Page 71 of 118 FirstFirst ...
21
61
69
70
71
72
73
81
... LastLast
  1. #1401
    Stood in the Fire Xanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    L'Aquila
    Posts
    429
    In extreme cases i soak sparks with SR and Astral Shift during WotE HM, so yes.
    "Man knows- he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."


  2. #1402
    Stood in the Fire shell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Not enough to soak without a shield
    Well, if you combine the two with UF Rockbiter, damage reduction goes from 58% to 75%. But I don't raid so don't know anything about the fights, their mechanics, or how much reduction you'd need; though as an elemental I guess the chances of anyone taking UF are slim, but again I have no idea.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

  3. #1403
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    I'm really concerned about this crit trinket because for me it sounds to good for some dot classes. I would like to know if they have such a setup in mind when doing number tweaks. while we have some good usage in that 4s window I think the main problem is that dot classes can extend the usage of that buff extremly for their dots and depending effects. see moonkin.
    but we have to wait till we got some real test data about it.
    it is once again a single item that has as major impact for balancing.
    that trinket is just non elemental, fire mage/boomkin/spriest/affliction all can make so much more use than elemental can by giving their refreshed dots 100% crit, i'm just worried that trinket will be so powerful for those classes that elemental will actually fall far behind them simply because of how powerful it can be, such as giving a boomkin a truck loads of starsurge procs.

    i'll pass it until the end of time, taking it from such classes is so egotistical i don't know why you would raid if you're loot whoring. we'll have to see if the massive 8k int procs and the stacking 1505 int proc trinkets during ascendance make us just as powerful, having like 15k~ int procced during ascendance is just godly.

  4. #1404
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

    i'll pass it until the end of time, taking it from such classes is so egotistical i don't know why you would raid if you're loot whoring. we'll have to see if the massive 8k int procs and the stacking 1505 int proc trinkets during ascendance make us just as powerful, having like 15k~ int procced during ascendance is just godly.
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance is a pretty decent Trinket for Elemental, though it has Crit (Crit ain't that bad) it only triggers from Crit Spells and has no ICD.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  5. #1405
    Dreadlord Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    In extreme cases i soak sparks with SR and Astral Shift during WotE HM, so yes.
    This is true. Don't try it with only one of them up though.

  6. #1406
    Are there any parses or tests done that tell us which talents will be superior based on the buffs? I love elemental blast too much to change to primal ele or unleashed fury.

  7. #1407
    So I'm curious, at what point were we supposed to see the shaman changes?

  8. #1408
    Hopefully next week !

  9. #1409
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Are there any parses or tests done that tell us which talents will be superior based on the buffs? I love elemental blast too much to change to primal ele or unleashed fury.
    You need to specify your spec, although I'll assume you're Elemental and go with my standard "Can't assess anything with outstanding changes" answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangar View Post
    So I'm curious, at what point were we supposed to see the shaman changes?
    Hopefully in the next few days. We hardly ever see anything posted over the weekends anyway.

  10. #1410
    Pandaren Monk Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,825
    Something unrelated: Any plans to make a Moonkin guide, Binkenstein? Sunfyre his guides are decent but yours are particularly enjoyable to read.

  11. #1411
    Brewmaster Foxhoundn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,412
    Does the healing buff from flame shock also work for the FS spell that is redistributed by Lava Lash?
    Battletag : Foxhoundn#2793
    Steam : Foxhoundn
    PSN : Foxhoundzor

    "Always an Enhancement shaman, now a casual running in circles in any major city."

  12. #1412
    Dreadlord Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Does the healing buff from flame shock also work for the FS spell that is redistributed by Lava Lash?
    If it doesn't then NOONE will take that glyph.

  13. #1413
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    If it doesn't then NOONE will take that glyph.
    i'll take it when im not using CL glyph.

  14. #1414
    Mechagnome Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sen'Jin Village
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Does the healing buff from flame shock also work for the FS spell that is redistributed by Lava Lash?
    Last time I tested it on PTR it did. Though I did not test it for very long so I don't have any numbers to show for it.

    I think with incoming Ele buffs Enh will see some buffs (i.e LB or FlS buffs). Though I would really like to see some Resto buffs, right now I feel like I am lagging behind alot compared to our Holy Pally.

  15. #1415
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Something unrelated: Any plans to make a Moonkin guide, Binkenstein? Sunfyre his guides are decent but yours are particularly enjoyable to read.
    Not currently. Hamlet has Moonkin pretty well covered.

  16. #1416
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Last time I tested it on PTR it did. Though I did not test it for very long so I don't have any numbers to show for it.

    I think with incoming Ele buffs Enh will see some buffs (i.e LB or FlS buffs). Though I would really like to see some Resto buffs, right now I feel like I am lagging behind alot compared to our Holy Pally.

    I also think Resto throughput is on the low side and needs to be looked at. From an overall perspective, Resto is dead last in 10 mans and second last to only Druids (who are getting an across the board buff) in 25 mans. Sure, Resto Shaman have loads of utility and are decently represented this tier. However, how fun is it really to be a buff bot/mana battery?

    I think the biggest issue with Resto throughput is its Mastery mechanics and how much its output is suppressed by absorb healers. Resto output only seems competitive with that of other healers on fights where people are typically sitting low and where you get a large mastery contribution. On fights where there isn't massive amounts of raid wide damage, Shaman drop pretty precipitously. This isn't just a normal vs hard mode or a progression vs farm content issue, it includes progression fights like Heroic Sha. The nature of our mastery and the nature of how dependent we are on burst cooldown output (on less healing intensive fights, there is less burst for the cooldowns to soak up) means that we also suffer more from having a lot of Disc priests/holy pally absorbs in the raid and from having more healing than you need in the raid than any other healer.

    The problem is, I don't know how you balance it. It feels like we are only balanced to be competitive on fights that are favorable to our mastery, which really isn't fair. If they buff it so that we are more competitive overall, our output will be too high on difficult/progression fights. The answer probably is to rework the design of the mastery.

  17. #1417
    i think resto issue is addressed with our 2 set and 4 set bonus for 10 man, at least for 5.2

  18. #1418
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    i think resto issue is addressed with our 2 set and 4 set bonus for 10 man, at least for 5.2
    I disagree. Both set bonuses add about 2% output each. However, you have to consider that every other healing spec is also getting nice 2 and 4 set bonuses, and several of them look stronger than the Resto ones. At best, the set bonuses will be a neutral change; we won't gain anything relative to other healers and may actually lose ground.

  19. #1419
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    I also think Resto throughput is on the low side and needs to be looked at. From an overall perspective, Resto is dead last in 10 mans and second last to only Druids (who are getting an across the board buff) in 25 mans. Sure, Resto Shaman have loads of utility and are decently represented this tier. However, how fun is it really to be a buff bot/mana battery?

    I think the biggest issue with Resto throughput is its Mastery mechanics and how much its output is suppressed by absorb healers. Resto output only seems competitive with that of other healers on fights where people are typically sitting low and where you get a large mastery contribution. On fights where there isn't massive amounts of raid wide damage, Shaman drop pretty precipitously. This isn't just a normal vs hard mode or a progression vs farm content issue, it includes progression fights like Heroic Sha. The nature of our mastery and the nature of how dependent we are on burst cooldown output (on less healing intensive fights, there is less burst for the cooldowns to soak up) means that we also suffer more from having a lot of Disc priests/holy pally absorbs in the raid and from having more healing than you need in the raid than any other healer.

    The problem is, I don't know how you balance it. It feels like we are only balanced to be competitive on fights that are favorable to our mastery, which really isn't fair. If they buff it so that we are more competitive overall, our output will be too high on difficult/progression fights. The answer probably is to rework the design of the mastery.

    I don't agree completely.


    A part of the problem is absorbs, and mainly disc priest's absorbs, who're too good. But with the nerf to SS and DA, shamans will benefit the most from it because we got punished the hardest when healing with an absorb healer. My healing took a massive hit when our resto druid switched to a disc priest and I'm looking forward to taking back a part of what he took from me.


    And being competitive on fights with low healing, doesn't matter all that much to me nor is it important for progress raiding. Fights with low healing requirements mean you can bring whatever healer you want because it doesn't actually matter all that much. And there's no objective reason to ditch a shaman over another healer because the outcome will be the same. The problems arise when you get sat because you can't heal the content with a fuckton of damage going out and our mastery is tailored to those fights.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

  20. #1420
    Lava Burst base damage reduced by 33%, but now always crits. It does 50% more damage to the targets that affected by Flame Shock.


    looks like a 5% damage buff to me... what do you guys think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •