they try to bring them down more in the direction of the "pack".

I'm really concerned about this crit trinket because for me it sounds to good for some dot classes. I would like to know if they have such a setup in mind when doing number tweaks. while we have some good usage in that 4s window I think the main problem is that dot classes can extend the usage of that buff extremly for their dots and depending effects. see moonkin.
    but we have to wait till we got some real test data about it.
    it is once again a single item that has as major impact for balancing.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-02-17 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Which buffs would you expect Enhancement to get? Mechanics are somewhat sloppy (like the AoE ramp-up), but they're overall fine. Damage has been great this tier as it's been a competitive melee DPS spec (which is all you can ask for, and melee hasn't been slacking either this tier).

PvE wise, I don't think Enhancement really needs all that much.

One thing I've been thinking about, for Elemental as Enhancement: If we combine Astral Shift with Shamanistic Rage, would it allow us to soak things like Will HC sparks or Elegon HC explosions? I know not every class needs a skill like Dispersion or Deterrence or even Ice Block, but it would be nice not to feel useless on fights where these mechanics are ever so crucial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the changes have been to glyphs and talents, so not much spec specific.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/feed/news#class_shaman
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    One thing I've been thinking about, for Elemental as Enhancement: If we combine Astral Shift with Shamanistic Rage, would it allow us to soak things like Will HC sparks or Elegon HC explosions? I know not every class needs a skill like Dispersion or Deterrence or even Ice Block, but it would be nice not to feel useless on fights where these mechanics are ever so crucial.
    well as enhancer you can already combine it. so some people here should know the answer^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    well as enhancer you can already combine it. so some people here should know the answer^^
    Do they add up though? it wouldn't be 90% would it?

The Chain Lightning change slightly buffs Enhancement, but its probably more of an oversight. I'm sure the change is mostly meant for Elemental. Enhancement's "cleave" is still fairly nonexistent.

Deleted
    Yea, that's why I asked here. Never tried any of these encounters as Enhancement so far.

Yea, that's why I asked here. Never tried any of these encounters as Enhancement so far.
    here they write something about enhancement can soak courage spark. not sure if this is what you was looking for.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    no. it is multiplicative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    It's multiplicative, but not that way. So instead of .3(.4) it's .7(.6) which is .42.

Meaning, the two together would provide 58% damage reduction.

Deleted
    Not enough to soak without a shield

10+ Year Old Account
    In extreme cases i soak sparks with SR and Astral Shift during WotE HM, so yes.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough to soak without a shield
    Well, if you combine the two with UF Rockbiter, damage reduction goes from 58% to 75%. But I don't raid so don't know anything about the fights, their mechanics, or how much reduction you'd need; though as an elemental I guess the chances of anyone taking UF are slim, but again I have no idea.

I'm really concerned about this crit trinket because for me it sounds to good for some dot classes. I would like to know if they have such a setup in mind when doing number tweaks. while we have some good usage in that 4s window I think the main problem is that dot classes can extend the usage of that buff extremly for their dots and depending effects. see moonkin.
    but we have to wait till we got some real test data about it.
    it is once again a single item that has as major impact for balancing.
    that trinket is just non elemental, fire mage/boomkin/spriest/affliction all can make so much more use than elemental can by giving their refreshed dots 100% crit, i'm just worried that trinket will be so powerful for those classes that elemental will actually fall far behind them simply because of how powerful it can be, such as giving a boomkin a truck loads of starsurge procs.

i'll pass it until the end of time, taking it from such classes is so egotistical i don't know why you would raid if you're loot whoring. we'll have to see if the massive 8k int procs and the stacking 1505 int proc trinkets during ascendance make us just as powerful, having like 15k~ int procced during ascendance is just godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

i'll pass it until the end of time, taking it from such classes is so egotistical i don't know why you would raid if you're loot whoring. we'll have to see if the massive 8k int procs and the stacking 1505 int proc trinkets during ascendance make us just as powerful, having like 15k~ int procced during ascendance is just godly.
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance is a pretty decent Trinket for Elemental, though it has Crit (Crit ain't that bad) it only triggers from Crit Spells and has no ICD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    In extreme cases i soak sparks with SR and Astral Shift during WotE HM, so yes.
    This is true. Don't try it with only one of them up though.

Deleted
    Are there any parses or tests done that tell us which talents will be superior based on the buffs? I love elemental blast too much to change to primal ele or unleashed fury.